PDA

View Full Version : Region 4 Bi-District Thoughts

Matthew328
11-09-2002, 11:43 PM
I know the least about this region so if my picks are off I have an excuse! LOL

Division I

Burnet vs Somerset: Blowout city....Somerset will be lucky to play Burnet within 20...Burnet by 41

Gonzales vs Wharton: a pretty good matchup here...I think Wharton has a bit too much talent for the Apaches..Wharton by 16

Hondo vs Sinton: see Burnet-Somerset preview..Sinton by 40

Falfurrias vs LaFeria: I learned last year always take district 32 over 31...LaFeria by 17

Division II
Liberty Hill vs Poteet: LH should rebound from the loss nicely...LH by 21

Yoakum vs Edna: pretty good matchup here..Yoakum is the only team to hand LaGrange a loss..when Edna is playing well they are dangerous..QB Japhus Brown is capable of singlehandedly keeping the Cowboys in games...but against a good team like Yoakum Edna will need more than just him...Yoakum by 11

Devine vs CC West Oso: the Warhorses (gotta love that name) were an impressive 8-2 but West Oso is one of the more overshadowed teams in Region 4...namely Sinton...West Oso by 10

Orange Grove vs Raymondville: always take 32 over 31! Raymondville by 8

Bandera vs LaVernia: no one has mentioned LaVernia amoung the region's elite but the Bears have quietly gone unbeaten..Hicks and Bandera seem to be finally at full strength..should be a good one..I am taking LaVernia in a nail bitter by 3..

Cuero vs Rice Consolidated: RC may not be as good as last year but moving to region 4 is a blessing..thier speed and athleticism isn't seen much in R4..Cuero is playing better but these aren't your fathers Gobblers...Rice Consolidated by 14

Cotulla vs Aransass Pass: can you say Tommy Blake? Cotulla will be seeing a LOT of him..AP rolls...by 21

Bishop vs Pt Isabel: The Tarpons start their quest started on the down low to earn repsect for the RGV (just kiddin Tarpon fans..I have a sense of humor!) PI rolls past Bishop...

LHpanther#45
11-10-2002, 01:18 AM
Yoakum has already lost to Edna this year pretty badly.

Other than that it looks good!

SintonFan
11-10-2002, 02:27 AM
Matthew328:
I know the least about this region so if my picks are off I have an excuse! LOL

Division I

Burnet vs Somerset: Blowout city....Somerset will be lucky to play Burnet within 20...Burnet by 41

Gonzales vs Wharton: a pretty good matchup here...I think Wharton has a bit too much talent for the Apaches..Wharton by 16

Hondo vs Sinton: see Burnet-Somerset preview..Sinton by 40

Falfurrias vs LaFeria: I learned last year always take district 32 over 31...LaFeria by 17

Division II
Liberty Hill vs Poteet: LH should rebound from the loss nicely...LH by 21

Yoakum vs Edna: pretty good matchup here..Yoakum is the only team to hand LaGrange a loss..when Edna is playing well they are dangerous..QB Japhus Brown is capable of singlehandedly keeping the Cowboys in games...but against a good team like Yoakum Edna will need more than just him...Yoakum by 11

Devine vs CC West Oso: the Warhorses (gotta love that name) were an impressive 8-2 but West Oso is one of the more overshadowed teams in Region 4...namely Sinton...West Oso by 10

Orange Grove vs Raymondville: always take 32 over 31! Raymondville by 8

Bandera vs LaVernia: no one has mentioned LaVernia amoung the region's elite but the Bears have quietly gone unbeaten..Hicks and Bandera seem to be finally at full strength..should be a good one..I am taking LaVernia in a nail bitter by 3..

Cuero vs Rice Consolidated: RC may not be as good as last year but moving to region 4 is a blessing..thier speed and athleticism isn't seen much in R4..Cuero is playing better but these aren't your fathers Gobblers...Rice Consolidated by 14

Cotulla vs Aransass Pass: can you say Tommy Blake? Cotulla will be seeing a LOT of him..AP rolls...by 21

Bishop vs Pt Isabel: The Tarpons start their quest started on the down low to earn repsect for the RGV (just kiddin Tarpon fans..I have a sense of humor!) PI rolls past Bishop...Matt, I admire your courage. I disagree with a couple(not by much) , but this whole assessment is as good as if you lived in San Antonio! You have a couple friends down here? Good going, administrator... :D

sinfan75
11-10-2002, 08:55 AM
I think the game to watch will be Cuero vs.RC.They played each other early in the year with RC gettin the win.Cuero gonna be lookin for payback on this one.I'll say Cuero by 8 in a mild upset.

htownfbman
11-10-2002, 11:55 PM
i say that there is no way that cuero hangs with rice. Rice was the best team by far that wharton played this year and i think they will do very well in the playoffs.

footballgal
11-11-2002, 12:15 AM
I think your assesment of the region IV is pretty accurate Matthew. I couldn't argue with any of the game analysis, except maybe with the "earn respect for the RGV" :D

BTW
The way I see it, is that PI is trying to earn respect for PI, & not for the entire RGV, that's alot of ground to cover. eek!