PDA

View Full Version : Bomb Threat At Sinton High School!!

sinfan75
05-01-2008, 05:08 PM
This I'm baffled with. They get a letter from some sicko sayin they are gonna blow the school up May 1, today. Now this is what I don't get. The powers that be decide that this was a serious enough threat to cancel TAKS testing, but they want the kids to come in and resume regular classes today. Now this was announced yesterday at 4 pm. No students were in school. If they took this serious enough to cancel testing why would they want the kids to come to school at all. I didn't know about this until this morning. It just pisses me off that school officials decide it's too dangerous to have tests going on but the kids can still come to school. Sorry that don't make sense to me. I just called my daughter who is a senior to just go in at noon like they were still taking tests.

Emerson1
05-01-2008, 05:09 PM
Morons. Do they really think parents would actually send their kids to school?

LH Panther Mom
05-01-2008, 05:14 PM
WOW! :doh: :doh:

SintonFan_inAustin
05-01-2008, 05:18 PM
Letter that was sent to students was there was a writing on a lunch table saying that dont worry about TAKS test the school will blow up on May 1st. Letter said testing would go on as all precautions would be taken before the school opened today. So it said if u missed school it would be a unexcuse absent. Apparently all students were checked before going inside of the school today.

DDBooger
05-01-2008, 05:18 PM
Originally posted by sinfan75
This I'm baffled with. They get a letter from some sicko sayin they are gonna blow the school up May 1, today. Now this is what I don't get. The powers that be decide that this was a serious enough threat to cancel TAKS testing, but they want the kids to come in and resume regular classes today. Now this was announced yesterday at 4 pm. No students were in school. If they took this serious enough to cancel testing why would they want the kids to come to school at all. I didn't know about this until this morning. It just pisses me off that school officials decide it's too dangerous to have tests going on but the kids can still come to school. Sorry that don't make sense to me. I just called my daughter who is a senior to just go in at noon like they were still taking tests. i believe the schools get paid per attendance, correct? its mighty costly, even if their is a bomb threat. not saying what they did was right, but perhaps explaining what they did:thinking:

sinfan75
05-01-2008, 05:22 PM
I didn't hear about this until about 9 this morning. Guy I work with said he saw on the news at noon. Thats what you call informing the parents in a timely manner right? This was all about the school losing all that money because the kids wouldn't be in school. Who cares about their safety!

SintonFan_inAustin
05-01-2008, 05:23 PM
my nephew brought home the letter yesterday around 3 pm

sinfan75
05-01-2008, 05:26 PM
My daughter knew nothing about it. Neither did some other people in town with kids in high school

sinfan75
05-01-2008, 05:28 PM
They sent a letter sayin there was a bomb threat?

SintonFan_inAustin
letter did say taks test would go on, but last night they decided to postpone testing til Monday

Emerson1
Ours sounded more eventful.

They locked us down for an hour after they got the thread, which seems even dumber then this. Then they took us outside and we got on busses and went to another school. Oddly enough 3 weeks before because of that new state legislature we practiced getting on and off of a bus.

After that all hell broke lose. Parents sat outside the other school for hours trying to get their kids, while some pulled up and had them in 10 minutes.

It was crazy

maroonpirate04
05-01-2008, 05:29 PM
I read the letter yesterday that a co-worker showed me at work and thought it was stupid that the principal asking parents to send there kids to school. Since the 1999 Columbine disaster there have been reports of shootings and bomb threats in high school campuses around the U.S. have risen. Just yesterday another school was under attack in Chesterfield. This is disturbing news :mad:

SintonFan_inAustin
05-01-2008, 05:29 PM
They sent a letter sayin there was a bomb threat? yes, teacher discovered the writing on a desk and letters was given out

sinfan75
05-01-2008, 05:35 PM
My daughter and a lot of seniors get out at 2:50. She never got no letter. Still not a good idea to want kids to come to school with the chance of getting blown to you no what.

sinton66
05-01-2008, 06:12 PM
The story I got says they knew it was a hoax from the beginning. As a precaution, after everyone was out at 4:30 yesterday, the school brought in 3 dogs to sniff it out. The entire place was thoroughly searched. There were police officers on campus all night patrolling inside and out. There were officers on campus this morning including city, county, State Troopers, and Texas Rangers. There wasn't any real danger.

FrmSTx
05-01-2008, 06:52 PM
My daughter and a lot of seniors get out at 2:50. She never got no letter. Still not a good idea to want kids to come to school with the chance of getting blown to you no what.

Do you really think a school would want kids in the building if they didnt think it was absolutly secure? It doesn't come down to dollars, it comes down to kids needing to be in school. If you dont have faith in your school, take your kids elsewhere. Every school has dealt with this. Heck, every jh, high school and college i have been to has had this happen. Kids need to be in school, procedures are in place to make sure that school resumes as quickly as possible.

I dont work at Sinton, nor do my kids go to school there, just letting you know, that if school didnt resume, some other idiot would make another bomb threat tomorrow, and so on, and so forth, and school would never be in session.

dozones of bomb threats happen everyday at schools accross Texas