PDA

View Full Version : In Softball: Sinton beats Falfurrias in Game 2!

Phil C
05-03-2008, 04:07 PM
It was 10 - 0 with the ten run rule after the top of the fifth inning. As usual I was right when I said that it would be closer than the one last night. Sinton advances by winning the series 2 - 0. I was told they will play Palacios in Goliad Thursday night and Saturday. I just hope they don't use empires from the Victoria region.

pirate4state
05-03-2008, 04:11 PM
:eek: :eek: :eek:

No mention of the HOME RUN??? Phil, I am very disappointed! :p

Great series for the Lady Pirates.

Congrats to the Lady Belles on a fine season. Good group of young players.

Phil C
05-03-2008, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
:eek: :eek: :eek:

No mention of the HOME RUN??? Phil, I am very disappointed! :p

Great series for the Lady Pirates.

Congrats to the Lady Belles on a fine season. Good group of young players.

Right you are! Kayla Dunlap hit a homerun over the fence in the Sinton softball field. This is the first one that has been hit like that over the fence in 7 years in a real game (not scrimmage like T-M did). I was able to chase the ball down with help from the fire department and get it to the Sinton dugout. Great job Kayla! History before our eyes.

Great job Lady Pirates.

Phil C
05-03-2008, 04:16 PM
Also in the third inning the Falfurrias catcher must have got hit by a throw to home in the face and had to take a few minutes to recover. Her name is Samantha Alegria and she is a sophomore. After a few minutes to recover she came back in and finished the game. A great courageous act by her for her team.

:clap:

pirate4state
05-03-2008, 04:16 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
Right you are! Kayla Dunlap hit a homerun over the fence in the Sinton softball field. This is the first one that has been hit like that over the fence in 7 years in a real game (not scrimmage like T-M did). I was able to chase the ball down with help from the fire department and get it to the Sinton dugout. Great job Kayla! History before our eyes.

Great job Lady Pirates.

:thinking: hmmmmmmmmm, I'll have to review the stats, but I think an opposing team hit a HR at our field this year! I'll get back to you. ;)

Phil C
05-03-2008, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
:thinking: hmmmmmmmmm, I'll have to review the stats, but I think an opposing team hit a HR at our field this year! I'll get back to you. ;)

Check it out. I was told that one was by Kingsville but I was at the game and I don't remember one over the fence. It might have been an in field home run. I was also told that T-M hit one over the fence but that was at a scrimmage game. Check it out though please.