PDA

View Full Version : Celina's Famed 10-1 Defense

GreenMonster
05-01-2008, 10:45 PM
Anyone have any video I might be able to get my hands on? The coaching staff that I am on has been invited to come down and visit with Coach Ford and the gang and watch practice, but we haven't been able to secure any video. We want to take a good look at what they do (formations, down and distance, etc) and try to incorporate some of it into our package. We are trying to get our kids more aggressive and this seems to be the very best defense out there for pinning your ears back and just getting after it.

LH Panther Mom
05-01-2008, 10:55 PM
I'm sure they could show you some video, but then they'd have to kill you. ;)

Old Tiger
05-02-2008, 12:02 AM
I saw a video of it somewhere but I can't recall where it was....sorry.

Old Tiger
05-02-2008, 12:04 AM
nvm i found it

http://video.google.com/googleplayer.swf?docid=4081631171919841410&hl=en

Emerson1
05-02-2008, 12:07 AM
So it's basically a 4-4

kepdawg
05-02-2008, 12:11 AM
Originally posted by Emerson1
So it's basically a 4-4

They rarely run a true 10-1. When they do it is obvious.

hookandladder
05-02-2008, 07:48 AM
Originally posted by GreenMonster
Anyone have any video I might be able to get my hands on? The coaching staff that I am on has been invited to come down and visit with Coach Ford and the gang and watch practice, but we haven't been able to secure any video. We want to take a good look at what they do (formations, down and distance, etc) and try to incorporate some of it into our package. We are trying to get our kids more aggressive and this seems to be the very best defense out there for pinning your ears back and just getting after it.

If you are a High School Coach and wanting this info, I would suggest that you go to the old coach web site. Most members on this board are arm chair coaches like myself. Mostly mommy's and daddy's and high school kids. The Old Coach is 99% real coaches.

Hill Man
05-02-2008, 08:42 AM
Originally posted by kepdawg
They rarely run a true 10-1. When they do it is obvious.

It was obvious when they played Liberty Hill in the 06 title game..They put 10 in the box to stop the slot-t...
They should have tried putting 1 in the box and 10 back... but I do not think that would have worked either:D :D :D :D

Sweetwater Red
05-02-2008, 10:50 AM
What's so special about Celina's 10-1? Vernon has been
knocking us out of the playoffs with the 10-1 for years.:(

NastySlot
05-02-2008, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red

I guess maybe Celina has been winning state championship for a while with it???????

kepdawg
05-02-2008, 10:51 AM

Knocking Sweetwater out of the playoffs isn't the goal for most teams, especially not Celina!

Sweetwater Red
05-02-2008, 10:53 AM
Originally posted by NastySlot
I guess maybe Celina has been winning state championship for a while with it???????

Knew this was coming.:thinking:

icu812
Originally posted by Emerson1
So it's basically a 4-4

No. How many defenders are at the los depends upon how many offensive players are at the los. Defense adjusts to what the offense is doing. If the offense has 10 at the los (spread) so does the D. If the offense is in the power i for example the defense would have a 8-3 look. Thats my understanding anyway. I believe Celina attacks the outside gaps widening out at the los. Man up and attack. Gotta love it.

Sweetwater Red
Knocking Sweetwater out of the playoffs isn't the goal for most teams, especially not Celina!

This too.

crzyjournalist03
05-02-2008, 11:01 AM
This too.

at least there's always Detroit...

Old Tiger
05-02-2008, 12:28 PM
Knocking Sweetwater out of the playoffs isn't the goal for most teams, especially not Celina! hahahahahahhahaha :(

GreenMonster
05-02-2008, 05:32 PM
Originally posted by hookandladder
If you are a High School Coach and wanting this info, I would suggest that you go to the old coach web site. Most members on this board are arm chair coaches like myself. Mostly mommy's and daddy's and high school kids. The Old Coach is 99% real coaches. Great answer Captain Obvious, but incase you haven't heard The Old Coach has been bought out by Rivals. #1, I'm not a member and #2, there just aren't very many coaches that actually visit that site anymore because of the change. I've been around the Downlow long enough to get a straight answer from some of the Celina folk about where I might be able to find some video and I trust them. Therefore, I choose to go through my Downlow family for the trusted information that I am in search of.

Sincerely,
The Green Monster

p.s. There are a couple of links posted above from those Celina fans that I trusted to come through for me. Thanks guys, I truly appreciate it.

bobcat1
05-03-2008, 05:39 AM
Originally posted by Hill Man
It was obvious when they played Liberty Hill in the 06 title game..They put 10 in the box to stop the slot-t...
They should have tried putting 1 in the box and 10 back... but I do not think that would have worked either:D :D :D :D :lies: :tisk:

I think Celina would like another crack at the Slot T of the purple people. Might get that wish this year in regionals if both make it that far. ;) :taunt: