PDA

View Full Version : Marvin Harrison Invloved in Shooting? (merged)

kepdawg
05-02-2008, 02:56 PM
Story on OTLs on ESPN

Happened on Tuesday

Dispute at bar Harrison owns

Harrison possible shooter

Gun registered to Harrison fired shots

Txbroadcaster
05-02-2008, 02:58 PM
most likely...his gun at his bar used by someone else

kepdawg
05-02-2008, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
most likely...his gun at his bar used by someone else

Why is that "most" likely?

coach
05-02-2008, 03:01 PM
He was involved in a shooting and will be arrested later this week...

Txbroadcaster
05-02-2008, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by kepdawg
Why is that "most" likely?

A. going off his history

B. If I owned a bar I would keep protection there for my workers

nd I might be wrong, just my thoughts

but..would be kind of ironic because everyone spouts him as the non TO..yet I have always felt he was not as nice a guy as people make him out to be, he just was not as loud as TO about getting the ball

I should have said maybe, instead of most likely

BreckTxLonghorn
05-02-2008, 03:05 PM
I always thought Marvin's second career would be as an insurance salesman, not a bar owner.

Will be interesting to see how this one plays out.

Gp83
05-02-2008, 03:07 PM
Pac Man wasn't around was he?

kaorder1999
05-02-2008, 03:07 PM
Originally posted by Gp83
Pac Man wasn't around was he?

i wouldnt bet against it!

Old Tiger
05-02-2008, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by Gp83
Pac Man wasn't around was he? He was in the VIP along with Tank, Mike Vick, and Chris Henry. :D

kepdawg
05-02-2008, 03:09 PM
No witnesses claiming Harrison as shooter

Harrison acknowledges incident and hearing gun fire

Harrison claimed gun never left his house

Police found gun in a bucket while talking to Harrison at a nearby car wash owned by Harrison

kaorder1999
05-02-2008, 03:11 PM
No witnesses claiming Harrison as shooter

Harrison acknowledges incident and hearing gun fire

Harrison claimed gun never left his house

Police found gun in a bucket while talking to Harrison at a nearby car wash owned by Harrison

gun never left his house? interesting

kepdawg
05-02-2008, 03:11 PM
Report: Police probe Harrison in Philadelphia shooting

ESPN.com news services

Updated: May 2, 2008, 4:06 PM ET

* Comment
* Email
* Print

Indianapolis Colts wide receiver Marvin Harrison is under investigation in his hometown of Philadelphia in a shooting that took place late Tuesday afternoon, a source close to the investigation told Anthony Gargano of Philadelphia's WIP Radio.

The shooting reportedly occurred outside a North Philadelphia bar owned by Harrison.

Harrison has yet to be arrested or charged with the crime.

The source said the alleged victim came into the bar, Playmakers, around 5 p.m. and engaged in an argument with Harrison, who was at the bar. The victim then left the bar, heading to his car, with Harrison following. Gunfire broke out, the victim was hit in the hand, and a young girl was slightly injured by flying glass from a car that apparently was hit by a bullet.

Police came to scene, but the victim did not identify a shooter. On Wednesday, according to the source, ballistic tests showed that the gun that had fired the shots was a custom-made Belgian weapon, and police determined that Harrison owned such a gun.

Police then went to a Philadelphia car wash owned by Harrison to question him about the gun. Harrison admitted owning such a weapon, but claimed it never left his suburban Philadelphia home.

However, the source said the gun was discovered in a bucket at the car wash, and tests showed that it had fired seven bullets that matched those found at the scene.

The source said police were contacted Friday by an attorney representing a second alleged victim in the shooting, and police are now waiting for that individual to come forward.

Calls from ESPN to reach Harrison, his agent and the Colts for comment had not been returned.

kaorder1999
05-02-2008, 03:13 PM
wow....doesnt look good for him.

coach
05-02-2008, 03:15 PM
they are saying he has like 25 guns under his name and the gun that was fired was his...

crzyjournalist03
05-02-2008, 03:19 PM
geez...this just sounds like bad news all around.

kaorder1999
05-02-2008, 03:22 PM
the fact that he said that specific gun was at home and then all of a sudden that gun is found there is the part that isnt good for him!

kepdawg
05-02-2008, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by kaorder1999
the fact that he said that specific gun was at home and then all of a sudden that gun is found there is the part that isnt good for him!

He probably just misremembered things!

kaorder1999
05-02-2008, 03:24 PM
He probably just misremembered things!

probably so!

jlg043
05-02-2008, 03:31 PM
I would of never thought of Marvin being this kind of person... not saying I thought he did it but I would never imagine him being in trouble with the law

trojan37
05-02-2008, 03:36 PM
The NFL needs to change from the National Football League to the No Firearms League. Just a bunch of gun toting thugs who are good at football.

Necks_Fan
05-02-2008, 04:38 PM
Yea. Good news for the Texans' secondary.

shadow13
05-02-2008, 07:54 PM
Originally posted by trojan37
The NFL needs to change from the National Football League to the No Firearms League. Just a bunch of gun toting thugs who are good at football. Thugs + Serial Killers = NRA, THEY ARE ALL THE SAME!

XtremeCouture
05-03-2008, 12:32 AM
some dude on ESPN said there was a witness that said harrison was the shooter. either way he gets arrested because of the state law about owning a gun thats involved in a shooting. he probably is guilty. he seems like the nice quiet guy that one day comes to school with a sawed off shotgun and mows people down. maybe he picked up a bad hobby while he was injured

Txbroadcaster
05-03-2008, 12:37 AM
Originally posted by XtremeCouture
some dude on ESPN said there was a witness that said harrison was the shooter. either way he gets arrested because of the state law about owning a gun thats involved in a shooting. he probably is guilty. he seems like the nice quiet guy that one day comes to school with a sawed off shotgun and mows people down. maybe he picked up a bad hobby while he was injured

yet supposedly at this momeht the victim has not said Harrison shot him

shadow13
05-03-2008, 01:06 AM
It doesn't look good for Harrison, being there were the shooting took place, and at the carwash where the gun was found.

Not Good at all!

g$$
05-03-2008, 05:14 AM
Originally posted by Go Blue
He was in the VIP along with Tank, Mike Vick, and Chris Henry. :D

Not bad Blue, not bad. :clap: