PDA

View Full Version : Spurs play Hornets in game 2 tonight!

Phil C
05-05-2008, 10:34 AM
This is a must win for the Spurs because they cannot afford to go down 2 - 0 if they expect to win this series. Let's hope they can pull it out. I think SA will have to win 2 games in New Orleans to advance. It is tough to repeat in the NBA right now. Go Spurs!

crzyjournalist03
05-05-2008, 10:49 AM
Phil, while the NBA may want a Lakers-Celtics Final, I don't think that there's any matchup that they would want less than a New Orleans-Orlando matchup.

Look for the refs to highly favor the Spurs in this series.

Phil C
05-05-2008, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
Phil, while the NBA may want a Lakers-Celtics Final, I don't think that there's any matchup that they would want less than a New Orleans-Orlando matchup.

I don't think so. If the Hornets made the finals the network would have a field day with the human interest story on New Orleans with the hurrican and what. Just like they did with LSU. People would be glued to their tv sets to watch that series if it happened.

BreckTxLonghorn
05-05-2008, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03

But they sure wouldn't mind New Orleans V. Boston. Old versus New Guard. If anything, they don't want the Spurs with their methodical and efficient offense and intense, flop-prevalent defense. I see officiating being pretty even, if only because the Spurs will raise Hell if they get screwed over, and rightfully so.

eagles_victory
05-05-2008, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by Phil C
I don't think so. If the Hornets made the finals the network would have a field day with the human interest story on New Orleans with the hurrican and what. Just like they did with LSU. People would be glued to their tv sets to watch that series if it happened. The league wants the Lakers in the finals. Huge market, major history of the franchise, the leagues MVP and best player. They dont want the Hornets in because they are an upstart out of nowhere team and people who dont follow real closely wont know hardly anything about them and wont watch the games. IMO the league wants a San Antonio LA western conference finals with LA winning. And they want Boston out of the East or possibly Cleveland. Boston and LA bc of all the history. Cleveland bc Kobe vs Lebron the start of a rivalry like Magic and Larry.

Best Possible Matchups for League:

Cleveland vs LA Lakers
LA vs Boston
San Antonio vs Boston (people could possibly tune out though due to precieved boring basketball)

Worst:
Detroit vs San Antonio/Utah/NO
Orlando vs anybody