PDA

View Full Version : Bobo wants out of LSU, eyes UCLA

kepdawg
05-06-2008, 03:57 PM
South Oak Cliff star asks out of LSU

01:01 PM CDT on Tuesday, May 6, 2008

By DAMON L. SAYLES / The Dallas Morning News
dsayles@dallasnews.com

South Oak Cliff senior center J'mison Morgan on Monday confirmed that he has asked for his release from LSU.

Morgan (6-11, 255) said he submitted the release papers to LSU on Sunday and is considering attending UCLA in the fall.

"It was a real hard decision for me," said Morgan, an all-state center. "My comfort level was at LSU, but I felt like UCLA was a better fit for me as far as exposure."

Morgan said he hopes to hear back from LSU by the end of the week and will make his college decision after receiving the official release.

Morgan signed a national letter of intent with LSU in November, but John Brady was fired as LSU's head coach in early February. Morgan originally said he planned to stay at LSU.

LSU assistant coach Butch Pierre was one of the names considered to replace Brady. Former Stanford coach Trent Johnson, however, got the job, which led Morgan to contemplate his release.

"I felt like I had a better bond with Coach Pierre," Morgan said. "Coach Johnson is a good coach, but I didn't feel all that comfortable with him. I just didn't want to go into a newer situation."

Morgan averaged 13.5 points, 11 rebounds and four blocked shots for SOC and was a first-team all-area selection last season.

LINK (http://www.hsgametime.com/dfw/sharedcontent/dws/content/topstories/stories/050608dnsporecruit.3c8b653.html)

g$$
05-06-2008, 04:51 PM
He is a hs senior who has signed with LSU right? Then he will get his release from NCAA. Incoming recruits are protected while current players are not if head coach leaves. One of the unfair loopholes in the NCAA transfer process. You should sign with a school NOT the current coach, but that is not always realistic. Guess he doesn't want to play for ex-Stanford coach Trent Johnson.

Pmoney
05-06-2008, 07:23 PM
Originally posted by g$$
He is a hs senior who has signed with LSU right? Then he will get his release from NCAA. Incoming recruits are protected while current players are not if head coach leaves. One of the unfair loopholes in the NCAA transfer process. You should sign with a school NOT the current coach, but that is not always realistic. Guess he doesn't want to play for ex-Stanford coach Trent Johnson.
well i understand your reasoning why this is unfair...but i can understand signing to play for a team because of a certain coach because some player like Vince Young or Mike Vick wouldnt want a coach to leave and another coach like June Jones who runs a pass happy offense

g$$
05-06-2008, 07:51 PM
Originally posted by Pmoney
well i understand your reasoning why this is unfair...but i can understand signing to play for a team because of a certain coach because some player like Vince Young or Mike Vick wouldnt want a coach to leave and another coach like June Jones who runs a pass happy offense

Unfair to current players on roster. They more than likely signed with that same coach too. Only incoming kids are protected. Current players could transfer but would have to sit out a year if going D1-A to D1-A.