PDA

View Full Version : Went to Astros game Fri. night...

g$$
05-03-2008, 05:07 AM
Took the girlfriend to Friday's game as part of her bday. Wow, what a fun game. Got down 4-0, then came back to win 7-4.

7 HRs in game = 5 for Houston, 2 for Milwaukee

Tejada/Berkman/Lee went back to back to back JACK! 1st time I have ever seen that in person at a pro game.

Matsui made 3 errors. Oswalt was so-so but got win, pitched out of some jams & kept Houston in game. Velocity was good but struggled with command early. Lee did not help him by failing to hit cut-off man either, which cost us a run later in inning. Oswalt continues to give up long ball though (now 9 HRs in 42ish IP). Pence hit 2 HRs as well & let's hope he has made some adjustments to get him going. Nice to see him stay on ball & use whole field too. Valverde slammed the door in 9th.

Got our free mesh jerseys at door, enjoyed fireworks after game & few beverages, & got a win! That's LIVIN' on a Fri. night in the big city (then the Rockets lost). Oh well, it was fun. Now I have to get her a real gift!

zebrablue2
05-03-2008, 05:15 AM
the back to back to back had to be fun. I dozed when it was 3-0. figured I would wake to a astros loss. was a pleasant surprise to see they won. had to be a really fun game to watch. and yes, you better look for a real gift today, LOL...

g$$
05-03-2008, 05:21 AM
Originally posted by zebrablue2
the back to back to back had to be fun. I dozed when it was 3-0. figured I would wake to a astros loss. was a pleasant surprise to see they won. had to be a really fun game to watch. and yes, you better look for a real gift today, LOL...

It was a blast...& I have no clue what to get her either. Thinking gift card maybe but kinda impersonal. We'll see as her bday is Saturday (today). Ugghh!

zebrablue2
05-03-2008, 05:27 AM
Originally posted by g$$
It was a blast...& I have no clue what to get her either. Thinking gift card maybe but kinda impersonal. We'll see as her bday is Saturday (today). Ugghh!

something that glitters would make her REAL HAPPY..

g$$
05-03-2008, 05:35 AM
You are so right, but my wallet does not agree! We went to a dinner/acoustic Wade Bowen show Tues. night & the Astros game Fri. night. Now I have to come up with something just for her...

SWMustang
05-03-2008, 08:16 AM
I was there last night too. I missed the jersey though.

g$$
05-03-2008, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by SWMustang
I was there last night too. I missed the jersey though.

We barely got two - fyi enter thru Dierker's Bar & you have a better chance on promotional items. We parked around 5:45 PM & still barely got jerseys. They are ok I guess for a giveaway deal. All same size...decent mesh jersey.

Glad both of us got to see that fun game.