PDA

View Full Version : 2 children found in home with piles of trash, feces

kaorder1999
05-07-2008, 09:20 AM
2 children found in home with piles of trash, feces

09:17 AM CDT on Wednesday, May 7, 2008
By EMILY TSAO / The Dallas Morning News

A 2-year-old girl and 5-year-old boy were in state custody this week after officers found them in a boarded up home surrounded by molded trash heaps, broken glass and a toilet filled with feces, according to Dallas police.

The home, which had no power or water since 2002, was located in the 3500 block of Holmes Street, according to a Dallas police report.

The barefoot children were found sitting on a soiled mattress in a back room Monday evening. Broken glass and razor blades were found in the home. A pistol was found on a window ledge near the children, said Dallas police Senior Cpl. Kevin Janse.

The conditions in the home were “deplorable,” he said.

As police investigated, the children’s father returned home. Gregory Amphy, 22, faces charges of two counts of child endangerment, theft of a stolen vehicle, possession of marijuana and resisting arrest or search, Senior Cpl. Janse said.

It was unknown where the children’s mother was. It was also unclear whether Mr. Amphy had any legal rights to live in the home. Police said the house address was listed on his driver’s license.

pirate4state
05-07-2008, 09:30 AM
:dispntd: :bigcry: :dispntd:

just terrible

I hope someone who really WANTS kids can give these two a good home!

People like Greogry make me sick!! :mad:

kaorder1999
05-07-2008, 09:32 AM
very sad situation indeed.....

Ranger Mom
05-07-2008, 10:30 AM
That is sad!

I heard on Nancy Grace last night that a man was dumping some of his yard clippings in a dumpster when he heard crying.

Digging in the dumpster under leaves, branches and debris, he found a newborn baby boy, umbilical cord and placenta all still attached!!

Thank God he was there, the baby was saved and reported to be doing fine!!

kaorder1999
05-07-2008, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
That is sad!

I heard on Nancy Grace last night that a man was dumping some of his yard clippings in a dumpster when he heard crying.

Digging in the dumpster under leaves, branches and debris, he found a newborn baby boy, umbilical cord and placenta all still attached!!

Thank God he was there, the baby was saved and reported to be doing fine!!
that is unbelievable....when I find an abandoned puppy it breaks my heart...i couldnt imagine finding an abandoned new born baby

kaorder1999
05-07-2008, 02:09 PM
Here is the father....22 years old!

http://www.wfaa.com/sharedcontent/dws/img/wfaa/05-08/0507_amphy200.jpg