PDA

View Full Version : Baylor, 5 years later...

Maroon87
05-07-2008, 12:34 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/columns/story?columnist=oneil_dana&id=3371852

Maroon87
05-07-2008, 12:41 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/columns/story?columnist=oneil_dana&id=3371796

Txbroadcaster
05-07-2008, 12:48 PM
I tell you what..Coach K of Duke just went down MANY levels in my book

as has the coaching frat as a whole..to reaccept Dave Bliss but shun this guy is amazingly sick

Reds fan
05-07-2008, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
I tell you what..Coach K of Duke just went down MANY levels in my book

as has the coaching frat as a whole..to reaccept Dave Bliss but shun this guy is amazingly sick

:ditto:

kaorder1999
05-07-2008, 01:05 PM
those articles are too long and I don thave time to read them...what does Coach K have to do with any of it?

Txbroadcaster
05-07-2008, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by kaorder1999
those articles are too long and I don thave time to read them...what does Coach K have to do with any of it?

Many coaches, including Hall of Famers Jim Boeheim and Mike Krzyzewski, have said that Rouse had crossed the line. "If one of my assistants would tape every one of my conversations with me not knowing it, there's no way he would be on my staff," Krzyzewski told "Outside the Lines" in 2003. The rank and file has fallen in step.

pirate4state
05-07-2008, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
Many coaches, including Hall of Famers Jim Boeheim and Mike Krzyzewski, have said that Rouse had crossed the line. "If one of my assistants would tape every one of my conversations with me not knowing it, there's no way he would be on my staff," Krzyzewski told "Outside the Lines" in 2003. The rank and file has fallen in step. I kinda see what he means in that you should be able to TRUST your assistants, but in no way do I think they should be treating this guy as a pariah for doing the right thing!

kaorder1999
05-07-2008, 01:16 PM
interesting.....

kaorder1999
05-07-2008, 01:17 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
I kinda see what he means in that you should be able to TRUST your assistants, but in no way do I think they should be treating this guy as a pariah for doing the right thing!

yeah...the trust has to be there.

kaorder1999
05-07-2008, 01:22 PM
now...if you record a conversation to get the coach caught that is doing something illegal and could hurt the future of another person because of the illegal actions its one thing...but to just record conversations all the time to possible catch the coach doing something is another thing in my opinion!

kaorder1999
05-07-2008, 01:22 PM
but im also just spouting off without reading hte story and knowing many details about it! haha

Txbroadcaster
05-07-2008, 01:25 PM
in no way should Coach K say he crossed the line, and IMO it is classless in anyway for him to try to say the asst was wrong

kaorder1999
05-07-2008, 01:33 PM
txbroadcaster....

If I was the head coach and I hired you as an assistant and you recorded a conversation because you KNEW I was doing something illegal that was hurting someone else....there is nothing wrong with that at all....

If I was the head coach and you were the assistant and when I hired you you then began to record conversations in hopes you would catch me doing something illegal....I have a problem with that.

You see it that way or differ?

Txbroadcaster
05-07-2008, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by kaorder1999
txbroadcaster....

If I was the head coach and I hired you as an assistant and you recorded a conversation because you KNEW I was doing something illegal that was hurting someone else....there is nothing wrong with that at all....

If I was the head coach and you were the assistant and when I hired you you then began to record conversations in hopes you would catch me doing something illegal....I have a problem with that.

You see it that way or differ?

Coach K did not say that,,he states THIS asst coach stepped over the line...meaning this asst coach was wrong for exposing what IMO is one of the most disgusting things a coach at the college level has ever done

If coach K would have said something along the lines u did, then I understand..but to say the actions by this coach was wrong, IMO shows a big flaw in houw coaches would rather protect each other than be honest

kaorder1999
05-07-2008, 01:37 PM
gotcha!

BU97
05-07-2008, 10:43 PM
Interestingly enough, I knew Abar. We went to school at Midwestern, I transfered to Baylor, then he did the same a year later to work with the basketball team. We actually sat next to each other at graduation. Nice guy. I can't say that I agree with him being blackballed. He recognized a wrong and tried to do right. I hope that he gets a second chance.