PDA

View Full Version : Sweeny people

Necks_Fan
05-01-2008, 10:17 PM
How is Sweeny baseball doing?

Are they still playing? I have no idea because I don't keep up with HS baseball at all.

So have they been eliminated? Is Hornbeck (sp.) going to play college ball?

If so, where?

trojan37
05-01-2008, 10:22 PM
3abaseball.com shows Sweeny ranked at #15 in the state, and also won their district. I don't know anything else, but I'm not from Sweeney either.:D

g$$
05-01-2008, 10:32 PM
Originally posted by Necks_Fan
How is Sweeny baseball doing?

Are they still playing? I have no idea because I don't keep up with HS baseball at all.

So have they been eliminated? Is Hornbeck (sp.) going to play college ball?

If so, where?

SWEENY won District 24-3A (w/ only one district loss) in baseball. They earned the bye this week & will probably play Hardin-Jefferson in the 2nd round. Softball ended up 3rd after seedings tourney & lost last weekend to Giddings. They will return the whole team as they had no seniors this past year.

Senior Riley Hornback signed with San Jac. He's had a fine year/career & will probably be an OF for the Gators in college. He pitches & plays SS for Sweeny, very good stats hitting too. Brother Ryan is a junior C/P/INF & a solid player too. Aaron Rollins (junior) is Sweeny's #2 starter & steady player as well. VV transfer Mitch Ferrell has helped them too. Been a team effort for them all year & lots of kids have stepped up. Zajicek, Cook, Setzer, Wright, Nallie, Berry, & others. Coach Scott Carter won his 300th HS game during the year as well (4th year as Sweeny's Head Coach). They have played a good brand of ball & won't be an easy out in the playoffs.

I'm sure the All-District, All-County, & other honors will be announced in the coming weeks. Hope that helps & best of luck to the Bulldogs.