PDA

View Full Version : Rex Hadnot will sponsor free football camp

mistanice
05-07-2008, 02:08 PM
"This is just some small way I can say thank your for giving me that opportunity."

Lufkin, TX- Native football great Rex Hadnot, is offering to the football players of Angelina County a free football camp. The date is set for Wednesday, June 18, 2008 rain or shine. The camp will be divided into two different age groups. The first group ages 7-12 will begin registration at 8:30AM with the camp running from 9:00 AM until 12:00 noon. The second age group, 13-18 will register at 12:30 PM, and the camp will begin at 1:00PM and conclude at 4:00PM. The camp will be held at the Lufkin High School Football Stadium.

Although several years have passed since Rex Hadnot moved for Lufkin, TX, he has not forgotten those hot Texas days of playing football. He expressed to his high school coach and mentor, Coach Tommy Earley, he really wanted to give back to the community who has stood by him for so many years. Therefore it is the desire of Rex to provide this camp for free to all players really interested in taking their game to the next level. "There is so much pride and tradition in Angelina County when it comes to football", stated Rex, "I'm not the only NFLplayer to come from this area and we all have so much to be thankful for, the coaches, parents and fans. This is just some small way I can say thank you for giving me that opportunity." Coach Earley has assembled a great coaching team to help during the camp. Also Rex has invited some very special NFLplayers who plan on joining him during this camp.

After graduating from Lufkin High School, Hadnot received a full ride scholarship to play for the University of Houston. It did not take long for Hadnot to work his way to the starting position of offensive lineman for the Cougars. Following U of H, Hadnot went early in the 6th round of the NFLdraft. The Miami Dolphins quickly saw the talent and strength of Rex and put him in as a starter mid-way in his rookie season. He has played in 55 straight professional NFLgames for the Dolphins. After four years in the NFLHadnot became a free agent and various offers began coming in. Rex recently signed with the Cleveland Browns. "Rex's talent will be greatly appreciated within the Cleveland Browns organization and we are excited about his future," reports his agent Tyron Collins. Keeping with Hadnot's drive and determination, he immediately reported to the Browns Headquarters after signing his new deal to learn the system and begin working out with the coaches in Cleveland Ohio.

Pre-registration forms can be found at all Angelina schools. The form can be completed and returned to coaches and/or athletic directors. Registration forms can also be obtained from Academy Sports located at 2912 Brentwood Drive, Lufkin, TX 75901. For more details please call Coach Tommy Earley at 939-630-4124.

link (http://www.dibollfreepress.com/news/2008/0507/sports/039.html)