carter08
05-01-2008, 07:33 PM
hi.

:]

Necks_Fan
05-01-2008, 09:01 PM
Originally posted by carter08
hi.

:] Long time no see on the board, although I do see you everyday in school.

carter08
05-01-2008, 09:24 PM
Originally posted by Necks_Fan
Long time no see on the board, although I do see you everyday in school.

yea.

how 'bout those Astros?

lol.

Necks_Fan
05-01-2008, 09:27 PM
yea.

how 'bout those Astros?

lol. I don't know what to think about the "Stros. Some days they look like World Champs and others they look like 2nd graders.

Talk about inconsistent and we can never get a decent bullpen.

carter08
05-01-2008, 09:37 PM
I don't know what to think about the "Stros. Some days they look like World Champs and others they look like 2nd graders.

Talk about inconsistent and we can never get a decent bullpen.

i miss the good days of the pen

lidge dotel wagner for the 7 8 9 slots. good times.

Necks_Fan
05-01-2008, 09:42 PM
i miss the good days of the pen

lidge dotel wagner for the 7 8 9 slots. good times. Hell, ever since I been watching them their bullpen has sucked.

I do remember "lights out Lidge," then it turned into "load 'em up Lidge."

:doh: :doh:

Houston just can't close out games. When you are winning by 4 runs in the 6th inning, you should be able to win, but not Houston.

carter08
05-01-2008, 09:47 PM
Hell, ever since I been watching them their bullpen has sucked.

I do remeber "lights out Lidge," then it turned into "load 'em up Lidge."

Houston just can't close out games. When you are winning by 4 runs in the 6th inning, you should be able to win, but not Houston.

pen was decent in 03. one of the best pens in the league that year i think.

then they got rid of wagner. dotel didn't adjust. lidge got a chance, and ended up blowing it.

Necks_Fan
05-01-2008, 09:52 PM
pen was decent in 03. one of the best pens in the league that year i think.

then they got rid of wagner. dotel didn't adjust. lidge got a chance, and ended up blowing it. 03 is too far in the past for me to think about. I don't compare this team to the 05 world series team.

carter08
05-01-2008, 10:02 PM
03 is too far in the past for me to think about. I don't compare this team to the 05 world series team.

because we let too many good pitchers go. otherwise this team could compare to those.

carlos hernandez could have helped so much if he'd stayed healthy. bullinger and gallo were adaquete relievers. heck, i even miss kirk saarlos

Necks_Fan
05-01-2008, 10:08 PM
because we let too many good pitchers go. otherwise this team could compare to those.

carlos hernandez could have helped so much if he'd stayed healthy. bullinger and gallo were adaquete relievers. heck, i even miss kirk saarlos Ole Saarloos. Lol. Gallo gave up some bombs every now and then. He never was my favorite reliever. What happened to those guys? Is Gallo retired yet?

I wonder.

zebrablue2
05-01-2008, 10:09 PM
Hell, ever since I been watching them their bullpen has sucked.

I do remember "lights out Lidge," then it turned into "load 'em up Lidge."

load'em up lidge has 6 saves already this year. fresh start, and healthy knee are working well. I always liked the guy. never made a excuse. he was a class act. I read somewhere quall's era over 13 innings is a 0.00. sure glad we gave up on these guys. they were, well, not so bad...

Necks_Fan
05-01-2008, 10:09 PM
And just for the record, Borkowski and Moehler(sp.) need to hit the curb right NOW.

Necks_Fan
05-01-2008, 10:12 PM
Originally posted by zebrablue2
load'em up lidge has 6 saves already this year. fresh start, and healthy knee are working well. I always liked the guy. never made a excuse. he was a class act. I read somewhere quall's era over 13 innings is a 0.00. sure glad we gave up on these guys. they were, well, not so bad... He also has a few blown saves as well. Qualls does have a nice ERA of 0 but also has a losing record (0-1).

They didn't give up on Qualls either. They traded him for Valverde who was the National League leader in saves in 07.

After a rough start, he has pitched pretty well himself.

Lidge needed to go. He wasn't going to succeed in Houston and they got a good prospect out of the deal too (Bourn).

carter08
05-02-2008, 07:54 AM
He also has a few blown saves as well. Qualls does have a nice ERA of 0 but also has a losing record (0-1).

They didn't give up on Qualls either. They traded him for Valverde who was the National League leader in saves in 07.

After a rough start, he has pitched pretty well himself.

Lidge needed to go. He wasn't going to succeed in Houston and they got a good prospect out of the deal too (Bourn).

if his era is 0, then you can't blame him for the loss. he didn't give up a 3 run shot or anything

Necks_Fan
05-02-2008, 03:23 PM
if his era is 0, then you can't blame him for the loss. he didn't give up a 3 run shot or anything He may have given up a double with a guy on first or a single with a guy on 2nd though.

Obviously the go ahead run scored when he was pitching but just wasn't charged to him, either that or he gave up a run, it just wasn't earned. That's possible too.

carter08
05-03-2008, 09:12 AM
He may have given up a double with a guy on first or a single with a guy on 2nd though.

Obviously the go ahead run scored when he was pitching but just wasn't charged to him, either that or he gave up a run, it just wasn't earned. That's possible too.

oh yeah
but still
0 is good