PDA

View Full Version : Kyle Busch news

Bull Butter
05-03-2008, 11:37 PM
RICHMOND, Va. (AP)--- Joe Gibbs, president of Joe Gibbs Motorsports has confirmed that driver Kyle Busch will be entering the Government's Federal Witness protection program after Saturday night's incident in which Busch and Dale Earnhardt, Jr. wrecked with 2 laps to go, thus denying Earnhardt his first win in 72 races.

The incident, which occured with Earnhardt leading the race sent the "Earnhardt Nation" into a frenzy as gun shops all over Richmond were beseiged with customers, most sporting mullet haircuts and wearing "wife-beater" shirts emblazoned with one red "8" and a green "8" which apparently had been added later.

One such Richmond shop, "Bubba's Guns & Donuts" sold out of weapons in just under 15 minutes. Owner Bubba Lee said he hadn't seen this much business since the day the TV program "Hee Haw" got canceled.

In a related note, Gibbs confirmed that the # 18 M&M's Toyota would be driven next week at Darlington by recently-signed driver John Doe.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
05-03-2008, 11:50 PM
I know this is a joke, but I don't even like Earnhardt Jr. and he was wrecked by Kyle Busch, regardless of what the sportscasters try to say. His wheel turned up the track into Jr.'s car, if that isn't obvious then I don't know what is. On a side note one thing that bothers me is that Toyota's are able to run higher horsepower cars than any other make in the field, that's and unfair competitive advantage and shouldn't be allowed in my opinion.

Lion_Addict
05-04-2008, 01:02 PM
I am a huge Jr & NASCAR fan, and you're dang right it was on purpose. That big eared monkey turd has let his recent success get to his head, and he needs to be taken down a notch! Payback's a b****, well you know, & it will be coming. Did find it amusing that all the fans in the stands were flipping Busch the bird as he drove by :clap: .
Side note: his idiotic teammate (Denny Hamlin) should have went to the pits when he 1st knew he had a tire going down. That brought out the caution that all led up to this crap! :mad:

CHS_CG
05-04-2008, 05:11 PM
Originally posted by Lion_Addict
I am a huge Jr & NASCAR fan, and you're dang right it was on purpose. That big eared monkey turd has let his recent success get to his head, and he needs to be taken down a notch! Payback's a b****, well you know, & it will be coming. Did find it amusing that all the fans in the stands were flipping Busch the bird as he drove by :clap: .
Side note: his idiotic teammate (Denny Hamlin) should have went to the pits when he 1st knew he had a tire going down. That brought out the caution that all led up to this crap! :mad:

Not to mention Hamlin STOPPED on the race track to draw the caution for his teammate and then started moving again AFTER they threw the caution. Which is why he got parked for a few laps. I saw the interview with Jr and you could tell he was clearly heartbroken. The last win he had was at the race and he was 2 laps from breaking his drought. He even said "even if it was fair or not Busch would need extra protection " then he said "we all will" which I didnt get that part. I hope Kyle gets whats coming to him and Jr gets a win next weekend.

Necks_Fan
05-04-2008, 05:25 PM
I don't like Nascar.

I can't stand to watch cars drive in circles, but whatever floats your boat I guess.

Some of ya'll don't like to watch baseball. I guess it's a personal preference.

Emerson1
05-04-2008, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by Necks_Fan
I don't like Nascar.

I can't stand to watch cars drive in circles, but whatever floats your boat I guess.

Some of ya'll don't like to watch baseball. I guess it's a personal preference.
There is more action in nascar than a MLB game

Necks_Fan
05-04-2008, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
There is more action in nascar than a MLB game Yea. Watching people crash and sometimes get really hurt and even killed. Really entertaining.

:doh:

Emerson1
05-04-2008, 06:15 PM
Yea. Watching people crash and sometimes get really hurt and even killed. Really entertaining.

:doh:
So I guess you are giving up watching football

D_bird
05-04-2008, 07:32 PM
When I was 4 years old we had a dirt car that we ran at Boyd Raceway just down the road from here. I have been a Nascar, well actually a race fan ever since. It is personal preference, but I also like baseball and football...

As for last night, Kyle Busch did run into the side of Jr's car and not in the back of him, which would normally (I'll explain later) have me tend to believe that wrecking Jr was not his intention, maybe rub him and move him out of the way, but not wreck him.

Of course, that doesnt matter now, because of what did happen... That exact thing has happened a couple of times with different drivers in the past, drivers will get loose inside another car and get into them and wreck them. Kyle did not appear that loose to me and then you have to take into account what he said the night before anfter the Busch race about wrecking anyone he wants, I think it was intentional, and he was just disguising it like I described above

bobcat1
05-04-2008, 07:46 PM
Originally posted by BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
I know this is a joke, but I don't even like Earnhardt Jr. and he was wrecked by Kyle Busch, regardless of what the sportscasters try to say. His wheel turned up the track into Jr.'s car, if that isn't obvious then I don't know what is. On a side note one thing that bothers me is that Toyota's are able to run higher horsepower cars than any other make in the field, that's and unfair competitive advantage and shouldn't be allowed in my opinion.

:iagree: :foul: You are exactly right. That wheel turned right into him and Busch's car even went up the track after he turned into him. No doubt at all. If Junior would grow some like his Dad's and total out Kyle next time Kyle is winning and Junior's having a bad day, Justice would be served. I wouldn't be a good Nascar driver because there would have been a demolition derby before they dropped that last green flag last night. Just as soon as they gave me 4 fresh tires and the field was under caution, a message would have been delivered. :flaming: :flaming:

Necks_Fan
05-04-2008, 08:04 PM
So I guess you are giving up watching football I said I can't stand to watch people drive in circles for hours. that's why I don't watch.

The wrecks are not entertaining. That's just greusome that some people would watch to see the the wrecks.

Football entertains me as a sport, even though the medical side is less than admirable. I like football, not nascar.

I don't watch or not watch because of injuries. I watch because I like the sport, in Nascar's case, it's because I don't like the "sport."

I don't know what else could be entertaining to those that watch than a wreck I suppose, just not for me.

michaelp23
05-04-2008, 09:45 PM
I said I can't stand to watch people drive in circles for hours. that's why I don't watch.

The wrecks are not entertaining. That's just greusome that some people would watch to see the the wrecks.

Football entertains me as a sport, even though the medical side is less than admirable. I like football, not nascar.

I don't watch or not watch because of injuries. I watch because I like the sport, in Nascar's case, it's because I don't like the "sport."

I don't know what else could be entertaining to those that watch than a wreck I suppose, just not for me.

Okay then!:p :blahblah:

LH Panther Mom
05-04-2008, 11:26 PM
I said I can't stand to watch people drive in circles for hours. that's why I don't watch.

It's real simple - DON'T CLICK ON THE THREAD. :rolleyes: :doh:

kepdawg
05-04-2008, 11:28 PM
If that would have been daddy doing that to someone instead of someone doing it to junior everyone would have thought it was the greatest thing in the world!

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
05-04-2008, 11:41 PM
Originally posted by kepdawg
If that would have been daddy doing that to someone instead of someone doing it to junior everyone would have thought it was the greatest thing in the world!

Yeah, too bad that he drove with class and was a role model for people who watch NASCAR.

kepdawg
05-04-2008, 11:44 PM
Yeah, too bad that he drove with class and was a role model for people who watch NASCAR.

Daddy drove with class? :eek:

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
05-04-2008, 11:49 PM
Daddy drove with class? :eek:

Yeah, I never saw him intentionally wreck anyone in my years of watching him, and I had many opportunities to watch him win. Why do you think he is such a legend in the sport? You are probably the first person I have met who has associated Earnhardt with classless driving.

kepdawg
05-04-2008, 11:50 PM
Yeah, I never saw him intentionally wreck anyone in my years of watching him, and I had many opportunities to watch him win. Why do you think he is such a legend in the sport? You are probably the first person I have met who has associated Earnhardt with classless driving.

I don't think I'd go so far to say he was classless, but I definitely think there were multiple occasions when he wrecked someone intentionally.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
05-04-2008, 11:52 PM
I don't think I'd go so far to say he was classless, but I definitely think there were multiple occasions when he wrecked someone intentionally.

Well, I was young and fortunately I cannot recall those instances. Regardless my perception of him has not changed and will be maintained. I don't think a whole lot of Dale Jr., I will say that much.

Maroon87
05-05-2008, 09:59 AM
Well, I was young and fortunately I cannot recall those instances. Regardless my perception of him has not changed and will be maintained. I don't think a whole lot of Dale Jr., I will say that much.

He wrecked Terry Labonte a couple of times at Bristol...1995 & 1999. Those were not accidents by any stretch.

ronwx5x
05-05-2008, 10:09 AM
There is more action in nascar than a MLB game