PDA

View Full Version : kville/tmidway

eppy 12
05-07-2008, 03:30 PM
GO BRAHMA SOFTBALL!:clap: in Alice tomorrow night, one shot one kill.:cool:

pirate4state
05-07-2008, 03:54 PM
Wonder if TM can hang? I know they have the bats & solid pitching, but Candance is tough, tough! Should be a GREAT game! Good Luck!

Do you know what the district scores were between these two?

eppy 12
05-07-2008, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Wonder if TM can hang? I know they have the bats & solid pitching, but Candance is tough, tough! Should be a GREAT game! Good Luck!

Do you know what the district scores were between these two? 5-2 and 8-1.

pirate4state
05-07-2008, 04:07 PM
I was really surprised that TM struggled. Wonder what was going on? Anyway. GOOD LUCK TO KINGSVILLE! :thumbsup:

Do you know who wanted the one game vs the series?

eppy 12
05-07-2008, 04:09 PM
I was really surprised that TM struggled. Wonder what was going on? Anyway. GOOD LUCK TO KINGSVILLE! :thumbsup:

Do you know who wanted the one game vs the series? at the moment no i don't.:(

pirate4state
05-07-2008, 04:12 PM
Well, go find out!

I'm guessing TM wanted one game. I was a little surprised to see Kingsville drop a game to Pt. Lavaca, but am glad they recovered!

eppy 12
05-07-2008, 04:13 PM
Well, go find out!

I'm guessing TM wanted one game. I was a little surprised to see Kingsville drop a game to Pt. Lavaca, but am glad they recovered! i was guessing the girls as well (kville), confident and restful at the same time.;)

pirate4state
05-07-2008, 04:20 PM
gotcha

eppy 12
05-09-2008, 08:09 AM
By Jaime Gonzalez
Special to the Caller-Times
Originally published 04:18 a.m., May 9, 2008
Updated 04:18 a.m., May 9, 2008

ALICE -- After rallying down from two runs early, the Kingsville softball team had to hold off Tuloso-Midway to win its Region IV-3A quarterfinal, 4-3.

"That's what happened the last time that we played them," Kingsville coach Nilda Garcia said. "The kids were determined. They figured they would come back, and they did. I'm proud of the way they played."

The Cherokees drew first blood in the first inning, using a hit batter and a Brahma error to reach base. Tasha Zamora brought in the first run on a double to right-center field that plated Lauren Schwitlich. Amy Gonzales then brought in Valerie Colunga on a single up the middle to put Tuloso-Midway up 2-0.

"We jumped out real quick on them and then just kind of laid down," Tuloso-Midway coach Joe Green said.

The Brahmas threatened in the top of the second, putting runners on the corners with one out, but Brittain forced a double play to keep Kingsville off the scoreboard.

The Brahmas capitalized on their second scoring opportunity in the fourth inning. With runners on second and third and two outs, Amanda Arriaga knocked in a sharp single to center field that brought in Jessica Acuna to make it a one-run game, 2-1.

Kingsville took the lead in the top of the next inning thanks to a couple of Cherokees errors. The Brahmas put their first two runners on in the top of the fifth, and a Cherokee miscue allowed Julia Sanford to score the tying run after she had reached on the first error of the inning. The go-ahead run came on a two-out double by Desiree Ayarzagaitia to left field that plated Acuna.

"When you make errors, you're going to lose," Green said.

The Brahmas added another run in the seventh to make it 4-2. With two outs, Barbie Ochoa hit a single up the middle to bring in Acuna for the third time of the night.

In the bottom of the seventh, the Cherokees rallied for a run. However, Brandenburg was able to get the two next batters to groundout and shut the door on the T-M threat and the game.

Kingsville 000 120 1 -- 4 6 2

T-M 200 000 1 -- 3 6 5

WP -- Constance Brandenburg (22-4); LP -- Emily Brittain (24-8); 2B -- K, Ayarzagaitia; TM, Gonzales

Highlights -- K, Acuna 1-4, 3 R, Arriaga 2-2, RBI; TM, Gonzales 2-2, RBI

Records -- Kingsville 25-5; T-M 25-9

:clap: :clap:

pirate4state
05-09-2008, 08:12 AM
Good game! Congrats to the Brahams!!! Good luck next week!

eppy 12
05-09-2008, 08:22 AM
Good game! Congrats to the Brahams!!! Good luck next week! ;)

NastySlot
05-09-2008, 08:42 AM
do you guys now of any kids from TM that have committed to play softball in college?