PDA

View Full Version : Cameron-35..... Caldwell-14

cameron crazy
10-12-2002, 10:00 PM
Cameron beat Caldwell 35-14. Anymore doubts from anybody??? If you want to read about the game click here http://www.cameronherald.com/articles/2002/10/12/news/sports/news02.txt

http://www.cameronherald.com/content/articles/2002/10/12/news/sports/news02.jpg

<small>[ October 12, 2002, 10:01 PM: Message edited by: cameron crazy ]</small>

IveyOldschool02
10-13-2002, 12:03 AM
That will quiet the Hornets for a short while...

tog
10-13-2002, 09:34 AM
congratulations to oye, they played a good game and won, from the article "The lopsided final score wasn't indicative of just how close the game was" it was a hard fought game, their coaches came in with a good gameplan and billy is a legitplayer that can take over when he wants to, best of luck the rest of the season oye, oh and oldschool whoever, whatever, we have nothing to hang our head about, oye is a good TEAM that has a great great player, i think you guys disrespected them when you said all they had was billy and ross, the rest of those guys can play too

Lombardi
10-13-2002, 04:44 PM
I think that the Caldwell-Rockdale game is for a playoff spot. Any thoughts?

HornetPride
10-13-2002, 06:26 PM
First off, Ivey is just sore because they got shut out by Caldwell which is pretty sad and it should have been 17-0 if you hadn't negated a perfect TD wih 11:46 left in the first quarter and a field goal we should have tried in the third instead of going for it on your 28. Beating Smithville means quite little. Giddings vs. Manor should be a dogfight to see who gets embarrassed in bi-district.

And Cameron crazy, we gift-wrapped the win for you. Does seven turnovers ring a bell? Your team played sound, I'll give them that, but sorry to disagree with "tog." If Pittman ever flunks or gets hurt, your season is SOOOOO bye-bye. You better hope we make the playoffs and beat Rockdale first because if not you get to play Gatesville all over again in bi-district. Does 21-6 sound familiar? Hmmm?

It's so typical that we'd have supporters compliment an opponent on their win and then get ragged by them. That's what happens when you play "gentleman football."

Caldwell will finish 5-5 if they desperately manage a win over lowly Troy or Lorena. We give up 35 second-half points, including 20 in the final three minute. HERE WE GO AGAIN............

johnhenryfaulk
10-13-2002, 08:25 PM
I think Caldwell will finish 6-4. If the hornets win this week, they will finish 7-3.

tog
10-13-2002, 10:39 PM
hornetpride, you say "That's what happens when you play "gentleman football."
Caldwell will finish 5-5 if they desperately manage a win over lowly Troy or Lorena. We give up 35 second-half points, including 20 in the final three minute. HERE WE GO AGAIN............" you sound like the ultimate bandwagon fan, one week you are loving all over us, and the next week after a tough loss to a good TEAM with an obviously great player, we suck and can't win and we are the same old team that you always complain about,, this is NOT the same team as last year, different players, different attitude, our players hear this crap from you and the so called "fans" in our twon every year and you wonder why my teamates have trouble dealing with pressure situations like friday night's? you and your buddies have drubbed it into the players heads over and over how we can't win the big games and how they just can't compete with oye and others, and how stupid the coaches are, that the players have little confidence in being able to get it done,,, hey get a clue, billy has been deep into the playoffs for two years and understands how to turn it up a notch, negative vibes by fans like you and a young team do not equal staying with a team like oye in the final minutes with stupid personal fouls, holding penalties, and turnovers for touchdowns kill a young team like we are, 85%of the fans leaving after the score was 15-14 oye doesn't help much either, you get on here and complain about the fans and how they lack support, bandwagon, fair weather fans to say the least,,, makes me sick, when we make the playoffs, why don't you just stay home?!!!

HornetPride
10-13-2002, 11:01 PM
NEWS FLASH: We are NOT going to make the playoffs! Rockdale is going to kick our butts all over the field and as usual, we'll score a touchdown or two and rest on our laurels with no regard for those of us stupid enough to dish out hard-earned money for tickets and gas to watch kids simply go through the motions. Instead of telling players "GREAT PHENOMENAL JOB" when they lead 7-0, it should be "You're ahead which is fine and dandy but we botched three other scoring opportunities and I want to see a 21-0 lead before the fourth quarter or it means six extra laps on Monday morning!"
That's what teams like Cameron, Daingerfield, Sealy, Cuero, Marlin tell their players because they have more potential than they think" If you set your goals low and drill into the team that they're good "for being so young" all the time, you substantiate that it's ok to lose because there's always next year - but guess, what sometimes "NEXT YEAR" never comes and if it weren't for the miraculous 3-7 team that made post-season three years ago, we'd be sitting around the beer joints downtown STILL TALKING TO THIS LOUSY DAY about players like Mike Stone from the Neanderthal era when we last had something to truly brag about.
I'm not a bandwagon fan. I've not missed a freakin' Caldwell game in 20 years but I'm damn near the end.
Sh*t or get off the pot!

bviking
10-14-2002, 11:07 AM
I think the last time Caldwell had a successful season was exactly 20 years ago, "81-'82, '84. Something in that area. What a coincidence that Hornet Pride has not missed a game in 20 years and before that they were winners. Maybe it is time for HornetPride to miss a couple games and take his $5.00 bill, roll up his "S**t" and his "pot" and sell it on the street in Rockdale, because we ain't buyin' it.

<small>[ October 14, 2002, 11:12 AM: Message edited by: bviking ]</small>

CHS_Grad '85
10-14-2002, 11:16 AM
bviking... it was '84. Caldwell lost in Area to Sweeny who made it all the way to the semi-finals. They lost to Medina Valley who was State Champs that year. But that's the past, I am only looking forward...

GO HORNETS!!!

bviking
10-14-2002, 11:24 AM
I am only looking forward also. This program will be exceptional for at least 4 more years. If some posters would support the team now instead of re-living the past and comparing talent and coaches, since neither is still here, I think we could all move on. Thanks you for your support.

Light travels faster than sound. This is why Hornet Pride appeared bright until we heard him speak.

tog
10-14-2002, 11:58 AM
hey hornetbandwagonfairweatheronlywhenwewinpride, you sound like a frustrated cheerleader parent, the coaches in caldwell forget more football every day than you have EVER even learned, if you even played, or were you on the pom pom squad? yay lets find fun ways for fans to come support us! the players just want to play their best and win, all the fair weather fans around here will come out of the woodworks after a 4-1 start but then the bashing starts after a tough loss, get a life, go come up with some more cheers that you can make your voice hoarse with, why don't you just stay away? we can get $5 from someone else.

HornetPride
10-14-2002, 01:18 PM
Actually, it was in 94 when we lost to Cuero, 57-20 - but I forgot since I'm not a "real" fan, right? As for cheers, it might be time someone else in the stands woke up and breathed. Can you say "funeral?"

CHS_Grad '85
10-14-2002, 01:27 PM
HornetPride:
Actually, it was in 94 when we lost to Cuero, 57-20 - but I forgot since I'm not a "real" fan, right? As for cheers, it might be time someone else in the stands woke up and breathed. Can you say "funeral?"Yes, '94 was that last time but Caldwell also made an appearance in '84. Both times they made it to Area-the second round.

What is this about a 'funeral'... if you are referring to the band... then I suggest sitting closer to them... those kids are making some major noise... and with the exception of Cameron-it has been a funeral--for the other team!!!

Go Hornets!!!

tog
10-14-2002, 03:10 PM
why are you hating on the kids for the fans being quiet as a funeral, what do we have to do with it, they don't even seem to know what down it is, if it is a crucial one, or anything, the players just play, the fans can come and go, but the game and the struggle that the players go through to win is not for the fans, it is for the team, i am fighting hard for the guy next to me, because i know he is fighting just as hard for me,, we appreciate the band, cheerleaders, and all the other groups that participate in the friday night football experience, but when we are on the field, it is those that have shed the blood sweat and tears to get where we are now that we are playing for, so if you don't like the outcome, or how hard we play, or how stupid you think our great coaches are, then you just need to stay home, i am through messing with you

HornetPride
10-14-2002, 03:38 PM
Look guy, the band doesn't mean THAT much to me or anyone else, but all's I'm saying is play 4 quarters and don't let trailing by less than nine points get you down. From a coaching standpoint, your rushing team is a solid one so I just think you should keep it on the ground vs. Rockdale and pass only when you are deeper in their territory. Gilbert, Richmond and several others are talented running backs. If we kept it a ground game and prevented turnovers, I'll bet you could win - plus get your kicker prepared for some FG's. I know it seems I'm overreacting, but you must understand that there are many opportunities Cameron was GIVEN because of poor concentration and lack of focus. We have the one of the best defenses in the region yet we gave up 34 points to Liberty Hill and 35 to Cameron in the second halves. You do the math. Meanwhile, good luck. I know a good team when I see one and Caldwell has a lot more potential than you guys realize. No time like the present. Get after it.

konstance_latrice_04
10-14-2002, 04:23 PM
whats with all of this put down stuff??? i dont know but why yall hatin on Cameron???? Billy aint gonna fail, and wait until Tra Wilcox, and Ramon Rodriguez get back in the games. Oh but you better watch yo back cause Tyrone Miller is back in action. Yea aint that name a surprise and a scare, yall all know that Cameron Yoeman is a good squad young, but Caldwell Hornets how does 35-14 sound????????? It sounded really nice to me and so did the band. I mean they are a first division band and look how big the hornets band thought they were. The band only looked big out there on the field because of the Honeybees, and they wasnt all dat. I wish i could just hear someone say something about Cameron while im there cause ima get so kronk. Listen to this and make sure you remember what i am about to tell you: "Hataz hate to see stars shine" and Billy, ROderick, Ross, Ramon, Tra, WIlliam, Kevin, Jacob, Tyrone, Lamondre, Issac, Bacilio, Kyle, Jay, and the rest of the `03 seniors make this a year to remember all the way to state. Oh and i am a member of the award winning C.H. Yoe High Marching Band and Caldwell can't even compare themselves to us!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 :D :p :mad: eek! :cool:

HornetPride
10-14-2002, 04:38 PM
Konstance (typical spelling):
You mean your already 15 and you haven't had any babies yet? Come on - get with the program!

cameron crazy
10-14-2002, 09:29 PM
You say that all we have is Billy Pittman and Ross Watson? What about Roderick Knight, 2 (should be 3 but the ref couldnt see worth a ****) ints. Ryan Mullins, sophomore who picked off ur QB, and was in on tackles all night. TYRONE MILLER, he wrecked yall pretty bad for his 1ST game of the season. Damn, even Barret Evan and Ryan Miller, 2 sophs who were playin in their first V-squad game ever did good against yall and were in on many tackles. Jay Walthall, sure hes havin a lil trouble catchin passes now, but just wait until his nerves calm down after he gets more playing time, he will be awesome. Shane Taylor, another soph player ran all over yalls defense. What else can i say? It looks like Ross ad Billy arent all we have after all.

cameron crazy
10-14-2002, 09:30 PM
You say that all we have is Billy Pittman and Ross Watson? What about Roderick Knight, 2 (should be 3 but the ref couldnt see worth a ****) ints. Ryan Mullins, sophomore who picked off ur QB, and was in on tackles all night. TYRONE MILLER, he wrecked yall pretty bad for his 1ST game of the season. Damn, even Barret Evan and Ryan Miller, 2 sophs who were playin in their first V-squad game ever did good against yall and were in on many tackles. Jay Walthall, sure hes havin a lil trouble catchin passes now, but just wait until his nerves calm down after he gets more playing time, he will be awesome. Shane Taylor, another soph player ran all over yalls defense. What else can i say? It looks like Ross ad Billy arent all we have after all.

cameron crazy
10-14-2002, 09:31 PM

tog
10-14-2002, 10:11 PM
i noticed how oye has a TEAM, yes you have a sensational player in billy, but the rest of the team is pretty good too, good luck the rest of the year, notice how being a good sport has been drilled into us by our coaches, do not listen to these "fans" hating on oye, "Konstance (typical spelling): You mean your already 15 and you haven't had any babies yet? Come on - get with the program!" real class there hornetbandwagonfairweatheronlywhenwewinpride,, you sure do represent c-town well! i hope you notice the sarcasm here, because i am laying it on kinda thick,,,,
we have much respect for oye, you won, good job, we will not give up, we will play every game to the best of our abilities, those that don't realize it can just stay at home, and complain in the morning at dks, and other hotspots of coach/player bashing around town

HornetPride
10-15-2002, 10:13 AM
Yes, CameronCrazy, everyone in Caldwell has always been insanely jealous of you guys. We go to bed every night asking the Lord to forgive us for scoring twice on you. Can you EVER see past it? God Bless.........