05-06-2008, 08:44 PM
How do you get from Midland to Austin?

Ranger Mom
05-06-2008, 08:48 PM
Originally posted by kepdawg
How do you get from Midland to Austin?

We drive!!!!

:D :D :D

Usually we go to San Angelo, Brady, Llano, Bees Cave and hit I-35...but I-35 is always SO PACKED!!

I think we are gonna turn off in Llano and go to Burnet, Liberty Hill and into Austin this time.

But....since we are leaving at 3:00 AM, it probably won't matter which we go.

kepdawg
05-06-2008, 09:12 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
We drive!!!!

:D :D :D

Usually we go to San Angelo, Brady, Llano, Bees Cave and hit I-35...but I-35 is always SO PACKED!!

I think we are gonna turn off in Llano and go to Burnet, Liberty Hill and into Austin this time.

But....since we are leaving at 3:00 AM, it probably won't matter which we go.

Yeah, it seems a little too far to walk.

Driving around San Angelo in the middle of the night is no fun!

Ranger Mom
05-06-2008, 09:29 PM
Yeah, it seems a little too far to walk.

Driving around San Angelo in the middle of the night is no fun!

We should hit there around 4:30.......hmmm, I wonder if Grandy's will be serving breakfast??

I miss Grandy's....they had the best fake chicken fry!!

kepdawg
05-06-2008, 09:31 PM
We should hit there around 4:30.......hmmm, I wonder if Grandy's will be serving breakfast??

I miss Grandy's....they had the best fake chicken fry!!

I think that's about the time I was getting there. Coming down from Abilene that road was scary!

Ranger Mom
05-06-2008, 09:33 PM
I think that's about the time I was getting there. Coming down from Abilene that road was scary!

I wouldn't even know how to get there from Abilene.

We hit Hwy 80 in Sterling City and it's a straight shot all they way through to Brady.

Must remember to tell whoever is driving to make SURE to be going the speed limit in and around Eden!

kepdawg
05-06-2008, 09:35 PM
I wouldn't even know how to get there from Abilene.

We hit Hwy 80 in Sterling City and it's a straight shot all they way through to Brady.

Must remember to tell whoever is driving to make SURE to be going the speed limit in and around Eden!

I don't remember which road I took but it was real windy and real dark!

Scary times indeed!

Ranger Mom
05-06-2008, 09:37 PM
I don't remember which road I took but it was real windy and real dark!

Scary times indeed!

That sounds like the same road that Jason probably took when he came to watch Sweetwater kill us a couple of years ago.

I guess the road from Stephenville would have probably been the same one you took!

kepdawg
05-06-2008, 09:42 PM
That sounds like the same road that Jason probably took when he came to watch Sweetwater kill us a couple of years ago.

I guess the road from Stephenville would have probably been the same one you took!

I don't think it'd be the same road, but most of the roads out there are probably all the same anyway! I think I almost hit a dozen deer that night!

Ranger Mom
05-06-2008, 09:48 PM
I don't think it'd be the same road, but most of the roads out there are probably all the same anyway! I think I almost hit a dozen deer that night!

You're right...I just looked at the map! You probably came in down 277.

Funny....it didn't look scary on the map at all...and I didn't see a single deer!:p

kepdawg
05-06-2008, 09:50 PM
You're right...I just looked at the map! You probably came in down 277.

Funny....it didn't look scary on the map at all...and I didn't see a single deer!:p

I think you can only see them at night! Yeah, I didn't remember the road looking nearly as windy on a map! Luckily there wasn't much traffic.

Ranger Mom
05-06-2008, 09:51 PM
I think you can only see them at night! Yeah, I didn't remember the road looking nearly as windy on a map! Luckily there wasn't much traffic.

Must not be a very traveled road...I didn't see ANY traffic on the map!!:p

kepdawg
05-06-2008, 09:53 PM
Must not be a very traveled road...I didn't see ANY traffic on the map!!:p

Well, I'm not sure I saw another car between Abilene and San Angelo. Since I'm not on it right now it's possible there's nobody on that road!