PDA

View Full Version : American Idol

kepdawg
05-06-2008, 08:33 PM
I think they owe the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame an apology.

PHS Wildcats
05-06-2008, 08:36 PM
and America:D

Lion_Addict
05-06-2008, 08:37 PM
Originally posted by kepdawg
I think they owe the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame an apology.

Agreed. They all were YUCK! :thmbdwn:

Ranger Mom
05-06-2008, 08:39 PM
I was less than impressed myself!!

Out of the top 4, Jason Castro has always been my favorite...but even I cringed a few times tonight!!

Adidas410s
05-06-2008, 08:47 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
I was less than impressed myself!!

Out of the top 4, Jason Castro has always been my favorite...but even I cringed a few times tonight!!

The look of horror on Simon's face during Jason's first song was priceless. His comments weren't much better...heck even Paula said she didn't like the performance.

Lion_Addict
05-06-2008, 09:03 PM
It was brought up in another thread questioning if the show may be taped instead of Live. My wife watches the "Dancing with the Stars" show and they had Rascal Flats performing. It is supposed to be live. On "American Idol" Rascal Flats was in the audience. Hmmmmm. I thought "Idol" was supposed to be live too, right? Just curious. Any thoughts?

Ranger Mom
05-06-2008, 09:05 PM
Originally posted by Lion_Addict
It was brought up in another thread questioning if the show may be taped instead of Live. My wife watches the "Dancing with the Stars" show and they had Rascal Flats performing. It is supposed to be live. On "American Idol" Rascal Flats was in the audience. Hmmmmm. I thought "Idol" was supposed to be live too, right? Just curious. Any thoughts?

I was flipping through the channels and thought that was Rascal Flatts!!

Hmmmmm

Gotta go check out the AI boards and see what they say!

Ranger Mom
05-06-2008, 09:16 PM
Okay.....after much research (all of 3 minutes).....the reason, that I am reading, is that the studios are right next to each other, they were on about half of each show, and they are wearing the same exact clothes on both shows.

ASUFrisbeeStud
05-06-2008, 09:41 PM
I thought the David's did alright, but Seyesha and Jason were awful.

Ranger Mom
05-06-2008, 09:43 PM
Originally posted by ASUFrisbeeStud
I thought the David's did alright, but Seyesha and Jason were awful.

I thought Syesha was good, and she is probably my least favorite.

I wasn't impressed with David Cook for some reason.

I like Jason, and I didn't think he did THAT bad on the Bob Marley song....but forgetting your lyrics at this stage of the game is a big NO NO!

I think David Archuleta was my favorite tonight...but I love both the songs he sang anyway!

Lion_Addict
05-07-2008, 07:21 AM
Okay.....after much research (all of 3 minutes).....the reason, that I am reading, is that the studios are right next to each other, they were on about half of each show, and they are wearing the same exact clothes on both shows.

Thanks for the explanation "Mom". Dang, and I thought I had done went and discovered something controversial :(

Crow22
05-07-2008, 08:53 AM
I'm sorry but I thought Syesha was fantastic. I don't get why people don't like her. She can really sing and has incredible looks to go with it.

David Cook was ok on the 1st song and incredible on the second. Not sure what you people heard when you said he wasn't good.

Archuleta can sing. Period. But he gets on my nerves with his 4 year old sheepish-ness.

Pot-head Castro was horrible. I think he was high when he decided on a school of choice. Didn't see the "A&M" on the end of Texas. Pretty sure he thought he was ending up on the 40 acres.

kaorder1999
05-07-2008, 08:57 AM
Originally posted by Crow22

Pot-head Castro was horrible. I think he was high when he decided on a school of choice.

he is far from being a Pot Head. Have met the guy a few times and he is a good, Christian guy.

Ranger Mom
05-07-2008, 09:01 AM
I'm sorry but I thought Syesha was fantastic. I don't get why people don't like her. She can really sing and has incredible looks to go with it.

David Cook was ok on the 1st song and incredible on the second. Not sure what you people heard when you said he wasn't good.

Archuleta can sing. Period. But he gets on my nerves with his 4 year old sheepish-ness.

Pot-head Castro was horrible. I think he was high when he decided on a school of choice. Didn't see the "A&M" on the end of Texas. Pretty sure he thought he was ending up on the 40 acres.

I agree with you on Syesha....week after week she has grown on me and I thought she was really good last night. I know this is crazy, but something about her expressions remind me of Carrie Underwood.

I love Rock, but for some reason I didn't enjoy David Cook as much as usual last night.....I thought the background music was much too quiet...at times, his voice was all I heard. Plus, I never really liked either one of the songs he sang.

I think David Archuleta's "sheepishness" is refreshing. He is so humble and only 17....as far as vocals go, I think he and Syesha have the best voices.

Jason Castro...I can't help but like him. I love his laid-back personality and I actually like his simple voice too! Has he admitted to being a pothead, or do you just assume that because he likes Bob Marley? I like Bob Marley too and I am the furthest thing from a "pothead!"

Lion_Addict
05-07-2008, 09:37 AM
I am still pulling for Cook but Syesha has grown on me too. No doubt the girl can sing & she is purty hot, but I wouldn't buy her album cuz it wouldn't be my type of music. I gotta rock out. Think the last 2 standing will be Cook & Archuleta.

crzyjournalist03
05-07-2008, 09:58 AM
Jason Castro...I can't help but like him. I love his laid-back personality and I actually like his simple voice too! Has he admitted to being a pothead, or do you just assume that because he likes Bob Marley? I like Bob Marley too and I am the furthest thing from a "pothead!"

My wife sometimes watches the aftershows on Fox Reality, and Jason always is doing and saying weird things and looking stoned...not saying he's a pothead, but his actions definitely resemble one...he's always saying things like "Whoa dude! My hand...it moves so slow...check it out...Dude!"

Crow22
05-07-2008, 10:11 AM
Originally posted by kaorder1999
he is far from being a Pot Head. Have met the guy a few times and he is a good, Christian guy.

Well, he might be but he sure does like to give off the impression that he's high as a kite. Plus, the dreads....Bob Marley...etc...

If he's not a pot head....he sure makes an effort to look like one...

kaorder1999
05-07-2008, 10:15 AM
just a little about Jason....

BEHIND THE SCENES WITH ROWLETT'S JASON CASTRO

-Member, Aggie Men's Club, a Christian service organization that spent last spring break in Honduras building houses

-He has been on two mission trips with his church to Russia

-When asked by IDOL interviewers, what his goals in life are, he responded, "To be a loving father, faithful husband, and servant of all."

-Earlier in the Idol season, Jason was asked about his faith by a few of the contestants and therefore gave birth to a Bible Study among them

-When he auditioned for IDOL last August, he had only sung 5 times inpublic.

Crow22
05-07-2008, 10:26 AM

-Member, Aggie Men's Club, a Christian service organization that spent last spring break in Honduras building houses

-When asked by IDOL interviewers, what his goals in life are, he responded, "To be a loving father, faithful husband, and servant of all."

-Earlier in the Idol season, Jason was asked about his faith by a few of the contestants and therefore gave birth to a Bible Study among them

That's cool. I'm just saying for somebody who's NOT a pot-head, he tries really hard to fit in with that group. Bob Marley has a few followers that like the ganja.

Ranger Mom
05-07-2008, 10:28 AM

People can be so judgmental when it comes to looks or appearance....I should know, Carly Smithson turned me off with her big ole ugly tattoo!!:D

I think some people are just naturally that laid-back!

I won't be a bit surprised if he goes tonight, but I won't be surprised if he stays either....he probably has the biggest fan base!!

kaorder1999
05-07-2008, 10:31 AM
I think he is ready to go home according to his friends in Rowlett. If he survives tonight, there will be a concert in Rockwall with the Fox camera crew and a parade on Friday. If he doesnt survive tonight, they still might put on the mini-concert, just without the Fox Crew.

kaorder1999
05-07-2008, 10:33 AM
That's cool. I'm just saying for somebody who's NOT a pot-head, he tries really hard to fit in with that group. Bob Marley has a few followers that like the ganja.
i understand....you arent the only one who thinks he's a pothead cause of his appearance!

Ranger Mom
05-07-2008, 10:34 AM
I think he is ready to go home according to his friends in Rowlett. If he survives tonight, there will be a concert in Rockwall with the Fox camera crew and a parade on Friday. If he doesnt survive tonight, they still might put on the mini-concert, just without the Fox Crew.

Hollyweird may just be too cut throat for him!!

kaorder1999
05-07-2008, 10:38 AM
yeah...probably so. Making it as far as he has, im guessing the record deal will not be hard to get!!

kepdawg
05-07-2008, 10:41 AM
Yeah, Castro is ready to leave.

LINK (http://tvblog.guidelive.com/archives/2008/05/idol-jason-castro-kind-of-read.html)

kaorder1999
05-07-2008, 10:42 AM
i just cant imagine the crap they have to deal with on a daily basis! Im sure it gets old pretty quick!

kepdawg
05-07-2008, 10:46 AM
i just cant imagine the crap they have to deal with on a daily basis! Im sure it gets old pretty quick!

I'm sure it's nothing compared to dealing with college coaches all day! ;)

kaorder1999
05-07-2008, 10:47 AM
Originally posted by kepdawg
I'm sure it's nothing compared to dealing with college coaches all day! ;)
thats a great point!!!!

ASUFrisbeeStud
05-07-2008, 10:47 AM

That doesn't mean he's not a pothead.

kepdawg
05-07-2008, 10:50 AM

That is true and I do not mean to imply anything one way or another. Now can we drop this topic before we end up with another thread closed? ;) :(

kaorder1999
05-07-2008, 10:56 AM

your thoughtful insight is appreciated! :rolleyes:

Ranger Mom
05-07-2008, 11:05 AM

Doesn't mean he is either....what a silly argument!!:dispntd:

Lion_Addict
05-07-2008, 11:19 AM
I could care less what he is except for GONE tonight. Sorry, he is my least favorite.

Ranger Mom
05-07-2008, 11:22 AM
I am actually surprised so many people admit to watching it this season. In the past it's usually been me and CHG-CG talking about it and others making fun of us for watching it!:p

kaorder1999
05-07-2008, 11:26 AM
you are right. I watch it from time to time but dont sit and watch an entire episode....

Bull19
05-07-2008, 11:28 AM
castro is horrible, not to mention he/she looks like a freaking idiot.

Lion_Addict
05-07-2008, 11:32 AM
Guess I'll go ahead and admit.....my wife has me addicted to that dag gum "Bachelor" show too. :blush:

Ranger Mom
05-07-2008, 11:43 AM
Guess I'll go ahead and admit.....my wife has me addicted to that dag gum "Bachelor" show too. :blush:

I knew I liked you Brownwood people for some reason!

Lion_Addict
05-07-2008, 11:47 AM
I am a reality show junkie.....:helpme:

DaHop72
05-07-2008, 12:10 PM
I am a reality show junkie.....:helpme: Put the remote down, step away from the television. Now, go outside and hit a golf ball or build birdhouses in your garage or shop.:devil: :devil:

Lion_Addict
05-07-2008, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by DaHop72
Put the remote down, step away from the television. Now, go outside and hit a golf ball or build birdhouses in your garage or shop.:devil: :devil:

Looking at your "Survivor" banner and getting a twitch :twitch: :D

DaHop72
05-07-2008, 12:26 PM
Looking at your "Survivor" banner and getting a twitch :twitch: :D Deep breaths Lion, deep breaths, my signature is from the 3A downlow survivor game not the televison show.:D

footballgal
05-07-2008, 12:45 PM
I thought Syesha was good, and she is probably my least favorite.

I wasn't impressed with David Cook for some reason.

I like Jason, and I didn't think he did THAT bad on the Bob Marley song....but forgetting your lyrics at this stage of the game is a big NO NO!

I think David Archuleta was my favorite tonight...but I love both the songs he sang anyway!

+1

eppy 12
05-07-2008, 03:09 PM
CLAY AIKEN lookin' ready for prison, huh??:clap:
http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l239/eppy12/aiken-full.jpg

DU_stud04
05-07-2008, 03:12 PM
That doesn't mean he's not a pothead. "dope smokin rejects :mad: :mad: :mad: you need to stay away from them all together now y'all hear! they aint got nothing to lose!"

CHS_CG
05-07-2008, 11:00 PM

He was going to be here tomorrow night and preform on the steps of the admin building on campus @ 7pm. I was looking foward to going but now I am just pretty depressed. I feel bad for him because last week all the judges told him that he needs to change up the song and then he did that this week and he got yelled at for messing with song. Poor guy couldnt win with anything he did. I loved his voice and his laid back look. Now I dont know who to pull for. I guess my 2nd favorite would be David Cook, I like the rocker thing he thinks hes got going on lol.

Ranger Mom
05-07-2008, 11:06 PM
Originally posted by CHS_CG
He was going to be here tomorrow night and preform on the steps of the admin building on campus @ 7pm. I was looking foward to going but now I am just pretty depressed. I feel bad for him because last week all the judges told him that he needs to change up the song and then he did that this week and he got yelled at for messing with song. Poor guy couldnt win with anything he did. I loved his voice and his laid back look. Now I dont know who to pull for. I guess my 2nd favorite would be David Cook, I like the rocker thing he thinks hes got going on lol.

I won't be as anal as some of those people that swear they won't ever watch again when their favorite gets voted off.....but at this point, I really don't care who wins.

Jason got his publicity and it will only benefit him from here on out!!

Lion_Addict
05-08-2008, 07:29 AM
Well, the way Seacrest talked last night there was a 1 million vote distance from the 3rd place singer (Syesha) to the top. That was out of 51 million votes. I guess that is closer than I figured but it is still gonna be too much for her to overcome it being "David vs. David" in the final. Cook wins it in a close one....at least that's what I'm hoping.