PDA

View Full Version : Would you rather not make it to state in Football, compared to

Fotbol
05-06-2008, 08:16 AM
Making it to state and Losing in the championship game.

I'd rather not make it the Championship, if we're not going to win, but that's just me. I feel the loss in the Champisonship game, hurts more than losing before the Big Game.

Old Tiger
05-06-2008, 08:18 AM
if you never make it how will you know if you can win or not? ;)

Fotbol
05-06-2008, 08:18 AM
Originally posted by Go Blue
if you never make it how will you know if you can win or not? ;)
Don't want to know!

garciap77
05-06-2008, 08:21 AM
I would rather make it to state and not win, than not make it at all!

pancho villa
05-06-2008, 08:23 AM
Happened to me twice in high school!

Ranger Mom
05-06-2008, 08:55 AM
Originally posted by Fotbol
Making it to state and Losing in the championship game.

I'd rather not make it the Championship, if we're not going to win, but that's just me. I feel the loss in the Champisonship game, hurts more than losing before the Big Game.

We went undefeated in 2002 up to the Big game, where we lost in double overtime by a field goal....what a ride that was!!

At least we can say we have been there!!

I would think making it to the semi-finals only to be beat would be harder!!

kepdawg
05-06-2008, 09:00 AM
If the season ends in a loss I prefer it not be in the championship game.

LH810
05-06-2008, 09:06 AM
or you could just win two :evil:

charlesrixey
05-06-2008, 09:07 AM
i've experienced a lot of championship games

as a fan, any time you make it to the championship game is good

i would much rather lose in the title game; whether it is your first game (or ninth (i was there for 5 and listened to 3 more--dang military!)

any state finalist is still a darn good group of kids to be very proud of, even if a loss can hurt badly

kaorder1999
05-06-2008, 09:08 AM
would MUCH rather make it and lose then not make it at all!

Ranger Mom
05-06-2008, 09:08 AM
Having been there and knowing how it hurt....I would think being just one game away and losing would hurt worse.....just my opinion!!!

kepdawg
05-06-2008, 09:09 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Having been there and knowing how it hurt....I would think being just one game away and losing would hurt worse.....just my opinion!!!

Losing in the semis wasn't near as bad as losing state to me.

Ranger Mom
05-06-2008, 09:15 AM
Originally posted by kepdawg
Losing in the semis wasn't near as bad as losing state to me.

Well...all I can do is guess. We have only been that far once, so I have no frame of reference!!!

kepdawg
05-06-2008, 09:17 AM
Well...all I can do is guess. We have only been that far once, so I have no frame of reference!!!

Well, I've only seen two semi's losses and four championship losses. :(

pirate4state
05-06-2008, 09:22 AM
Originally posted by kaorder1999
would MUCH rather make it and lose then not make it at all! same

Old Dog
05-06-2008, 10:38 AM
Burnet has been down that road three times, and we all loved it every time...............of course it hurt not to win (as for me, mostly for the kids)!

injuredinmelee
05-06-2008, 11:17 AM
We went undefeated in 2002 up to the Big game, where we lost in double overtime by a field goal....what a ride that was!!

please see this thread concerning the use of the term "WE" when referring to the Greenwood Rangers:

WE or Not WE (http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=81887)

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
05-06-2008, 12:11 PM
A loss is a loss, and I would rather it be on the biggest stage of the season after playing 16 games than on a trivial district game that highlights the end of the season for you.

Ranger Mom
05-06-2008, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
please see this thread concerning the use of the term "WE" when referring to the Greenwood Rangers:

WE or Not WE (http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=81887)

As you can see from that thread...I always use "we".......if someone doesn't like it "we" don't really care. :D

zebrablue2
05-06-2008, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
A loss is a loss, and I would rather it be on the biggest stage of the season after playing 16 games than on a trivial district game that highlights the end of the season for you.

:iagree:-- well put..

waterboy
05-06-2008, 03:06 PM
I would MUCH rather get to the big dance and lose than to not have ever had the chance. Take it from me, it NEVER easy to lose, and the closer you get to winning it all the harder the loss is, no matter what sport. Take it from me, I would know.:( :weeping:

Okay, I'm all better now.:D

waterboy
05-06-2008, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by LH810
or you could just win two :evil:
:mad: Ouch!:mad:

:mad: This thread is only for us experienced losers..........uh, I mean us people who've actually felt the pain of losing it all! You need to stick to the threads you know something about!:D

Necks_Fan
05-06-2008, 04:02 PM
We (Columbia) lost at A&M to Robinson in 07. I am not totally sure if it was qtr or semi but it hurt pretty dang bad regardless.

nobogey72
05-07-2008, 07:22 AM
Originally posted by kepdawg
If the season ends in a loss I prefer it not be in the championship game.

Only 1 team's season DOESN'T end in a loss, unless you don't make the playoffs.:thinking:

g$$
05-07-2008, 07:41 AM

Lost in football semifinals my senior year (& choked too). It hurt to lose & still does to this day. Luckily, I got a championship ring in basketball so that helped.

However far your team goes, enjoy the journey.

garciap77
05-07-2008, 08:04 AM
As you can see from that thread...I always use "we".......if someone doesn't like it "we" don't really care. :D

If they don't like, it's because there are sissy! And they only use "WE" when they win!;) ;) ;)

PHS Wildcats
05-07-2008, 08:09 PM
Yea, I won a National Championship in Football, but I wish I had the chance to play in a State Title game:(

Necks_Fan
05-07-2008, 08:23 PM
Originally posted by PHS Wildcats
Yea, I won a National Championship in Football, but I wish I had the chance to play in a State Title game:( Well, you are just so deprived.
:confused:

lostaussie
05-07-2008, 08:26 PM
Originally posted by g$$
However far your team goes, enjoy the journey. that's what it is all about..........whether 1 round or 6 rounds..................enjoy the journey. enjoy the kids and enjoy the game. i think the last few years that is what i have learned the most..............enjoy the game. the night i finally realized that we lost 61-58 to Canton............that is the night i found a part of my inner self. i walked away saying "i can't believe what i just saw" and that has since stuck with me. i don't get near as upset about a loss anymore.

PHS Wildcats
05-07-2008, 08:39 PM
Originally posted by Necks_Fan
Well, you are just so deprived.
:confused:

not sure what you meant by that:confused: , but I just stating that I would have rather play in a State Title game, only becuase it means more and it for the community and town ans for playing in a National game is basically for the school and alum