PDA

View Full Version : Barbara Walters Likes Chocolate Ice Cream on Top of VAnilla, does this ......

Fotbol
05-02-2008, 08:15 AM
Makes her a Racist:D WARNING: WARNING: IF YOU DON'T HAVE A SENSE OF HUMOR STOP READING RIGHT HERE...

BARBARA WALTERS HAD AN INTERRACIAL AFFAIR
By: EURWeb
May. 02, 2008

Print Email Not Avail

'View' boss to tell the whole story on Tuesday's 'Oprah.'

*Barbara Walters just taped an episode of "The Oprah Winfrey Show" in which she revealed a past affair with an African American senator that lasted several years during the 1970s.

A moderate Republican from Massachusetts who took office in 1967, Senator Edward Brooke was the first African-American to be popularly elected to the Senate.

At the time of their secret relationship, the twice-divorced Walters was building a career in TV news as co-host of NBC's "Today" show before moving to ABC News.

Her affair with Brooke, which never came to light, had ended before he lost his bid for a third term in 1978.

Senator Edward Brooke

Walters told Winfrey about a phone call from a friend who urged her to stop seeing the lawmaker.

"He said, 'This is going to come out. This is going to ruin your career,'" then reminded her that Brooke was up for re-election a year later. "'This is going to ruin him. You've got to break this off.'"

Winfrey asks Walters if she was in love.

"I was certainly — I don't know — I was certainly infatuated."

"Infatuated."

"I was certainly involved," Walters says. "He was exciting. He was brilliant. It was exciting times in Washington."

Walters was on the "Oprah" show to plug her new memoir, "Audition," which covers her long career in television, as well as her off-camera life – including the affair.

nobogey72
05-02-2008, 08:34 AM
It's sad that it is even news. So, if her affair had been with an anglo, then no news?

Anyway, don't you know that Gilda Radner would have had fun with this on Saturday Night Live. "Babwa Wawa" :D :D

Adidas410s
05-02-2008, 08:47 AM
Do you ALWAYS have to play the race card??? GEEZ :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Fotbol
05-02-2008, 08:52 AM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
Do you ALWAYS have to play the race card??? GEEZ :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
I DIDN'T RIGHT THIS ARTICLE, NEWS FLASH AMERICA CALLS THIS NEWS, 911 DIDN'T UNITE US AS A NATION, NOTHING EVER WILL.
YOU DON'T SEE THAT AMERICA LOVES THIS BLACK AND WHITE THING SO MUCH, THAT IT WILL DESTROY US. I'M NOT THE AUTHOR OF THIS ARTICLE PIMPING:rolleyes:

pirate4state
05-02-2008, 08:52 AM
I agree bogey. What's the big deal? It was over 30 years ago!

Why do we need a sense of humor to read this non story? Or was that just pertaining to the thread title? :thinking:

Fotbol
05-02-2008, 08:55 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
I agree bogey. What's the big deal? It was over 30 years ago!

Why do we need a sense of humor to read this non story? Or was that just pertaining to the thread title? :thinking:
i'VE ALREADY TALK IN PM WITH 72, last week we had an ice cream post bout mixing chocolate and vanilla ice cream, and someone made the comment about it, saying it was racist to mix the two.
i didn't write the article but i'm trying to show that people really think that this is news, Blacks and whites have had relations, since slavery ie;, Thomas Jefferson, so why is it still news, because that's what the US has, and always will be, a divided country!

Ranger Mom
05-02-2008, 09:00 AM
Originally posted by Fotbol
i'VE ALREADY TALK IN PM WITH 72, last week we had an ice cream post bout mixing chocolate and vanilla ice cream, and someone made the comment about it, saying it was racist to mix the two.
i didn't write the article but i'm trying to show that people really think that this is news, Blacks and whites have had relations, since slavery ie;, Thomas Jefferson, so why is it still news, because that's what the US has, and always will be, a divided country!

That's sad, but true...but here at the downlow, we don't care, so it's NOT newsworthy here!!:D

nobogey72
05-02-2008, 09:02 AM

Here's how I see it. If racism wasn't still alive and well in American, then the article would read "Barbara Walter has an affair" What difference does it make what color her buddy was. The reason is, that people will judge Babwa Wawa more about the color of the guy more than they will just the fact that she had the affair. In my humble opinion.

Ranger Mom
05-02-2008, 09:06 AM
I heard this on the previews yesterday and unless I missed it in the article above, if ANY of it bothered me, it was the fact that he was a MARRIED man, albeit a black man or a white man...he was a MARRIED man!!

nobogey72
05-02-2008, 09:07 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
I heard this on the previews yesterday and unless I missed it in the article above, if ANY of it bothered me, it was the fact that he was a MARRIED man, albeit a black man or a white man...he was a MARRIED man!!

Bingo!!!!!!

Sweetwater Red
05-02-2008, 09:10 AM
Hmmmm.

I wonder how many "True Texans" post on this board.:thinking:

Adidas410s
05-02-2008, 09:15 AM
I DIDN'T RIGHT THIS ARTICLE, NEWS FLASH AMERICA CALLS THIS NEWS, 911 DIDN'T UNITE US AS A NATION, NOTHING EVER WILL.
YOU DON'T SEE THAT AMERICA LOVES THIS BLACK AND WHITE THING SO MUCH, THAT IT WILL DESTROY US. I'M NOT THE AUTHOR OF THIS ARTICLE PIMPING:rolleyes:
It's not the article or the story...it's your ignorant thread titles...:rolleyes:

Fotbol
05-02-2008, 09:17 AM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
Hmmmm.

Welcome to the Party red, always glad to hear your opinion.
I like to hear different views, even if I don't agree with em.
I am a true Texans:) Race, i feel can be talked about on here, bye people that respects the others view point, but a lot of times you get a bull, wanting his/her points validated, and that's that, But there are always two sides to every story.

Fotbol
05-02-2008, 09:19 AM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
It's not the article or the story...it's your ignorant thread titles...:rolleyes: Maybe, I am ignorant in your eyes, so no harm no foul, if I was a smart guy, then this would be news, but you really don't have to read anything I post, you have that right, SMART GUY!

Ranger Mom
05-02-2008, 09:22 AM
I may be opening a can of worms here and will have to close this thread because of it.....but I was never really sure what all "race" entailed.

My daughter's fiance is 1/4 Cherokee, his mom is 1/2, his grandmother full blood.

My son's fiance is 1/4 Veitnamese, her dad 1/2, her grandmother full blood.

My other son's fiance is adopted, we have no clue what she is...nor do we care.

Is that considered "dating outside your race?"

Just wondering!

Fotbol
05-02-2008, 09:26 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
I may be opening a can of worms here and will have to close this thread because of it.....but I was never really sure what all "race" entailed.

My daughter's fiance is 1/4 Cherokee, his mom is 1/2, his grandmother full blood.

My son's fiance is 1/4 Veitnamese, her dad 1/2, her grandmother full blood.

My other son's fiance is adopted, we have no clue what she is...nor do we care.

Is that considered "dating outside your race?"

Just wondering!

IT'S CALL L...........O.................V................... E
WHICH most americans have lost site of.
with all the killings, and senseless murders, it's evident that love isn't a part of the world today, I wouldn't dream of half the stuff that's being done today, not even to a dog!

Phantom Stang
05-02-2008, 09:27 AM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
Hmmmm.

;)

crzyjournalist03
05-02-2008, 09:40 AM
I personally thought that the most newsworthy part of this story is that at some point in her life, Barbara Walters had a sex drive!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

Ranger Mom
05-02-2008, 09:41 AM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
I personally thought that the most newsworthy part of this story is that at some point in her life, Barbara Walters had a sex drive!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

I don't like to think about it!:)

Fotbol
05-02-2008, 09:42 AM
U Crazy:crazy:

Adidas410s
05-02-2008, 09:42 AM
Maybe, I am ignorant in your eyes, so no harm no foul, if I was a smart guy, then this would be news, but you really don't have to read anything I post, you have that right, SMART GUY!

:confused: :confused: :confused:

Adidas410s
05-02-2008, 09:43 AM

OH DEER!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

pirate4state
05-02-2008, 09:54 AM
I personally thought that the most newsworthy part of this story is that at some point in her life, Barbara Walters had a sex drive!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: :spitlol: :spitlol: :spitlol: :clap:

Originally posted by fotbol
...Race, i feel can be talked about on here...

No, it really can't.