PDA

View Full Version : Baseball - Liberty Hill vs Diboll

duckpluck
05-04-2008, 07:07 AM
Diboll will face Liberty Hill in a best-of-three series starting on Thursday night at 7 at Corsicana High School. The second game of the series will be on Friday night at 7, with a third game, if necessary to be played on Saturday at 1. Friday's and Saturday's games will also be at Corsicana.

Super_R
05-05-2008, 11:00 AM
It should be a good series.

LH is playing some good baseball lately. they started the season slow....3-7 and have sence imporved to 16-10.

We have beaten several top 20 teams along the way: Bandera, Rockdale, Cameron, Hutto, Taylor, and beat McCallum a 4A team that had a 18 game win streak and were ranked #2 in Cen-Tex.

What does Diboll have to offer?

LH Panther Mom
05-05-2008, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by Super_R
It should be a good series.

LH is playing some good baseball lately. they started the season slow....3-7 and have sence imporved to 16-10.

We have beaten several top 20 teams along the way: Bandera, Rockdale, Cameron, Hutto, Taylor, and beat McCallum a 4A team that had a 18 game win streak and were ranked #2 in Cen-Tex.

What does Diboll have to offer?
How's life in Superville?

Super_R
05-05-2008, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
How's life in Superville?

Getting better by the day.

How are you?

LH Panther Mom
05-05-2008, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by Super_R
Getting better by the day.

How are you?
I'm very good! :)

mistanice
05-08-2008, 06:19 PM
will someone post score when game is over? thanks

duckpluck
05-08-2008, 06:24 PM
I have some buddies there. I will call them and get updates and post them here as the evening goes on.

ILS1
05-08-2008, 08:32 PM
0-0 in the 5th Inning!!

ILS1
05-08-2008, 08:49 PM
Liberty Hill 3-0 Top 6th!!!

:clap:

duckpluck
05-08-2008, 09:07 PM
Its been a great pitcher duel until LH broke for 3.

duckpluck
05-08-2008, 09:09 PM
LH up 5-0 in bottom of 7

LH Panther Mom
05-08-2008, 09:10 PM
Originally posted by duckpluck
Its been a great pitcher duel until LH broke for 3.
Who's on the mound?

Keep it up, guys! :cheerl: :cheerl:

duckpluck
05-08-2008, 09:15 PM
Ty Moore

duckpluck
05-08-2008, 09:23 PM
LH WINS 5-0

LH Panther Mom
05-08-2008, 09:24 PM
Originally posted by duckpluck
LH WINS 5-0
WOOHOO!!!!!! Way to go, Panthers!

solocam
05-08-2008, 10:28 PM
Way to go cats

mistanice
05-09-2008, 12:30 AM
Diboll shut out by Liberty Hill

By RAYMOND LINEX II
Sports Correspondent

Friday, May 09, 2008

For Diboll's first playoff run in 11 years to continue, the Lumberjacks will have to come from behind. A little offense might help.

The Lumberjacks were held to four hits in a 5-0 loss to Liberty Hill Thursday in Game 1 of a Region III-3A area tilt at James G. Price Field.

Game 2 is 7 p.m. tonight at the same venue.

It was a pitcher's duel through five, but the Panthers (17-10) collected seven hits and all five runs in the final two innings, while their ace — Ty Moore — struck out 10 and never allowed the Lumberjacks (19-7) to mount a serious threat.

Diboll starter Cutler Ruby went 6 2/3 innings and got himself out of a first-inning jam when Liberty Hill's Jake Ott led off with a sinking base hit to left field that Jose Solis couldn't corral while sliding, and Ryan Cox singled on what was a sacrifice bunt attempt he beat out.

A pop-up, caught stealing and a brilliant pick-off move to first kept the Panthers off the board, and Ruby allowed only one more hit over the next four innings.

"Cutler threw well, but he was getting the ball up a little bit and got a little tired and frustrated toward the end," Diboll coach Terry Johnson said. "They strung some hits together and hit with people in scoring position."

Liberty Hill's first three batters did the damage in the final two innings. Incidentally, Ruby's pickoff move may have led to some of his fatigue.

Ott singled for the second time to leadoff the sixth for Liberty Hill, and Ruby went to first base four times before delivering a single pitch to Cox, who ended the night 4 for 4. Cox fashioned a seven-pitch at bat around seven moves to first, and eventually hit a lazy fly to shallow left field that fell for a single.

First baseman Cody Lattimore followed with single under diving third baseman Robert Cedillo's glove, and the Panthers took a 1-0 lead. Ruby got a strikeout and a groundout before shortstop Cade Moore singled to right to score two more and make it 3-0.

In the sixth, Ott's fielder's choice left him at first and the Panthers with two outs. But Cox followed with an RBI single, and Lattimore an RBI double.

The Panthers were 3 for 8 with runners in scoring position, 3 for 5 in the final two innings.

Diboll, meanwhile, was 0 for 7, and had five opportunities in the first three innings, three in the second after Ruby led off with a double to the gap in left-center. Kyle Prescott doubled with two outs in the first, and Ketarus Stanton tripled with two outs in the third, but both innings ended when Moore induced groundouts to third.

In the second, Cox made a difficult catch running away from his spot at second toward center field with one out, robbing designated hitter Faustino Salais of a possible RBI single.

Moore retired the side in the fourth, fifth and seventh innings.

After the game, Johnson emphasized the significance of a best-of-three series with his team.

"I named about 10 teams that came back after losing the first one to win the last two," he said. "That's the reason they play two out of three."

www.lufkindailynews.com

hotty
05-09-2008, 09:20 AM
Liberty hill is flatout the best in the WHOLE State of Texas! they play 100% perfect baseball every inning of every game! And they have the best pitching in all of 3A.:D

Texasfootball2
05-09-2008, 10:40 AM
Originally posted by hotty
Liberty hill is flatout the best in the WHOLE State of Texas! they play 100% perfect baseball every inning of every game! And they have the best pitching in all of 3A.:D

Don't even know why they scheduled a tenative game 3 for this series, the Panthers will obviously win it with two shutouts. But if Diboll scores even one "UNEARNED RUN", this statement is:lies:

LH Panther Mom
05-09-2008, 10:41 AM
Originally posted by Texasfootball2
Don't even know why they scheduled a tenative game 3 for this series, the Panthers will obviously win it with two shutouts.
No kidding! :stirpot: ;)

mistanice
05-09-2008, 10:42 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
No kidding! :stirpot: ;) :mad: :mad: :mad: :cool:

LH810
05-09-2008, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by mistanice
:mad: :mad: :mad: :cool:

Dibol will need to enjoy todays game :devil:

hotty
05-09-2008, 10:58 AM
LH is the SHIZZZLLE DIZZZZLE!!!
They goin to state.....then nationals!

LH Panther Mom
05-09-2008, 11:10 AM
Originally posted by LH810
Dibol will need to enjoy todays game :devil:
Just make sure they don't enjoy it too much! ;)

Texasfootball2
05-09-2008, 11:42 AM
LH is the SHIZZZLLE DIZZZZLE!!!
They goin to state.....then nationals!

Nationals?:smoker: :vrycnfsd: Sorry to inform you but there is not a national tournament for high school:bigcry:

I'm all for someone being an avid fan and nobody loves smack talk as much as I, but you might not want to jump into this with an overload of enthusiasm unless you enjoy the taste of "CROW". I assure you there are some on this board who are saving some of your threads just waiting for LH to go SPLAAAAAAAAT!!!

And then.............well........:1omg!: :foul:

Panther One
05-09-2008, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by Texasfootball2
I assure you there are some on this board who are saving some of your threads just waiting for LH to go SPLAAAAAAAAT!!!
That would be a waste of time. I doubt this new poster even cares...

hotty
05-09-2008, 01:11 PM
Darn right I don't care! Right now i'm sitting in my recliner watchin the young and the restless, and loving it!

LH810
05-09-2008, 01:26 PM
Darn right I don't care! Right now i'm sitting in my recliner watchin the young and the restless, and loving it!

what a wonderful fan !!:thinking: :doh: :devil: :eek:

Texasfootball2
05-09-2008, 01:32 PM

:thinking: Hmmmmm! Home watch soap opera's 1:11 pm:thinking: Must be a senior at LH who only goes half day:doh:anyone else would either still be at school or work. With a signature like "hotty", gotta be a teenager or could be a college girl. :D I see where your passion is coming from. Probably having a hard time coming to grips with the reality that in a couple of weeks your high school days will be gone, or you just haven't been able to let go.:D

If I'm right, I assure you your best days are definitley ahead of you.

If I'm wrong, :foul: :vrycnfsd: :crazy1: "My Bad"

hotty
05-09-2008, 01:51 PM
Hey now i dont dog your lifestyle! so dont dog my incredibly plush lifestyle, and i aint no senior who goes haf a day to scool......I am ranked in the top 5 in acadimics at LH! so boooooooooooyyyyyaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!

Texasfootball2
05-09-2008, 02:28 PM
Hey now i dont dog your lifestyle! so dont dog my incredibly plush lifestyle, and i aint no senior who goes haf a day to scool......I am ranked in the top 5 in acadimics at LH! so boooooooooooyyyyyaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!

biiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnggggggggoooooooo!!!!!!!: enjoy it while you can:D:2thumbsup

ILS1
05-09-2008, 03:23 PM
..I am ranked in the top 5 in acadimics at LH! so boooooooooooyyyyyaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!

But LH only has like 4 students!!! Some being in the Top 5 ain't say much!!! LOL!!! :D :D :D

hotty
05-10-2008, 06:20 PM
LH actually has 176 students in the senior class!!! If you haven't noticed.....we have just one back2back state titles, a baseball district title this year, and just mopped the floor with diboll in playoffs.......Soooooo I would say the "small" town of LH is diong something right!?!? ;) :p