PDA

View Full Version : Green Monster

VWG
05-01-2008, 10:03 PM
Holliday dismantled a good Vernon team in a warmup game 18-7.
I think the Eagles went yard 3-4 times against Whiteside & Clifton.
Think they can get by Brock in Region II?

GreenMonster
05-01-2008, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by VWG
Holliday dismantled a good Vernon team in a warmup game 18-7.
I think the Eagles went yard 3-4 times against Whiteside & Clifton.
Think they can get by Brock in Region II?

Yes. I've been around many good Holliday baseball teams and this year's is one of the best in my opinion. No weak spot, deep on the mound, and they just beat the cover off the baseball. I had to take it on the chin up close and personal 3 times this past season. They are good. Once you get deep in the play-offs everyone is good and luck plays such a huge role at that point, but I don't see anyone beating them in a best of 3 series in region 2. Kudos to Coach Wolf and the gang for another stellar season.

pirate4state
05-01-2008, 10:37 PM
Gotta love this program! :clap:

injuredinmelee
05-01-2008, 11:01 PM
They were good back in the day.

It official I am old.

VWG
05-02-2008, 04:40 PM
Originally posted by GreenMonster
Yes. I've been around many good Holliday baseball teams and this year's is one of the best in my opinion. No weak spot, deep on the mound, and they just beat the cover off the baseball. I had to take it on the chin up close and personal 3 times this past season. They are good. Once you get deep in the play-offs everyone is good and luck plays such a huge role at that point, but I don't see anyone beating them in a best of 3 series in region 2. Kudos to Coach Wolf and the gang for another stellar season.

Scary part is that they have tons of soph/junior talent. So, the next two years they will be loaded...... AGAIN.

GreenMonster
05-02-2008, 05:42 PM
Originally posted by VWG
Scary part is that they have tons of soph/junior talent. So, the next two years they will be loaded...... AGAIN.

My Principal was Wolf's assistant coach for 10-12 years prior to moving on to the Administrative realm. We talked about this very fact at lunch today. His actual comment was something like, "They are all young kids that are doing all the damage. I can't imagine what they are going to be like in another year or two." He had seen all these kids in Jr Hi and even before that in pee-wee league and he has been caught off guard by how well they have progressed as hitters. I don't think Wolf even knew how good this group of kids was going to come around.