05-03-2008, 12:09 AM
Final

Utah 113 Houston 91

navscanmaster
05-03-2008, 02:13 AM
Originally posted by kepdawg
Final

Utah 113 Houston 91

The Rockets couldn't buy a bucket in the third quarter. What a shame, after that comeback from 19 down. They should be a solid team next year. On to Astros now...sigh:(

buff4life
05-03-2008, 02:50 AM
damn rockets couldn't cover a 7.5 point spread...sorry for the cuss word but right now i'm in no shape to hit the backspace button enough times to erase it...sorry in advance :hairpunk:

g$$
05-03-2008, 04:54 AM
Tough loss, but good year all things considered.

Yao got hurt again, Alston misses most of playoff series, but future looks bright. Gotta stay healthy & add more pieces. Hard to win with 2 starters out for anyone.

Won 55 regular season games in loaded West. I like Adelman & GM Morey moving forward. All in all, not a bad year.

And I hate Utah & their dirty style of play, always have & always will...physical play is fine, but what they do is not basketball. I hope the Lakers destroy them & think they will too.

zebrablue2
05-03-2008, 05:04 AM
Originally posted by g$$
Tough loss, but good year all things considered.

Yao got hurt again, Alston misses most of playoff series, but future looks bright. Gotta stay healthy & add more pieces. Hard to win with 2 starters out for anyone.

Won 55 regular season games in loaded West. I like Adelman & GM Morey moving forward. All in all, not a bad year.

And I hate Utah & their dirty style of play, always have & always will...physical play is fine, but what they do is not basketball. I hope the Lakers destroy them & think they will too.

:iagree: Hope to see 1 more year of Yao and T-Mac- both healthy all the way through-. I believe next year may be the one. Hard for me to pull for the Lakers though. Hope the Spurs play the winner, although NO. will post a big problem for SA.

g$$
05-03-2008, 05:12 AM
Originally posted by zebrablue2
:iagree: Hope to see 1 more year of Yao and T-Mac- both healthy all the way through-. I believe next year may be the one. Hard for me to pull for the Lakers though. Hope the Spurs play the winner, although NO. will post a big problem for SA.

Agreed. Keeping both T-Mac & Yao on the court is crucial, & hard to do it seems. I am not a Lakers fan, but for this next series I will be! I like our future if we can add some pieces & stay healthy. Easier said than done though.

JasperDog94
05-03-2008, 11:09 AM
Originally posted by g$$
Agreed. Keeping both T-Mac & Yao on the court is crucial, & hard to do it seems. I am not a Lakers fan, but for this next series I will be! I like our future if we can add some pieces & stay healthy. Easier said than done though. +1

Phil C
05-03-2008, 11:12 AM
Tmac did his best but not enough help with Yao on the bench. Hopefully they can make the playoffs again next year with everyone healthy because they deserve it after this year's bad luck.

Bull's-eye
05-03-2008, 01:25 PM
It was a roller coaster type of season. They got off to a hot start, but quickly fell below .500. T-Mac was injured and things weren't looking very good for the Rockets. During the loss of McGrady, the players stepped up and started playing as a team. They knew that they couldn't just depend on the scoring of just 1 or 2 players. T-Mac returned and everything started to mesh, they were still in 10th place and it would be a battle just to make the playoffs. Luis Scola was finally put in the starting line up, his hustle and ability to score was a welcome addition over the previous starter Chuch Hayes. The Rockets strung together a 12 game winning streak, but got terrible news about Yao Ming being lost for the season with a fractured foot. Most experts wrote them off and stated they would be very lucky just to make the playoffs. The Rockets continued to win 10 more games and moved into 2nd place for the NBA all-time winning streak with 22 wins. They also became the #1 seed in the Western Conference, but a brutal schedule and nagging injuries dropped the Rockets to the 5th seed to end the season. T-Mac battled shoulder & knee problems, Alston missed games with pulled hamstrings in both legs and Shane Battier battled a hurt foot. The Rockets limped into the playoffs without their starting point guard and 2 other key players with bad wheels. They battled the officials and fought to make this a heck of a series. Most Rockets fans should be very proud of the way this team kept fighting through all of its adversity and anxiously look forward to next season.