PDA

View Full Version : Copyright infringement...I think I need a lawyer.

Sweetwater Red
05-07-2008, 10:50 AM
:thinking: :D

Sweetwater Reds open season with win

Written by Staff Reports
Tuesday, 06 May 2008

The Sweetwater Reds, Sweetwater’s only Senior League team of 15 and 16 year olds, beat the Abilene Brewers 12-8 at Abilene North Saturday in their season opener.
The Reds jumped out to a 9-1 lead and held on to gain the victory as starting pitcher Cameron Fox earned his first win, while Connor Stafford got the save. Larry Daniel also pitched in relief.
Every Reds player got at least one hit in a very impressive offensive showing. Leading the way was Daniel who had two doubles and five RBI. Kristopher Mayes and Kyle Howard followed with two hits and two RBI each.
Also hitting safely were Jordan Torres, Josh Pepper, Cole Rhoades, Oakley Deloera, Stafford, Tanner Crain and Fox. Stafford had 2 RBI and Crain had one. Mayes and Howard scored three times each while Rhoades scored twice.
In earning the win, Fox only yielded one run in three and struck out four batters while sprading out six hits. Daniel struck out four batters in one and two-third innings of work while Stafford did not yield a run as he closed out the game.
The Reds, coached by Scott Vause and Wes Stafford, were in action Monday and will play in Abilene Thursday and Saturday.

http://www.sweetwaterreporter.com/content/view/90097/122/

SWMustang
05-07-2008, 11:08 AM
judging from the granmmatical errors, I assumed this was a Sweetwater Repeater article.

Black_Magic
05-07-2008, 11:16 AM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
:thinking: :D

Sweetwater Reds open season with win

Written by Staff Reports
Tuesday, 06 May 2008

The Sweetwater Reds, Sweetwater’s only Senior League team of 15 and 16 year olds, beat the Abilene Brewers 12-8 at Abilene North Saturday in their season opener.
The Reds jumped out to a 9-1 lead and held on to gain the victory as starting pitcher Cameron Fox earned his first win, while Connor Stafford got the save. Larry Daniel also pitched in relief.
Every Reds player got at least one hit in a very impressive offensive showing. Leading the way was Daniel who had two doubles and five RBI. Kristopher Mayes and Kyle Howard followed with two hits and two RBI each.
Also hitting safely were Jordan Torres, Josh Pepper, Cole Rhoades, Oakley Deloera, Stafford, Tanner Crain and Fox. Stafford had 2 RBI and Crain had one. Mayes and Howard scored three times each while Rhoades scored twice.
In earning the win, Fox only yielded one run in three and struck out four batters while sprading out six hits. Daniel struck out four batters in one and two-third innings of work while Stafford did not yield a run as he closed out the game.
The Reds, coached by Scott Vause and Wes Stafford, were in action Monday and will play in Abilene Thursday and Saturday.

http://www.sweetwaterreporter.com/content/view/90097/122/ I forgot. Sweetwater didtn make the playoffs in baseball. they started the Teenage season early this year. :D . Im sure the basketball team next year will be at full strength in early december as well.;)

Ranger Mom
05-07-2008, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by SWMustang
judging from the granmmatical errors, I assumed this was a Sweetwater Repeater article.

Am I the only one that sees the irony here??:D :D

Sweetwater Red
05-07-2008, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Am I the only one that sees the irony here??:D :D

Now that you've pointed it out...no.:doh: :D

Ranger Mom
05-07-2008, 11:22 AM

It made me laugh!:D

pirate4state
05-07-2008, 11:24 AM
Am I the only one that sees the irony here??:D :D :thinking: hmmmmmmm, I'm thinking :spitlol:

Ranger Mom
05-07-2008, 11:29 AM

I pointed it out and you still don't see it??

Is that what you are saying?:confused:

Sweetwater Red
05-07-2008, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by Black_Magic
I forgot. Sweetwater didtn make the playoffs in baseball. they started the Teenage season early this year. :D . Im sure the basketball team next year will be at full strength in early december as well.;)

I can't argue the baseball thing. But, both Sweetwater and
Snyder's basketball teams haven't been very successful.:(

Sweetwater Red
05-07-2008, 11:34 AM
I pointed it out and you still don't see it??

Is that what you are saying?:confused:

"Now that you've pointed it out...no" you are not the only one
to see the irony.:nerd:

STANG RED
05-07-2008, 11:37 AM
That Larry Daniel kid in the article just happens to be my cousins kid. He's a dandy ball player for sure, and is only a freshman or soph. Already about 6'1" and maybe 170. Keep an eye on him in both football and baseball. He's a headhunter on the gridiron.

nobogey72
05-07-2008, 11:38 AM
I think she is saying that SWMustang would be qualified to go to work writing copy for the Sweetwater Repeater.:thinking: :doh: :D

Black_Magic
05-07-2008, 12:36 PM
I can't argue the baseball thing. But, both Sweetwater and
Snyder's basketball teams haven't been very successful.:( Or the Track thing or the football thing or the golf thing or the Taks thing LOL. Just yanking your chain. Snyder did go two rounds in the playoffs this year in Basketball. thats a good year for us lately but things are looking good in the up comming years in that department.

garciap77
05-07-2008, 12:40 PM
Black Magic are you guys getting Turf?

Black_Magic
05-07-2008, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by garciap77
Black Magic are you guys getting Turf? We sure are! Black Turf with white lines and black and gold endzones.

Sweetwater Red
05-07-2008, 12:44 PM
Black Magic are you guys getting Turf?

What's the stink on the new sports complex in Abilene. I heard
a commercial on 107.9 FM urging listeners to vote against it. :thinking:

Sweetwater Red
05-07-2008, 12:45 PM
Black Turf with white lines and black and gold endzones.

:speech:

:devil:

SWMustang
05-07-2008, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by nobogey72
I think she is saying that SWMustang would be qualified to go to work writing copy for the Sweetwater Repeater.:thinking: :doh: :D

Hey, I'm typing for free here between bursts of actual work I do - somebody in Sweetwater was paid to put that Jr. High level journalism article together.

garciap77
05-07-2008, 12:48 PM
Some people want to bring more jobs into Abliene by voting NO. Some people want to bring more sports events by voting yes. That's what I sum it up to be!

garciap77
05-07-2008, 12:51 PM
:speech:

:devil:

You mean no pink endzones!;)

Black_Magic
05-07-2008, 12:53 PM
You mean no pink endzones!;) BWAHAHAAHAA!:clap:

Sweetwater Red
05-07-2008, 12:59 PM
You mean no pink endzones!;)

Pink is only slightly more girly than purple.:thinking: :D

garciap77
05-07-2008, 01:01 PM
Pink is only slightly more girly than purple.:thinking: :D

:( :( :( :D

STANG RED
05-07-2008, 01:29 PM
We sure are! Black Turf with white lines and black and gold endzones.

And when that black fades to gray, and the gold turns baby caca yellow, they'll be almost as nice as our pink ones. :D

It's good for yall that the visitors will be scoring in different endzones each quarter, or they'd wear one clean out pretty fast.:devil:

nobogey72
05-07-2008, 01:30 PM
Some people want to bring more jobs into Abliene by voting NO. Some people want to bring more sports events by voting yes. That's what I sum it up to be!

The bottom line is this ----the idea is to capture some of the "select, traveling" whatever you want to call it, business. It won't create a big number of jobs, but in theory stimulate the economy by influx of parents bringing their sons and daughters to softball, volleyball, baseball, basketball etc. select tournaments. They have done their due dilligence and a high $ feasibility study and think it would be a home run. Teams from Midland/Odessa, Lubbock, San Angelo etc drive right through Abilene to get to the Metroplex for competition. They have $10 million in donated land just off I 20, they have to raise 15 million themselves, and the vote is whether or not to have the DCOA (1/2 cent sales tax $) contribute the other 15million. No new tax, but rather dedicating 15Million of future DCOA $. I don't think anyone is against having it here, it's just that some don't want to use DCOA $.

Black_Magic
05-07-2008, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by STANG RED
And when that black fades to gray, and the gold turns baby caca yellow, they'll be almost as nice as our pink ones. :D

It's good for yall that the visitors will be scoring in different endzones each quarter, or they'd wear one clean out pretty fast.:devil: Currently there is a Plan to alos update the entire stadium and locker facilities. Seating would be replaced on both sides and enlarged from the 5,000 or so to aobut 8,500. New Press box ( with elevator) .It would bite into the number of playoff games played at that your place with the pink endzones and porta pottys.

STANG RED
05-07-2008, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by nobogey72
The bottom line is this ----the idea is to capture some of the "select, traveling" whatever you want to call it, business. It won't create a big number of jobs, but in theory stimulate the economy by influx of parents bringing their sons and daughters to softball, volleyball, baseball, basketball etc. select tournaments. They have done their due dilligence and a high $ feasibility study and think it would be a home run. Teams from Midland/Odessa, Lubbock, San Angelo etc drive right through Abilene to get to the Metroplex for competition. They have $10 million in donated land just off I 20, they have to raise 15 million themselves, and the vote is whether or not to have the DCOA (1/2 cent sales tax $) contribute the other 15million. No new tax, but rather dedicating 15Million of future DCOA $. I don't think anyone is against having it here, it's just that some don't want to use DCOA $.

If I had a vote, I would vote for it. Abilene's geographic location from west to east Texas and the metromess makes it a great location for a facility like this, and probably would bring lots of dollars to town over the long haul. I think some people just cant see the forrest for the trees sometimes, or they just dont understand the issue well enough.

Sweetwater Red
05-07-2008, 01:45 PM
It would bite into the number of playoff games played at that your place with the pink endzones and porta pottys.

No it won't. There is one thing Sweetwater will always have
that Snyder won't.....I-20.:thinking:

STANG RED
05-07-2008, 01:47 PM
Currently there is a Plan to alos update the entire stadium and locker facilities. Seating would be replaced on both sides and enlarged from the 5,000 or so to aobut 8,500. New Press box ( with elevator) .It would bite into the number of playoff games played at that your place with the pink endzones and porta pottys.

yeah, at least now all those we have to turn away every year will have another option. We dont mind yall taking our culls.

nobogey72
05-07-2008, 01:53 PM
If I had a vote, I would vote for it. Abilene's geographic location from west to east Texas and the metromess makes it a great location for a facility like this, and probably would bring lots of dollars to town over the long haul. I think some people just cant see the forrest for the trees sometimes, or they just dont understand the issue well enough.

Yeah, I voted for it. Most people don't realize how big select is. 4th, 5th, and 6th grade kids from Wylie will start traveling as soon as school is out to play in select softball, basketball, tournaments all over the state. Some of the naysayers don't like the individual who is donating the $10 million property because it is no secret that he will benefit from it due to owning alot of property around it. The bottom line is that it would stimulate the fire out of the economy here, which is also the bottom line of the DCOA. So.......... I don't think it's going to pass, but we will see pretty soon.:)

DU_stud04
05-07-2008, 02:39 PM
Currently there is a Plan to alos update the entire stadium and locker facilities. Seating would be replaced on both sides and enlarged from the 5,000 or so to aobut 8,500. New Press box ( with elevator) .It would bite into the number of playoff games played at that your place with the pink endzones and porta pottys. I had heard that that was priority one over the turf, that Rogers doesn't mind keeping his grass and that y'all are supposed to be getting a nice little indoor practice facility like Abilene Wylie has.

Snydertigersrul
05-07-2008, 07:59 PM
Originally posted by DU_stud04
I had heard that that was priority one over the turf, that Rogers doesn't mind keeping his grass and that y'all are supposed to be getting a nice little indoor practice facility like Abilene Wylie has.

We are getting all of that.

:clap:

Stownhorse
05-07-2008, 08:38 PM
I had heard that that was priority one over the turf, that Rogers doesn't mind keeping his grass and that y'all are supposed to be getting a nice little indoor practice facility like Abilene Wylie has.

Yea cuz real football players practice in whatever weather the day brings.

Ranger Mom
05-07-2008, 08:39 PM
AMAZING!!!!

This turned into a Sweetwater vs Snyder thread!!!

Stownhorse
05-07-2008, 08:41 PM
"Yea Snyder will be better than Sweetwater because of their stone cold practice facility."

Thats what I meant to say

DU_stud04
05-07-2008, 09:03 PM
Originally posted by Stownhorse
Yea cuz real football players practice in whatever weather the day brings. sweetwater go to the big room when it gets bad too... i think Wylie's invited them to go over and use there facilities in the playoffs a few times.... what's your point? sweetwater doesn't produce real men? :thumbsup: :evil:

Stownhorse
05-07-2008, 09:20 PM
sweetwater go to the big room when it gets bad too... i think Wylie's invited them to go over and use there facilities in the playoffs a few times.... what's your point? sweetwater doesn't produce real men? :thumbsup: :evil:

Thats just because Blades has the lightning detector thing lol.

DU_stud turned this into Wylie(cuz im a wylie fan)-DU_stud thread.

STANG RED
05-07-2008, 09:38 PM
AMAZING!!!!

This turned into a Sweetwater vs Snyder thread!!!

Well somebody had to make it worth reading.:p

Just imagine how boring it would be around here if we all left and started our own Sweetwater vs Snyder downlow board.:D

Ranger Mom
05-07-2008, 09:58 PM

Just imagine how boring it would be around here if we all left and started our own Sweetwater vs Snyder downlow board.:D

That's been tried before....hahahaha!!

;)

Stownhorse
05-07-2008, 10:06 PM
That's been tried before....hahahaha!!

;)

nice :clap:

DU_stud04
05-07-2008, 11:38 PM
Originally posted by Stownhorse
Thats just because Blades has the lightning detector thing lol.

DU_stud turned this into Wylie(cuz im a wylie fan)-DU_stud thread. :D

i remember one day at practice it started hailing on us.... i didnt get to the big room very fast with my crutches hahaha