PDA

View Full Version : huge news

BuffyMars
05-01-2008, 01:14 PM
i am 14 hours smoke free! :)

i finally bought the patch, and i have to admit, they work better than people think.

but i really believe you have to have the mindset of. "ok, i am ready to finally do this!"

terry has been dip free for almost a week now.

and no worries, we won't be the average former smokers or dippers who harp on current users. you know who you are....and you really annoy more than you help current addicts. :mad:

anyhow, please keep us in your thoughts and hope that we don't kill each other.

and i must admit, i already feel like a brand new person. its extremely liberating to say the least.

AND....we even started working out again. my god! my lungs had forgotten how good it feels after you've been running. :dispntd:

pirate4state
05-01-2008, 01:22 PM
man, i thought you were gonna tell us that you were knocked up! :hand:

congrats on being smoke free

i haven't had a cigarette in over a month :eek:

Adidas410s
05-01-2008, 01:25 PM
I quit Dr Pepper on 7/20/07...to this day the hardest thing I've ever done. I used to be the kid that would drink 3-4 Big Swig's (44 oz drink from Skinny's) every day since I was 14 or 15. It's amazing...I lost 20 lbs by giving up Dr Pepper and switching to Coke Zero and Diet Coke.

Best of luck to ya...I can only imagine how hard it would be to totally give up caffeine for me.

coachc45
05-01-2008, 01:26 PM
Congrats!

I quit dipping on January 4 2007. After 24 years. It was the hardest thing I had ever done. I had tried to quit for every reason under the sun.... finally this time I just decided it was time.
Took this time.

One thing that helped me was this...... I took and put 4 dollars (the amount I spent on snuff per day) everyday in a jar in the top of my closet. I watched how quickly it grew. Took my kids to Schlitterbahn in July and got a new Tattoo with the money. Amazing how quickly it added up.

Sweetwater Red
05-01-2008, 01:28 PM
:devil: :evillol: :devil:

http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg53/detroit8990/Marlboro_Red___Lights.jpg

BuffyMars
05-01-2008, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red

well luckily for me that isn't what i used, lol.

i did years ago....but now those have no effect on me.

and thanks for the encouragement everyone! and rita.... CONGRATS!!!! :clap: :clap:

thanks for sharing all of your stories.

and adidas....we switched to coke zero as well. i tried diet drinks and the aspertame aftertaste kills me. but finally they got coke zero right. :)

coach
05-01-2008, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red

wow ur a punk lol

Adidas410s
05-01-2008, 01:40 PM
There is nothing better than Cherry Coke Zero! :)

44INAROW
05-01-2008, 01:43 PM
Good Luck Buffy and Terry... and you are right - you have to be ready.. I hope it works this time for you - and if you "slip" - don't be discouraged - wake up the next day and start again.. ;)

crzyjournalist03
05-01-2008, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
There is nothing better than Cherry Coke Zero! :)

They make that?

I'll have to try it...my wife tried to get me on Coke Zero a couple of months ago and I hated it...but then again, I'm not a big fan of Coca Cola...but Cherry Coke...now that's another story!

Old Green
05-01-2008, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by BuffyMars
i am 14 hours smoke free! :)

i finally bought the patch, and i have to admit, they work better than people think.

but i really believe you have to have the mindset of. "ok, i am ready to finally do this!"

terry has been dip free for almost a week now.

and no worries, we won't be the average former smokers or dippers who harp on current users. you know who you are....and you really annoy more than you help current addicts. :mad:

anyhow, please keep us in your thoughts and hope that we don't kill each other.

and i must admit, i already feel like a brand new person. its extremely liberating to say the least.

AND....we even started working out again. my god! my lungs had forgotten how good it feels after you've been running. :dispntd: Congrats on quitting smoking. I've been 33 days smoke free myself.

kaorder1999
05-01-2008, 01:58 PM
keep up the good work!

Sweetwater Red
05-01-2008, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by coach
wow ur a punk lol

I got your punk foo.:rolleyes: :hand:

Adidas410s
05-01-2008, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
They make that?

I'll have to try it...my wife tried to get me on Coke Zero a couple of months ago and I hated it...but then again, I'm not a big fan of Coca Cola...but Cherry Coke...now that's another story!
yeah the Coke Zero is ok...but the Cherry Coke Zero is greatness! I keep a case at home and in my office! :)

BuffyMars
05-01-2008, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by Old Green
Congrats on quitting smoking. I've been 33 days smoke free myself.

hey congrats to you too! :)

and i bought some cherry coke zero and some vanilla coke zero last night. i hope they are good. :hairpunk:

Txbroadcaster
05-01-2008, 02:13 PM
hey congrats to you too! :)

and i bought some cherry coke zero and some vanilla coke zero last night. i hope they are good. :hairpunk:

u liked them the first time..u just dont remember LOL

Texasfootball2
05-01-2008, 02:15 PM
:smoker: :smoker: :smoker: :smoker: :2thumbsup Just think of how much $$$$$$$ your going to save.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
05-01-2008, 02:58 PM
I quit drinking sodas a couple of years ago. Granted I do drink one on occasion, it is pretty rare when I do.

nobogey72
05-01-2008, 03:54 PM
Congrats on quitting--- both of you, and at the same time, that's impressive. Giving up Nicotine is way tougher than non-smokers or non-dippers think. Just imagine how hard it would be to quit some of the really addictive stuff.

Now, enough about all that. You've gone a long time without posting some weird crap. And, I for one, have noticed. Come on!!! You just gotta get back on that horse!!!:cheerl: :cheerl: :cheerl:

BuffyMars
05-01-2008, 03:56 PM
18 hours!!!!! :D

BuffyMars
05-01-2008, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by nobogey72
Congrats on quitting--- both of you, and at the same time, that's impressive. Giving up Nicotine is way tougher than non-smokers or non-dippers think. Just imagine how hard it would be to quit some of the really addictive stuff.

Now, enough about all that. You've gone a long time without posting some weird crap. And, I for one, have noticed. Come on!!! You just gotta get back on that horse!!!:cheerl: :cheerl: :cheerl:

i have been trying to be good and considerate of others. ;) but danggit its been hard! :hairpunk:

Emerson1
05-01-2008, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
I quit Dr Pepper on 7/20/07...to this day the hardest thing I've ever done. I used to be the kid that would drink 3-4 Big Swig's (44 oz drink from Skinny's) every day since I was 14 or 15. It's amazing...I lost 20 lbs by giving up Dr Pepper and switching to Coke Zero and Diet Coke.

Best of luck to ya...I can only imagine how hard it would be to totally give up caffeine for me.
I stopped drinking soda regularly January 9th. I will have one here and there if it's the only thing available but no where near like I used to

It was hard the first month or so, but now I can't even finish a whole one. I just sip so I don't choke on whatever I'm eating

nobogey72
05-01-2008, 04:37 PM
i have been trying to be good and considerate of others. ;) but danggit its been hard! :hairpunk:

Well, this has been kept secret long enough. I own the 3A Downlow, and I appoint and annoint all the mods and have total control of everything downlow. And I hereby give you permission to post all the weird crap you want. And if anybody has a problem with it they can come see me. And I will then in turn introduce them to my wife. Nuff said!!!!!! :) :D

BobcatBenny
05-01-2008, 07:17 PM
Wew, when I saw the title of this thread I thought Buffy had snuck a peek at me in the shower! ;)

I am relieved to find out that I didn't turn her onto cigars. :D

BuffyMars
05-05-2008, 10:48 AM
still going strong. :)

i must admit, i did have a momentary relapse over the weekend, but it was only 1/2 of the little devils.

and i was a little inebriated.

but i am back strong again. and still running daily. :)

thank you jesus!!!!!!!!!

pirate4state
05-05-2008, 10:49 AM
I've been bad :doh: :(

BuffyMars
05-05-2008, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
I've been bad :doh: :(

ohhhhh nooooooo!! :(

HOLD STRONG RITA!!! PEACE OUT!!

JasperDog94
05-05-2008, 03:38 PM
Stay strong now and it will pay off in the long run.:cheerl:

Txbroadcaster
05-05-2008, 03:57 PM
for the most part Buffy and I have had no problems, actually been easier for us I think than we though it would be

Dogman_1969
05-05-2008, 06:21 PM
Good luck on quitting. My family all smoked but I never got into it. I just wish I could loose about 45 lbs but I tend not have the will power.......