PDA

View Full Version : Roger Clemens issues apology...new story

g$$
05-05-2008, 02:19 AM
http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/baseball/yankees/2008/05/04/2008-05-04_roger_clemens_says_sorry_to_friends_and_.html

...Clemens still denies steroids/HGH use but admits "mistakes in personal life." Friends & family are supposedly urging him to drop the defamation case & try to begin repairing his image (?). Arrogance & pride are standing in his way it seems.

**Another good read below from interview w/ Mindy McCready's parents, etc. about the affair/relationship...

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/baseball/yankees/2008/05/03/2008-05-03_mindy_mccreadys_mother_recalls_moment_of-2.html?page=0

g$$
05-05-2008, 03:23 AM
ttt

Bull19
05-05-2008, 11:07 AM
he cant even apologize truthfully. its getting pretty old

rockdale80
05-05-2008, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by Bull19
he cant even apologize truthfully. its getting pretty old

Who cares. He is an entertainer. I dont care about his character.

Bull19
05-05-2008, 12:30 PM
Originally posted by rockdale80
Who cares. He is an entertainer. I dont care about his character. :rolleyes: apperently you care enough to open this thread about him

rockdale80
05-05-2008, 12:46 PM
:rolleyes: apperently you care enough to open this thread about him

If you say so pal....

JasperDog94
05-05-2008, 01:47 PM
Who cares. He is an entertainer. I dont care about his character. Seriously? You don't care that kids look up to him and he does this kind of stuff?

Bull19
05-05-2008, 03:26 PM
If you say so pal.... im not your pal.

you say you dont care about his character yet you reply to a thread that is about his character. :rolleyes:

Txbroadcaster
05-05-2008, 03:28 PM
im not your pal.

you say you dont care about his character yet you reply to a thread that is about his character. :rolleyes:

I dont see what the problem is with him replying..He was replying to the matter in the thread and saying his point of view that to him Clemen's character is no big concern

He did not say the thread was useless or anything like that

Ranger Mom
05-05-2008, 03:30 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
I dont see what the problem is with him replying..He was replying to the matter in the thread and saying his point of view that to him Clemen's character is no big concern

He did not say the thread was useless or anything like that

I think some people just like to gripe for the sake of griping!!

(I know I do sometimes!!):D :D

JasperDog94
05-05-2008, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
I think some people just like to gripe for the sake of griping!!

(I know I do sometimes!!):D :D You're a woman...it goes without saying.:taunt:

:helpme: :helpme: :helpme:

rockdale80
05-05-2008, 03:39 PM
im not your pal.

ok buddy....

...db

Bull19
05-05-2008, 03:43 PM
.db :confused: real mature. stop acting like you're still in high school....oh wait thats right.

pirate4state
05-05-2008, 03:53 PM
FUNNY!

rockdale80
05-05-2008, 05:47 PM
:confused: real mature. stop acting like you're still in high school....oh wait thats right.

Sorry friend....

Ranger Mom
05-05-2008, 07:33 PM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
You're a woman...it goes without saying.:taunt:

:helpme: :helpme: :helpme:

Yeah...I always thought it was a "woman thing".....but by gosh if some of the guys on here haven't made me change my mind!!:)

trojan37
05-05-2008, 07:43 PM
So many kids look up to these athletes today, and so many have done wrong, that I hope none of my children pick a professional athlete as a role model. There are only a handful of good, honest athletes out there. I believe a childs role model should be his parents. If they can't set the example for the child to follow, then you've got problems.

DDBooger
05-05-2008, 07:49 PM
Originally posted by trojan37
So many kids look up to these athletes today, and so many have done wrong, that I hope none of my children pick a professional athlete as a role model. There are only a handful of good, honest athletes out there. I believe a childs role model should be his parents. If they can't set the example for the child to follow, then you've got problems. kids should pick players they wanna play like, not be like, that role goes to the Parents, whether they believe it or not!

Ranger Mom
05-05-2008, 07:53 PM
Originally posted by DDBooger
kids should pick players they wanna play like, not be like, that role goes to the Parents, whether they believe it or not!

I agree 100%

Bull19
05-05-2008, 07:53 PM
i like this guy

http://img212.imageshack.us/img212/4503/dsc03147cn3.jpg (http://imageshack.us)
http://img212.imageshack.us/img212/4503/dsc03147cn3.d6fe6ccb09.jpg (http://g.imageshack.us/g.php?h=212&i=dsc03147cn3.jpg)

trojan37
05-05-2008, 08:21 PM
It's alright for a kid to want to play like an athlete, but the way the media hypes everything these days, there is so much negativity associated with a lot of them. What if a kid tells you he wants to be like Michael Irvin, honestly, what's the first thing that pops in your mind?:thinking: I know what I think of. Although he was a great receiver, he undoubtedly had a lot of off the field issues, which put him in the spotlight. And in the NFL, no matter what you do, you can still get in the HOF. It ain't happenin in baseball.

g$$
05-05-2008, 08:31 PM
It's alright for a kid to want to play like an athlete, but the way the media hypes everything these days, there is so much negativity associated with a lot of them. What if a kid tells you he wants to be like Michael Irvin, honestly, what's the first thing that pops in your mind?:thinking: I know what I think of. Although he was a great receiver, he undoubtedly had a lot of off the field issues, which put him in the spotlight. And in the NFL, no matter what you do, you can still get in the HOF. It ain't happenin in baseball.

True that, good post.

shadow13
05-06-2008, 12:17 PM
So many kids look up to these athletes today, and so many have done wrong, that I hope none of my children pick a professional athlete as a role model. There are only a handful of good, honest athletes out there. I believe a childs role model should be his parents. If they can't set the example for the child to follow, then you've got problems. Charles Barkley said it first, He too, thinks that the parents should be the role models.

Old Tiger
05-06-2008, 02:11 PM
Roger is making a bigger idiot of himself than if he would have just came clean.

pirate4state
05-06-2008, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by shadow13
Charles Barkley said it first, He too, thinks that the parents should be the role models. I agree.

kaorder1999
05-06-2008, 02:41 PM
kids dont always look to their parents as role models.......do their parents want them to? of course!

Its easy for Barkley to be a role model to his own kids. Its easy for Michael Jordan to be a role model to his own kids. They are professional athletes. They don't know what its like to make 30-50k a year and work in an office and WISH you were a role model to your child when that child is looking at the NBA, NFL stars for that

shadow13
05-06-2008, 05:30 PM
Originally posted by kaorder1999
kids dont always look to their parents as role models.......do their parents want them to? of course!

Its easy for Barkley to be a role model to his own kids. Its easy for Michael Jordan to be a role model to his own kids. They are professional athletes. They don't know what its like to make 30-50k a year and work in an office and WISH you were a role model to your child when that child is looking at the NBA, NFL stars for that The kids who start smoking pot and having sex usually start in middle school and probably never have sat down to watched any sports on TV, so their role models would be their friends. That's were the parent come into the picture to watch and monitor their kids behavior, talk and ask questions and get to know their friends, in other words develop a bond with your kids.It's sad to think you have to have millions of dollars to be a role model.

JasperDog94
05-06-2008, 07:06 PM
Originally posted by shadow13
The kids who start smoking pot and having sex usually start in middle school and probably never have sat down to watched any sports on TV... :spitlol: :spitlol:

Oh, you were serious?

Please continue...