PDA

View Full Version : Cuero @ Gonzales (YIKES!)

Gobbla2001
10-30-2003, 09:47 AM
This game scares me, we've already clinched a spot in the playoffs but I wanna win all of the games we have left...

Since re-entering our district (and 3A, from 4A) in '98, their record against us is 4-1.... I remember in '98 they finished second to last in district and we went to state, yet they beat us 21-20... I think the problem has been that they view this as more of a rivalry than we do, hopefully we can fix that, but they play us hard and tough no matter what...

ANOTHER thing... IF they win the next two games (which I know they can win next week, just hopefully not this week) and Hallettsville OR Yoakum lose their last two games(which I doubt either will lose this week, but one will lose next week when they play each other) they're (Gonzales) in the playoffs (Which would put Cuero in D2 and Gonzo in D1)... So in trying to make the playoffs, they MUST win tomorrow night against us even though they're counting on Goliad to upset H'Ville and Luling to upset Yoakum...

Not only that, it's hard to get into a game @ Gonzales... Their track is on campus and their football stadium is off-campus, meaning where the track should be, the fans are... That means we can't be as loud as we'd like because the players and coaches can't hear what's going on 3 feet infront of us...

So HOPEFULLY us fans won't yell like crazy when the play is being called in the huddle (for us anyway :D ) and the cheerleaders don't do 'Two-bits' just in time for everyone to stand up and yell when they're in the huddle...

IF this wasn't a rivalry, I'd say Cuero by 14-20, but since it's a rivalry, I'll say Cuero by 7...

Get 'em, Turkeys...

<small>[ October 30, 2003, 08:50 AM: Message edited by: Gobbla2001 ]</small>

DRAGOON
10-31-2003, 09:11 AM
I believe this game can go either way. Gonzales is still a dangerous team that has yet to find their groove this season. They are now on their 3rd QB of the season, a tall soph named Nic Crozier that stepped up and played well against Luling last week. As far as the stadium is concerned I think it is a good thing that the track not be at the football field. There is a reason that most every college does not have their track at the football stadium, it puts the fans right on top of the action where they should be. Remember how Texas took the track out at DKR a few years ago? Anyway it should be a good game, and hopefully when realignment comes Cuero, Yoakum, Gonzales will remain in the same district. They compete well with each other year in and year out from what I have seen.

Old Dog
10-31-2003, 02:17 PM
Gobbla.....you gotta work hard and make those guys understand, Cuero and Burnet have an appointment down the road! We all have to do our best to make it happen.

RAIDER96
10-31-2003, 03:48 PM
Gobbla, whats it look like to you in the 1rst round. Rice and Cuero or Rice and Hallettsville?