PDA

View Full Version : Burnet's homecoming

dawg_monkey
09-14-2002, 11:51 PM
I was just wondering what kind of team Midland Christian has since Burnet is playing them for homecoming friday night. I think Burnet will win.

LVqb04
09-15-2002, 12:44 AM
Midland Christian has a very good team. We, La Vernia, played them saturday and they gave us all we could handle. We ended up beating them 21-17. They have a lightning fast running back that scored 2 90 yd TDs on us. They have a couple of big bruising fullbacks that have good speed. They average about 220 on the O-line. Their defense is what messed up everything. They put about 9 guys in the box at all times and try to get penetration. They play straight man. We had a receiver with about 8 catches for 180 yds and 2 TDs, so Jordan should have a really good game, but they will probably put #19, the RB, on him. They have 3 hoss LBs that are good and quick. They flow downhill really well. They have stand up 8 techs, that blitz all the time. They have about 6 down linemen that just try to get pentration. I think the defense they run makes it hard to run anything inside, but they are susceptible to a passing attack which yall do have. The defense is very physical and will light you up. Expect a lot of draws, screens, dives, and sweeps, not many downfield passing plays. I hope this helps a little.

Originally posted by dawg_monkey:
I was just wondering what kind of team Midland Christian has since Burnet is playing them for homecoming friday night. I think Burnet will win.

coolguycody_c
09-15-2002, 05:27 PM
random though.. kind of off topic, kind of not. For homecoming, my school is the AWAY team!?!? what's up with that?

hornet03
09-15-2002, 05:48 PM
How are you the away team for homecoming? Kind of an oxy-moron.

ATMO
09-15-2002, 09:35 PM
Knowing how things are done in the Houston area, it was probably scheduled by an oxy-moron.

coolguycody_c
09-15-2002, 10:28 PM
Well, 7 schools share one stadium, so that doesn't help. It's a really nice stadium though.. but that doesn't matter. Anyway, we got a new coach this year and apparantly he didn't make the meeting for the schedule planning. So it ends up that we are the away team for our homecoming, and it's their homecoming too! Well at least it's at our district's stadium. (i'm from cy-creek)