PDA

View Full Version : Dear Ranger Mom

Old Tiger
05-05-2008, 08:01 PM
I'm going to have to ask you to stop killing rattlesnakes. You are messing up an entire ecosystem by killing of the the snake. For future reference you should call someone to come in and catch the snake then place it safely in the wild away from your house.

It is just inhumane to chop a snakes head off.

Stownhorse
05-05-2008, 08:02 PM
Originally posted by Go Blue
I'm going to have to ask you to stop killing rattlesnakes. You are messing up an entire ecosystem by killing of the the snake. For future reference you should call someone to come in and catch the snake then place it safely in the wild away from your house.

you can catch them and get $5 a pound at the redneck round up, I mean rattlesnake. haha

Ranger Mom
05-05-2008, 08:02 PM

Believe me, if my husband would let me, I would take them somewhere else!!

BTW...he chopped the head off, I was just the photographer!

Old Tiger
05-05-2008, 08:04 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Believe me, if my husband would let me, I would take them somewhere else!!

BTW...he chopped the head off, I was just the photographer! You are just as guilty as he is. oh the humanity! :(

Ranger Mom
05-05-2008, 08:06 PM
You are just as guilty as he is. oh the humanity! :(

Oh well....around my house, rattlesnakes, black widows, brown recluses, ticks, mosquitoes, ants and flies all die!!

So sue me!

Old Tiger
05-05-2008, 08:08 PM
Oh well....around my house, rattlesnakes, black widows, brown recluses, ticks, mosquitoes, ants and flies all die!!

So sue me! :eek: From a person who thinks a horse whip is inhumane?:eek:

LH Panther Mom
05-05-2008, 08:09 PM
:eek: From a person who thinks a horse whip is inhumane?:eek:
Let someone get one after you! Hmmmmm...... :thinking: :thinking:

Old Tiger
05-05-2008, 08:13 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Let someone get one after you! Hmmmmm...... :thinking: :thinking: Trust me it's happened. ;)

carter08
05-05-2008, 08:23 PM
Peta.

Ranger Mom
05-05-2008, 08:28 PM
:eek: From a person who thinks a horse whip is inhumane?:eek:

Exactly!!

I never said a horse whip was inhumane....I DO think whipping a horse to make it run faster is though!!

jimmyceatworld
05-05-2008, 09:49 PM
Exactly!!

I never said a horse whip was inhumane....I DO think whipping a horse to make it run faster is though!!

horses aren't humans silly

Ranger Mom
05-05-2008, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by jimmyceatworld
horses aren't humans silly

I don't think I ever said they were.

Inhumane means: NOT HUMANE

Humane means:

1. showing kindness and sympathy
2. inflicting as little pain as possible

I don't think the "Humane Society" has anything to do with humans either!!!

jimmyceatworld
05-05-2008, 10:19 PM
I don't think I ever said they were.

Inhumane means: NOT HUMANE

Humane means:

1. showing kindness and sympathy
2. inflicting as little pain as possible

I don't think the "Humane Society" has anything to do with humans either!!!

IT WAS A JOKE :mad: :mad: :mad:

I really just wanted someone to try to say something clever like it's inhormane

Ranger Mom
05-05-2008, 10:21 PM
Originally posted by jimmyceatworld
IT WAS A JOKE :mad: :mad: :mad:

I really just wanted someone to try to say something clever like it's inhormane

Inhormane.....like as in horse??:confused: :confused:

You didn't have to yell at me, I was just explaining what inhumane meant!!:( :(

jimmyceatworld
05-05-2008, 10:26 PM
Inhormane.....like as in horse??:confused: :confused:

You didn't have to yell at me, I was just explaining what inhumane meant!!:( :(

Yes (not as funny as I thought it would be)

I was just being stupid. Didn't mean to yell so loud.

I know what inhumane means. I'm kind of a big deal ;)

CenTexSports
05-06-2008, 08:10 AM
I disagree with the definition that was posted. From Webster:

inhumane
One entry found.

inhumane[adjective]

Entry Word: inhumane
Function: adjective
Text:
1 having or showing a lack of sympathy or tender feelings <inhumane wardens who regularly ignored the crying children in their care> — see hard 1
2 having or showing the desire to inflict severe pain and suffering on others <an inhumane dictator who tortured and murdered thousands of his own people> — see cruel 1

I looked it up in a couple of places and all of them show it as a treatment of other (humans). The problems arise because there are people that want animals to get as good or better treatment than people. Can you see us having hospitals for all animals that have intensive care for newborns? No way. So the problem is where to draw the line and people will never agree on this point. Having grown up on a farm, I am less sensitive than a lot of people. There is plenty of suffering in the human form to concern everybody. Why concern yourself with whether a horse feels pain when being whipped down the stretch of a race when a hundred kids died of starvation around the world during the Kentucky Derby Festivities.

Ranger Mom
05-06-2008, 08:46 AM
Originally posted by CenTexSports
I disagree with the definition that was posted. From Webster:

inhumane
One entry found.

inhumane[adjective]

Entry Word: inhumane
Function: adjective
Text:
1 having or showing a lack of sympathy or tender feelings <inhumane wardens who regularly ignored the crying children in their care> — see hard 1
2 having or showing the desire to inflict severe pain and suffering on others <an inhumane dictator who tortured and murdered thousands of his own people> — see cruel 1

I looked it up in a couple of places and all of them show it as a treatment of other (humans). The problems arise because there are people that want animals to get as good or better treatment than people. Can you see us having hospitals for all animals that have intensive care for newborns? No way. So the problem is where to draw the line and people will never agree on this point. Having grown up on a farm, I am less sensitive than a lot of people. There is plenty of suffering in the human form to concern everybody. Why concern yourself with whether a horse feels pain when being whipped down the stretch of a race when a hundred kids died of starvation around the world during the Kentucky Derby Festivities.

I have the capacity to be concerned with both. Don't for a second think that because I feel sorry for those animals, which in my opinion, are being abused...that I don't care about the human race.:rolleyes:

It's not like I am out picketing or sending letters to my congressman.....AND I do donate monthly to a child aid organization.....so THERE!!:tongue: :tongue:

Old Tiger
05-06-2008, 08:47 AM
I have the capacity to be concerned with both. Don't for a second think that because I feel sorry for those animals, which in my opinion, are being abused...that I don't care about the human race.:rolleyes:

It's not like I am out picketing or sending letters to my congressman.....AND I do donate monthly to a child aid organization.....so THERE!!:tongue: :tongue:

If you really want to see horse abuse go down to the valley/mexico and see how they treat their horses.

Second part.....seriously?

ronwx5x
05-06-2008, 08:49 AM
If you really want to see horse abuse go down to the valley/mexico and see how they treat their horses.

When did she say she wanted to see horse abuse? I must have missed it.

Ranger Mom
05-06-2008, 08:57 AM

I can feel sorry for something and not be a huge advocate to the cause....GEEZ....y'all take everything so darn literal on here!!:doh:

As to the second part....Yeah, is that okay with you??

Old Tiger
05-06-2008, 08:58 AM
I can feel sorry for something and not be a huge advocate to the cause....GEEZ....y'all take everything so darn literal on here!!:doh:

As to the second part....Yeah, is that okay with you?? waste of money

Ranger Mom
05-06-2008, 09:01 AM
waste of money

Since you have no idea what I am donating to, you don't know that!!

Old Tiger
05-06-2008, 09:04 AM
Since you have no idea what I am donating to, you don't know that!! is that organization american based or children of another country?

Ranger Mom
05-06-2008, 09:07 AM
is that organization american based or children of another country?

American based....I would rather take care of our own first!!

Old Tiger
05-06-2008, 09:08 AM
American based....I would rather take care of our own first!! okay then that's different. i hate those international feel sorry for this kid cause his country sucks and needs your money fund.

Ranger Mom
05-06-2008, 09:09 AM
okay then that's different. i hate those international feel sorry for this kid cause his country sucks and needs your money fund.

I am SO glad I have your approval....my day is complete!!:)

Old Tiger
05-06-2008, 09:11 AM
I am SO glad I have your approval....my day is complete!!:) now you'll have a chip on your shoulder the rest of the day :D

Ranger Mom
05-06-2008, 09:12 AM
now you'll have a chip on your shoulder the rest of the day :D

I certainly hope not......the pinched nerve in my neck is giving me enough pain in my shoulder and arm as it us....I don't need any additional weight there!!:eek: :eek: