PDA

View Full Version : Softball - Needville and La Grange

PutMeInCoach
05-03-2008, 09:05 PM
Any details on the next round? When, where, series? Who's your pick?

Reds fan
05-03-2008, 09:13 PM
Tough one....but I'd favor Needville in this one, lots of speed and offense. Should be a great match up.

PutMeInCoach
05-03-2008, 09:16 PM
Needville has been going 1 game in the playoffs. Think this one will go series or 1 game? Or which would you rather see. I think I'd like to see a series, 1 during the week and 2 on the weekend.

LG has some good defense, which I think can counter their speed. But your right, going to be a great matchup.

Reds fan
05-03-2008, 09:43 PM
Originally posted by PutMeInCoach
Needville has been going 1 game in the playoffs. Think this one will go series or 1 game? Or which would you rather see. I think I'd like to see a series, 1 during the week and 2 on the weekend.

LG has some good defense, which I think can counter their speed. But your right, going to be a great matchup.

Needville lost toss in 1st series, took one game in second due to prom etc. I think both will want series and rightly so. Defense must not be just good but very good to beat Needville...they put the ball in play, run very well and smart.

scrub c
05-03-2008, 10:31 PM
I have seen needville play once this season.

VERY VERY good defense...

Reds fan
05-03-2008, 10:39 PM
Originally posted by scrub c
I have seen needville play once this season.

VERY VERY good defense...

Yes, very good and they need to be. Their pitcher is not a hard thrower but has good spins. Good teams will put the ball in play against her often but she gets by with the defense behind her.

PutMeInCoach
05-04-2008, 08:01 AM
LG is a team that will put the ball in play. Definately will come down to which team will be the most solid on the defensive end. Sounds like this game/series will be a very exciting one to watch. Can't wait! Will definately be at this one.

themsu97
05-04-2008, 08:24 AM
as we all know... at this point in the playoffs there are no slouches... every series will be tough and great to watch... good luck to both teams but I will be rooting for the Jays

PutMeInCoach
05-04-2008, 09:29 AM
No slouches, but there are better matchups than others. These 2 teams are pretty well evenly matched all round. Not just a dominate pitcher getting the job done.

3ABirdMan
05-05-2008, 08:17 AM
Sorry for the delay in this post.......

Congrats to Needville on their win over Bridge City last Friday. They proved why there was a 3-way tie in D24!

Needville will be tough to knock off, and I wish them the best! They have excellent team speed, and cover the field VERY well defensively. They are VERY well coached and skilled! And I have not seen a team that hits as well 1-9 in a LONG time! All-in-all - an EXCELLENT team!

Good Luck, Lady Jays!

Old Tiger
05-05-2008, 08:24 AM
I'll take a playoff experience LG team. Great coaching and always has talent.

Reds fan
05-05-2008, 02:40 PM
UIL bracket shows game(s) @ Weimar...anyone have dates and times?

Great field for playoffs, hope I can be there!

pirate4state
05-05-2008, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by Reds fan
UIL bracket shows game(s) @ Weimar...anyone have dates and times?

Great field for playoffs, hope I can be there!

I received info that it was one game at 7pm on Friday.

Reds fan
05-05-2008, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
I received info that it was one game at 7pm on Friday.

Thanks!

Matchup under a one game scenario:

Experience- La Grange and Needville are both young teams, both pitchers are sophmore class but i think Jays overall have more depth... advantage Jays

Pitching- LG has two quality pitchers, Jays rely on one...advantage Leps... but with 1 game series???

Hitting- Needville strong 1-9...advantage Jays

Team Speed- advantage Jays

Defense- both solid but needville has the edge
Coaching- even

Coin flip determining home / visitor will be a big factor also.

This should be a very close game but IMO Needville edges this one out. Good luck to both teams!!

PutMeInCoach
05-05-2008, 04:55 PM
Matchup under a one game scenario:

Experience- La Grange has quite a bit of depth. Can move players around without affecting the play of the game. Needville as well - even

Pitching- LG advantage, never know what will happen in a 1 game. I one is off then they have a couple others. Jay's don't have this. Advantage - LG

Hitting- Needville strong 1-9 as well as LG. Look at both team batting average on MaxPreps...pretty much even. No advantage

Team Speed- advantage Jays, but LG has some kids with some speed. Not slow by no means.

Defense- even

Coaching- even

LG is vistors, doesn't make a difference to those kids.

This should be a very close game but IMO Needville edges this one out. Good luck to both teams!!