Reds fan
05-02-2008, 09:00 PM
No surprises here so far.

3aSoftball4Mom
05-02-2008, 09:23 PM
Columbia 6-0 in the 5th

nette_mom
05-02-2008, 09:53 PM
Congratulations to Needville and West Columbia! Two very good teams who have a chance to go deep and take it to the end! Good luck from Bellville! My Sr. is finished with softball, so I will have to cheer you guys on!!!

3aSoftball4Mom
05-02-2008, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by nette_mom
Congratulations to Needville and West Columbia! Two very good teams who have a chance to go deep and take it to the end! Good luck from Bellville! My Sr. is finished with softball, so I will have to cheer you guys on!!!

Nette mom, that's sad, no more HS softball.....is she playing this summer?
I'm not looking forward to next year.. That will be the last for us.
sniff sniff.
But guess what?? I'm going to be a grandma in October!!!!yeah!!
so look out refs and umps, grandmas are worse than mommies!!

West Columbia wins 9-0 over WOS
Congratulations Lady Necks!!
:clap: :clap:

Necks_Fan
05-02-2008, 10:20 PM
Congrats Lady Necks!

:clap:

8-0 and 9-0

Very impressive.

Reds fan
05-02-2008, 10:30 PM
Good job Lady Necks:clap: :clap:

Based on this year and last D21 softball has come in to the playoffs overrated. D23 and D24 have exposed that again this year.

nette_mom
05-02-2008, 11:31 PM
No more softball, but will be a proud Texas Aggie in the fall! WHOOP! Congratulations on becoming a grandma, that is soooo exciting. Cherish every moment next year cause before you know it, you are looking up and it's May!

flowerchick
05-03-2008, 08:31 AM
Great job LADY NECKS!! It was two great games!! Keep it up!

3ABirdMan
05-05-2008, 08:32 AM
Originally posted by Reds fan
Good job Lady Necks:clap: :clap:

Based on this year and last D21 softball has come in to the playoffs overrated. D23 and D24 have exposed that again this year.

The really sad part - I emailed the TGCA TWICE this year to report the fact the Bridge City was over-rated, and it made NO DIFFERENCE! We have had a lot of internal conflict for the past 2 seasons, and KNEW we wouldn't go very far because of it - Not they we weren't CAPABLE, but rather the mental state of the team wouldn't ALLOW it.

I have pride in my daughters school and team, and would never try to sabotage them, but - At the same time, if you follow this game, you KNOW who is strong and who is not......

The TGCA poll is put together by one man, who TRIES to do the best he can with the info he is given. I realize how hard it is to rank teams you have never seen play, and how hard it is to figure out just how good someone is when "mom" and "dad" are telling you how great "their" DD's team is.

If we, as followers of the sport, want a more accurate poll and ranking system, WE ALL need to be more involved, and send more accurate, unbiased information to the TGCA WEEKLY so he has BETTER information to base his rankings on.

Reds fan
05-05-2008, 09:07 AM
Originally posted by 3ABirdMan
The really sad part - I emailed the TGCA TWICE this year to report the fact the Bridge City was over-rated, and it made NO DIFFERENCE! We have had a lot of internal conflict for the past 2 seasons, and KNEW we wouldn't go very far because of it - Not they we weren't CAPABLE, but rather the mental state of the team wouldn't ALLOW it.

I have pride in my daughters school and team, and would never try to sabotage them, but - At the same time, if you follow this game, you KNOW who is strong and who is not......

The TGCA poll is put together by one man, who TRIES to do the best he can with the info he is given. I realize how hard it is to rank teams you have never seen play, and how hard it is to figure out just how good someone is when "mom" and "dad" are telling you how great "their" DD's team is.

If we, as followers of the sport, want a more accurate poll and ranking system, WE ALL need to be more involved, and send more accurate, unbiased information to the TGCA WEEKLY so he has BETTER information to base his rankings on.

You are so right on this BirdMan....TGCA tries but there is no way the poll can be very accurate with the information given and one person putting it together. Just look at the number of "ranked" teams knocked out by "unranked" teams already in this years playoffs. From past experience the most difficult to overcome is parent bias, if more coaches would send info in to TGCA you might see a better reflection of teams status.

Hope your daughter and team can work thru the conflicts and come back strong.

pirate4state
05-05-2008, 10:20 AM
ITA with both of you! We should start a SOFTBALL site!! :)

LH Panther Mom
05-05-2008, 10:24 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
ITA with both of you! We should start a SOFTBALL site!! :)
:thinking: :thinking: :thinking:

3ABirdMan
05-05-2008, 12:36 PM
18Handicap already HAS one! (www.texprearsoftball.com) But from what I see on there, he doesn't get much response from coaches either. He tried to do a coaches-only AAAAA poll this year, and got next to no response.

BUT - :thinking: If you want to do a FAN site - I'm IN! :clap:

Reds fan
05-05-2008, 01:25 PM
18Handicap already HAS one! (www.texprearsoftball.com) But from what I see on there, he doesn't get much response from coaches either. He tried to do a coaches-only AAAAA poll this year, and got next to no response.

Noticed that too....coaches don't seem to want to get involved in the process. It is so hard to see enough teams out of the local areas teams play in to really amass the knowledge necessary. HS coaches do not have the time to look at that many teams, the best times to see are at tournaments but most are pre district and teams usually are a lot different after they have gone thru distict play.

pirate4state
05-05-2008, 01:55 PM

That's what I meant! I love 18handicap's site and try to help him w/ schedules & scores, but for some reason there isn't a lot of traffic. I would only be interested in 3A ball though. Don't know much about the other classifications.

Reds fan
05-05-2008, 02:05 PM
That's what I meant! I love 18handicap's site and try to help him w/ schedules & scores, but for some reason there isn't a lot of traffic. I would only be interested in 3A ball though. Don't know much about the other classifications.

I would help with that:)

3ABirdMan
05-05-2008, 03:04 PM
That's 3 and counting! Anyone else?

pirate4state
05-05-2008, 03:09 PM
I bet we could talk E (3aSoftball4Mom) into helping us! :D

3aSoftball4Mom
05-05-2008, 04:39 PM
I bet we could talk E (3aSoftball4Mom) into helping us! :D

She would love to!! :D