PDA

View Full Version : Stimulus Checks....... Unbelievable!!!!!!

nobogey72
05-01-2008, 05:00 PM
It's amazing how 2 people can be married 31 yrs and be so different. I got my check today and put it straight in savings. I called my wife to see if she got hers. She said she got hers too. She had already gotten her $600.00, gone to Sam's Club and bought $500.00 worth of "Slim Jims".:doh: She said the remaining $100.00 she was " just gonna blow".:doh:

Antec
05-01-2008, 05:29 PM
Lets see my wife will use her share to pay for where she works out at Wharton County Junior College training facility

lets see for mine- Buy some Shiner Bock, vinyl records on Ebay, spend rest at Best Buy

I_DONT_CARE
05-01-2008, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by nobogey72
It's amazing how 2 people can be married 31 yrs and be so different. I got my check today and put it straight in savings. I called my wife to see if she got hers. She said she got hers too. She had already gotten her $600.00, gone to Sam's Club and bought $500.00 worth of "Slim Jims".:doh: She said the remaining $100.00 she was " just gonna blow".:doh:
YOU FILE SEPARATE RETURNS? :doh:

NastySlot
05-01-2008, 06:52 PM
I told my wife the other day I going to use some of the money to buy a kayak....to use on the river when I fish.....well she quickly changed my mind when she told me the check would be spent on closing cost to build our house........ i guess that would be the house that she wears the pants in.

Antec
05-01-2008, 07:00 PM
we split it

PHS Wildcats
05-01-2008, 07:46 PM
Originally posted by nobogey72

lol

westcoast54
05-01-2008, 08:28 PM
Originally posted by NastySlot
I told my wife the other day I going to use some of the money to buy a kayak....to use on the river when I fish.....well she quickly changed my mind when she told me the check would be spent on closing cost to build our house........ i guess that would be the house that she wears the pants in.

I feel your pain! LOL!!!!

jason
05-09-2008, 11:00 AM
got mine deposited last night - woohoo....

eppy 12
05-09-2008, 11:02 AM
Originally posted by NastySlot
http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l239/eppy12/sailorsam.jpg

themsu97
05-09-2008, 11:03 AM
we are going to Disney... then of course we may have to move sooooooo...

BuffyMars
05-09-2008, 03:35 PM
ours will go right back to uncle sam. greedy bast..........ONIAN. :catredx:

gap8d
05-09-2008, 03:48 PM
I was expecting mine today, but it never came in. . .what's the deal with that? anyone have a good explanation???

Gap

bullfrog_alumni_02
05-09-2008, 03:52 PM
we got one of them already...just waiting on the other. i think im gonna buy pizza...$600 worth of pizza.

crzyjournalist03
05-09-2008, 04:41 PM
I've had friends who found out that if you owe college loans, the treasury sends you a notice congratulating you on your stimulus check and announcing that it's being transferred to help pay off your loans.

Lion_Addict
05-09-2008, 06:19 PM
$1800 deposited in the bank TODAY....WOOHOO!!! :cheerl: :D

Bull Butter
05-09-2008, 06:26 PM
what's the schedule of when checks are to be mailed out?

piratebg
05-09-2008, 07:08 PM
Originally posted by gap8d
I was expecting mine today, but it never came in. . .what's the deal with that? anyone have a good explanation???

Gap

I was expecting mine today too, but it still hasn't been deposited. I called their stimulus hotline but couldn't get through due to a high number of calls.

JasperDog94
05-09-2008, 08:28 PM
Originally posted by BuffyMars
ours will go right back to uncle sam. greedy bast..........ONIAN. :catredx: Hey. Somebody has to pay for all the free healthcare for illegals...;)

CheerMom
05-09-2008, 10:56 PM
Mine is supposed to hit the bank before the 16th. I went to the "where's my stimulus payment" site and it doesn't give me any info, which says it should one week before you receive it.
Where did you find a hotline number?

turbostud
05-09-2008, 11:05 PM
Mine is going to pay off my Valero and Citgo gas cards which I can no longer keep up with.

Thanks Bush and Cheney. Its going right back into the Fat Cats pocket.
Only in America.

piratebg
05-09-2008, 11:19 PM
Okay, now I know where mine is. Because I used Trubo Tax to file my return, I will be receiving mine throught the mail toward the middle/end of June. :mad: :mad: :mad:

gap8d
05-10-2008, 07:02 AM
I guess mine won't come in either because I used Tax Act. Crap--I didn't see that info posted anywhere on using online tax software.

Oh well, I'll just keep on scraping by!!!

Gap

BwdLion_80
05-10-2008, 07:30 AM
Originally posted by piratebg
Okay, now I know where mine is. Because I used Trubo Tax to file my return, I will be receiving mine throught the mail toward the middle/end of June. :mad: :mad: :mad:

I did not see anything about using turbo tax. Is that a problem. I used it too and I did not get mine this week either.

gatordaze
05-10-2008, 08:54 AM
You do realize that this stimulus check is just an advance.

When you file your 2008 taxes and receive your refund in 2009. The amount of your stimulus check will be deducted from your refund.

Little detail that they leave out. Google it!

CheerMom
05-10-2008, 09:54 AM

Where did you see this?

Bull Butter
05-10-2008, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by gatordaze
You do realize that this stimulus check is just an advance.

When you file your 2008 taxes and receive your refund in 2009. The amount of your stimulus check will be deducted from your refund.

Little detail that they leave out. Google it!

From the IRS website........

What is it? It's an economic stimulus payment that more than 130 million households will receive starting in May. It's not taxable, and it won't reduce your 2007 or 2008 refund or increase the amount you owe when you file your 2008 return.

http://www.irs.gov/newsroom/article/0,,id=179211,00.html

Necks_Fan
05-10-2008, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by turbostud
Mine is going to pay off my Valero and Citgo gas cards which I can no longer keep up with.

Only in America. Yea, I guess that it's all our President and Vice-Presidents fault and no-one else's right?

"Only in America"---- Gets me everytime---

"Only in America" presidents steal from the Whitehouse, cheat on their wives, etc.

Be thankful we don't have a dictator who runs around blowing up his country and killing innocent civilians.

Have you ever tried being thankful for what you do have instead of pissing and moaning about other things?

Reds fan
05-10-2008, 12:15 PM

Only in America.

Let's see.....oil prices started this rise AFTER the 2006 congressional elections...............................

Gobbla2001
05-10-2008, 12:24 PM
lol... everything turns to politics...

"what a cute dog, I think I'm gunna buy it..."

"you sure it's worth the drive? I mean with Bush and his high gas prices you might come out on the losing end here..."

LET US DRILL PEOPLE!!!

Reds fan
05-10-2008, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001

LET US DRILL PEOPLE!!!

:iagree: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Necks_Fan
05-10-2008, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by Reds fan
Let's see.....oil prices started this rise AFTER the 2006 congressional elections............................... Probably just a coincidence.;)

:thinking:

piratebg
05-10-2008, 07:30 PM
Originally posted by CheerMom
Where did you see this?

http://turbotax.intuit.com/support/kb/tax-content/tax-tips/6255.html

STANG RED
05-10-2008, 11:11 PM

Only in America.

I guess you could always move to Europe.

Of course gas has always been 3 to 4 times higher over there and still is. Buy hey, knock yourself out buddy.
You'll even get a taste of that wonderful socialized medicine while your over there.
See you when you come crying back to home.

Emerson1
05-10-2008, 11:19 PM
Originally posted by Necks_Fan

Be thankful we don't have a dictator who runs around blowing up his country and killing innocent civilians.

Have you ever tried being thankful for what you do have instead of pissing and moaning about other things?
Wow, necks said something intelligent! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

:kiss:

pirate4state
05-11-2008, 03:09 PM
Okay, now I know where mine is. Because I used Trubo Tax to file my return, I will be receiving mine throught the mail toward the middle/end of June. :mad: :mad: :mad: Weird. I used Turbo Tax and received mine on Wednesday. You sure it isn't because you didn't have your refund direct deposited?

pirate4state
05-11-2008, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
lol... everything turns to politics...

just checking in :tisk: :tisk: :tisk:

:blahblah:

KingRob
05-11-2008, 05:59 PM
Originally posted by STANG RED
I guess you could always move to Europe.

Of course gas has always been 3 to 4 times higher over there and still is. Buy hey, knock yourself out buddy.
You'll even get a taste of that wonderful socialized medicine while your over there.
See you when you come crying back to home.

Europe isn't as bad as you might think. I've been over here a while now, and it's kinda home for me. However, I still get homesick now and again, but such is life.
Thank God for the internet. Makes it so much easier to follow my Mighty Gobblers. I do miss Whataburger too, and good mescan food.

:hijacktd:

piratebg
05-11-2008, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Weird. I used Turbo Tax and received mine on Wednesday. You sure it isn't because you didn't have your refund direct deposited?

My refund was direct deposited. :(

LH Panther Mom
05-11-2008, 07:21 PM
My refund was direct deposited. :(
Did you have the fee for electronic filing taken out of your refund check or did you pay for it up front when you filed the refund?

piratebg
05-11-2008, 07:24 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Did you have the fee for electronic filing taken out of your refund check or did you pay for it up front when you filed the refund?

Yes. That is the deciding factor right there. If I hadn't then I would have gotten my money right now.

LH Panther Mom
05-11-2008, 07:32 PM
Yes. That is the deciding factor right there. If I hadn't then I would have gotten my money right now.
Yes, you had it taken from your refund or yes, you paid when you filed? :p

piratebg
05-11-2008, 07:34 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Yes, you had it taken from your refund or yes, you paid when you filed? :p

Sorry. Yes, it was taken out of my refund.