PDA

View Full Version : Kobe wins MVP

Emerson1
05-03-2008, 02:52 PM
LATimes (http://www.latimes.com/sports/basketball/nba/lakers/la-sp-kobe3-2008may03,0,6643435.story)

He should be winning it every year

Emerson1
05-03-2008, 10:09 PM
http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5gYl86Wu604NNy_xy6iM9-M81BuYwD90E23H80

turbostud
05-03-2008, 10:59 PM
Im surprised Tony Parker hasnt won an MVP yet. IMO he's the best point guard in the league.

Emerson1
05-03-2008, 11:00 PM
Originally posted by turbostud
Im surprised Tony Parker hasnt won an MVP yet. IMO he's the best point guard in the league.
Because he isn't even the most valuable player on his own team. Putting TP on the Grizzlies wouldn't all of a sudden make them a playoff contender.

turbostud
05-03-2008, 11:02 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
Because he isn't even the most valuable player on his own team. Putting TP on the Grizzlies wouldn't all of a sudden make them a playoff contender.
I didnt the know the MVP award was based on how a player would play on another team.

Emerson1
05-03-2008, 11:17 PM
I didnt the know the MVP award was based on how a player would play on another team.
It's the Most Valuable Player in the NBA award, Kobe is the most valuable player in the league. Parker is the 3rd best player on his team.

mustang04
05-04-2008, 01:24 AM
Lebron is MVP....its a given

eagles_victory
05-04-2008, 01:37 AM
Im surprised Tony Parker hasnt won an MVP yet. IMO he's the best point guard in the league. He only averaged 18 and 6 on a team where he was part of a trio and wasnt the obvious lead dog like Kobe, Lebron and Paul are. As far as best point guard in the league there is a guy in Lousiana who begs to differ.

themsu97
05-04-2008, 08:31 AM
yeah... amazing how much better Kobe got once Gasol was added...
LeBron has an arguement every year...

but this year it was definitely Chris Paul...
he was robbed...

XtremeCouture
05-04-2008, 10:00 AM
Originally posted by themsu97

he was robbed...
all gasol did was replace bynum. kobe's numbers were just as good as they've always been

eagles_victory
05-04-2008, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by themsu97

he was robbed... If Paul was robbed then Kobe has been robbed about 4 years in a row then.

coach
05-04-2008, 01:20 PM
kobe is the best and most complete player in the nba..and deserves ths mvp, with lebrin close on his tail...chris paul, and garnett are GREAT players but kobe deserved it this year congrats to him and maybe CP3 will win him one in the future but this year is kobe's year

mustang04
05-04-2008, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by coach
kobe is the best and most complete player in the nba..and deserves ths mvp, with lebrin close on his tail...chris paul, and garnett are GREAT players but kobe deserved it this year congrats to him and maybe CP3 will win him one in the future but this year is kobe's year

he might be the most 'complete'

but in my opinion lebron is way more dominant

STANG RED
05-04-2008, 01:47 PM
I'm not a huge Kobe fan, but that purely for personal reasons. As a player his talent over and above most of his competition is easely apparent, and LA probably either doesnt make the playoffs or would be a very low seed if they did, without Kobe.
I like Lebrone better myself, but they are very hard to compare because their roles are very different on their respective teams. Kobe may have been overlooked a few years when maybe he deserved MVP also, so I have no problem with them giving it to him. Tony Parker may well be the best PG in the league, but if so it isnt by much. But even as good as he is, its going to be next to impossible for him to win the MVP as a Spur, but there is no argument about how well he plays his roll on that team. I do believe he is heartbeat of that team for sure. Even if he isnt recognized as the best on his team, I believe he would be the hardest to replace. Manu could probably do it, but then who do you replace him with?

There is almost never a clear cut MVP that everyone will agree on. Kobe has certainly deserved it as some point, and he has done his part as well as could be expected this year.

Emerson1
05-04-2008, 01:47 PM
Kobe plays better against good teams, Lebron plays worse against good teams

http://82games.com/COM4S0.HTM

Necks_Fan
05-04-2008, 02:08 PM
Kobe plays better against good teams, Lebron plays worse against good teams

http://82games.com/COM4S0.HTM Good info.

:clap:

^
:doh:

Lol.

zebrablue2
05-04-2008, 06:35 PM
LATimes (http://www.latimes.com/sports/basketball/nba/lakers/la-sp-kobe3-2008may03,0,6643435.story)

He should be winning it every year

well deserved. he is the best in the game right now..

Phil C
05-04-2008, 07:46 PM
Kobe is great but what turned the Lakers around this season was getting Gasol for nothing from Memphis. It was like when the Bulls were much improved for Jordan and Pippen when they got Rodman. Gasol has made LA and Kobe happy and content and no talks of trade.

eagles_victory
05-04-2008, 08:18 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
It was like when the Bulls were much improved for Jordan and Pippen when they got Rodman. :confused: I think Jordan and Pippen had a little success before they got Dennis Rodman.

Emerson1
05-04-2008, 09:45 PM
And Pau Gasol is hardly dennis rodman, he scores and gets rebounds because he is tall