PDA

View Full Version : Need new pictures !

Rocket Dad
05-01-2008, 11:58 AM
For the home page. No disrespect to Celina or L.H., just thought it was time to move on to some new pictures, how about honoring two 3A schools each week by putting their picture on the home page of the Downlow?

Sweetwater Red
05-01-2008, 12:02 PM
There's a homepage!:eek:

Txbroadcaster
05-01-2008, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by Rocket Dad
For the home page. No disrespect to Celina or L.H., just thought it was time to move on to some new pictures, how about honoring two 3A schools each week by putting their picture on the home page of the Downlow?

I disagree..they won state and should stay there till new teams are crowned champs

AP Panther Fan
05-01-2008, 12:25 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
There's a homepage!:eek:

hahaha, right? :D

Texasfootball2
05-01-2008, 12:29 PM
How about a Web Cam on top of the Pressbox at ole Bulldog stadium so everyone could check in and watch the new field turf as they put it in. :D

garciap77
05-01-2008, 12:32 PM

Great idea!

pirate4state
05-01-2008, 01:17 PM
For the home page. No disrespect to Celina or L.H., just thought it was time to move on to some new pictures, how about honoring two 3A schools each week by putting their picture on the home page of the Downlow? Where would we get these pictures?

kepdawg
05-01-2008, 01:19 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Where would we get these pictures?

From the 2008 state champions!

pirate4state
05-01-2008, 01:20 PM
Originally posted by kepdawg
From the 2008 state champions!

I know that you know that he is suggesting NEW pictures from DIFFERENT schools that are currently represented on the home page!

All I want to know is WHO will be providing these new pictures or are we expected to go out looking for them?

Sweetwater Red
05-01-2008, 01:22 PM

All I want to know is WHO will be providing these new pictures or are we expected to go out looking for them?

Who ever takes a picture at the softball and baseball SC games.:thinking:

pirate4state
05-01-2008, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
Who ever takes a picture at the softball and baseball SC games.:thinking:

Huh? I just thought he wanted random pictures of 2 different schools? :confused:

Lion_Addict
05-01-2008, 01:26 PM
I'm still waiting to see "Brownwood" under the "3A Towns" section :thinking: :D

pirate4state
05-01-2008, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by Lion_Addict
I'm still waiting to see "Brownwood" under the "3A Towns" section :thinking: :D HAHA. We'll be updating those links very soon. :)

Sweetwater Red
05-01-2008, 01:32 PM
Huh? I just thought he wanted random pictures of 2 different schools? :confused:

I was suggesting what the next two pics should be. The two
teams that win the SC in baseball and softball.

Lion_Addict
05-01-2008, 01:34 PM
HAHA. We'll be updating those links very soon. :)

Thank you maam..... :2thumbsup

Sweetwater Red
05-01-2008, 01:42 PM

There's not enough room right now to fit you in. Wait until after
the next realignment. You can take Wylie's place on the the
list of "3A Towns".:thinking: :D :devil:

kepdawg
05-01-2008, 01:51 PM
I know that you know that he is suggesting NEW pictures from DIFFERENT schools that are currently represented on the home page!

Well, he should have put it in the right forum! ;)

pirate4state
05-01-2008, 02:00 PM
Well, he should have put it in the right forum! ;) And ruin your fun?

kepdawg
05-01-2008, 02:00 PM
And ruin your fun?

The more the merrier!

LH Panther Mom
05-01-2008, 03:51 PM
Here's my thought. Not just no, but heck no! During football, there's already enough :bigcry: :weeping: :bigcry: :weeping: :flaming: because team A vs team B was picked for game of the week instead of team Y vs team Z. :ack!:

I guess we could go back to the one people whined about last summer when we were putting it together. :thinking: :rolleyes:

pirate4state
05-01-2008, 04:05 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Here's my thought. Not just no, but heck no! During football, there's already enough :bigcry: :weeping: :bigcry: :weeping: :flaming: because team A vs team B was picked for game of the week instead of team Y vs team Z. :ack!:

I guess we could go back to the one people whined about last summer when we were putting it together. :thinking: :rolleyes:

Uh no. I was included in those whiners! I hated that picture! :mad:

LH Panther Mom
05-01-2008, 04:07 PM
Uh no. I was included in those whiners! I hated that picture! :mad: That's okay. :)

pirate4state
05-01-2008, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
That's okay. :)

Well you could put it up and I could take it back down. :devil: :tongue: :D

LH Panther Mom
05-01-2008, 04:10 PM
Well you could put it up and I could take it back down. :devil: :tongue: :D
Hey, I was just saying... :p

AP Panther Fan
05-01-2008, 04:15 PM

LOL...I think I know where you can get some.:evillol:

You might be running into (or tripping over) a certain photographer soon. :cool:

KingRob
05-01-2008, 04:15 PM
Just put pictures of Cuero in there. Everyone likes Cuero!

:p

LH Panther Mom
05-01-2008, 04:16 PM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan

You might be running into (or tripping over) a certain photographer soon. :cool:
:1popcorn: :1popcorn: :1popcorn:

crzyjournalist03
05-01-2008, 04:21 PM

that's what she said...

Nursebetty
05-01-2008, 08:55 PM
Originally posted by KingRob
Just put pictures of Cuero in there. Everyone likes Cuero!

:p

You got that right!!!!!!!!!! GO MEAN GREEN!!!!!!! But, all kidding aside, I agree with the poster who suggested to leave the pictures that are currently there. These teams won state and deserve to stay there until the next state champs are decided!!!:)

LH Panther Mom
05-01-2008, 10:12 PM
Once the Region and District pages start the transformation for the upcoming football season, I'm sure new pictures will be loaded on those pages. :)

Ranger Mom
05-01-2008, 10:24 PM

HA!!

That reminded me of that smilie I was supposed to show Rita that reminds me of someone

http://66.98.176.96/~tricia/forums/images/smilies/fresh%20smilie.gif

pirate4state
05-01-2008, 10:26 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
HA!!

That reminded me of that smilie I was supposed to show Rita that reminds me of someone

ROFLMAO! OMG :spitlol: :spitlol: :spitlol:

sinton66
05-01-2008, 10:44 PM

Ask and you shall receive.

Lion_Addict
05-02-2008, 06:18 AM
Originally posted by sinton66
Ask and you shall receive.

WoooHooo!! :cheerl: My next request will be for a 20 something year old Swedish maid, oh mighty Genie ;) .....when shall I expect that? Thank ya muchly :D

44INAROW
05-02-2008, 08:36 AM
HA!!

:1omg!: :1omg!: :1popcorn::evillol: :evillol:

LH Panther Mom
05-02-2008, 08:38 AM
ROFLMAO! OMG :spitlol: :spitlol: :spitlol:

Originally posted by 44INAROW
:1omg!: :1omg!: :1popcorn::evillol: :evillol:
Ditto from me!!! LMAO!

Lion_Addict
05-02-2008, 09:00 AM
That was funny but........EWWWWWW! :ack!: :tmi:

Ranger Mom
05-02-2008, 09:17 AM
That was funny but........EWWWWWW! :ack!: :tmi:

I'm not sure what you are referring to!

If it's the "not so fresh smilie," it's one of those "location jokes".....you had to be there.:D :D

Chief Woodman
05-02-2008, 09:33 AM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
I disagree..they won state and should stay there till new teams are crowned champs

I agree EXCEPT...this is a 3 A SPORTS discussion not just football anymore. We do have new 3A champs. BASKETBALL!!! Therefore....the football champ pictures have overstayed their time. Put up pics of the Basketball champs untill track, softball and/or baseball is decided.

kepdawg
05-02-2008, 09:35 AM
Originally posted by Chief Woodman
I agree EXCEPT...this is a 3 A SPORTS discussion not just football anymore. We do have new 3A champs. BASKETBALL!!! Therefore....the football champ pictures have overstayed their time. Put up pics of the Basketball champs untill track, softball and/or baseball is decided.

I thought it was a 3A football site with 3A sports discussion on the forum. :thinking:

Ranger Mom
05-02-2008, 09:40 AM
I thought it was a 3A football site with 3A sports discussion on the forum. :thinking:

It IS a football site....that's just what we get for trying to be "PC"

From the home page:

Welcome to "the best little football site in Texas."

Entering its eighth season, providing full coverage of Class 3A High School Football in Texas.

The site is divided into regions, providing in-depth coverage of every district in the state, as well as statewide 3A football standings and history.

kepdawg
05-02-2008, 09:41 AM

From the home page:

Entering its eighth season, providing full coverage of Class 3A High School Football in Texas.

The site is divided into regions, providing in-depth coverage of every district in the state, as well as statewide 3A football standings and history.

Well, you know what you always say...

Ranger Mom
05-02-2008, 09:42 AM
Well, you know what you always say...

I do?:confused:

OHHHH!!!

We are damned if we do and damned if we don't??

LH Panther Mom
05-02-2008, 09:46 AM

From the home page:

Thank you! I was just about to say something. We discuss all sports, and many non-sports things. We provide information, rankings, schedules, etc on football on the home page.

Speaking as someone who has helped the R3 Editor upon occasion, and got feedback on the time involved, it would be more than could reasonably be handled to provide the same quality for all sports.

kepdawg
05-02-2008, 09:48 AM
I do?:confused:

OHHHH!!!

We are damned if we do and damned if we don't??

Well, I thought you would know what you always say since you always say it! Yes, that is what I was thinking of.

Ranger Mom
05-02-2008, 09:49 AM
Well, I thought you would know what you always say since you always say it! Yes, that is what I was thinking of.

It's still early in the morning.....I had to think about it for a sec!!:p

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
05-02-2008, 09:51 AM
This would look nice there:

http://photos-f.ak.facebook.com/photos-ak-sf2p/v231/131/76/8375884/n8375884_46090317_5266.jpg

Ranger Mom
05-02-2008, 09:52 AM
Originally posted by BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
This would look nice there:

http://photos-f.ak.facebook.com/photos-ak-sf2p/v231/131/76/8375884/n8375884_46090317_5266.jpg

That would be a fun "caption this" photo!!:devil:

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
05-02-2008, 09:54 AM

I guess all of my photos are good for that huh?

pirate4state
05-02-2008, 09:56 AM
Originally posted by BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
I guess all of my photos are good for that huh? :devil: ;) :D

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
05-02-2008, 09:59 AM
Oh, and a side note to the Celina fans and coaches, I have exhausted my high school eligibility, so I cannot come play for you next year. Just had to throw that in there so there is no confusion.

LH Panther Mom
05-02-2008, 10:15 AM
Where's necks_06? :eek: :devil: ;)

Chief Woodman
05-02-2008, 11:50 AM

From the home page:

From the title bar above... 3A Sports Discussion......

From one who lives in a PC fishbowl but is not PC let me say that if you do not believe in the PC statement being made, believe in yourself enough to not speak the PC lingo. Ergo, if the statement in the above title bar is not really what this discussion forum is about, plase believe in yourself enough to change the title bar to what you really mean. Just the $0.02 of someone who really does not matter, but is brave enough to say what he thinks. No insult intended to anyone, just trying to give encouragement to everyoneto really be who you are.

kepdawg
05-02-2008, 11:52 AM

From one who lives in a PC fishbowl but is not PC let me say that if you do not believe in the PC statement being made, believe in yourself enough to not speak the PC lingo. Ergo, if the statement in the above title bar is not really what this discussion forum is about, plase believe in yourself enough to change the title bar to what you really mean. Just the $0.02 of someone who really does not matter, but is brave enough to say what he thinks. No insult intended to anyone, just trying to give encouragement to everyoneto really be who you are.

The forum IS about 3A sports! The content provided on the home page and region pages is about 3A football!

pirate4state
05-02-2008, 11:54 AM
I like talking about all HIGH SCHOOL SPORTS, well okay, not basketball :D, but I'll still report on how my team is doing.

I just wish everyone would just LET IT GO! Be happy you have a place to come discuss HS sports, pro & college sports (to an extent), some current events & Hondo's DQ.

kepdawg
05-02-2008, 11:55 AM
I like talking about all HIGH SCHOOL SPORTS, well okay, not basketball :D, but I'll still report on how my team is doing.

I just wish everyone would just LET IT GO! Be happy you have a place to come discuss HS sports, pro & college sports (to an extent), some current events & Hondo's DQ.

Hondo? They ain't got nothing on Giddings' DQ!

pirate4state
05-02-2008, 11:56 AM
Hondo? They ain't got nothing on Giddings' DQ! Well, I wouldn't know. I've never been to Hondo's DQ, but you may want to ask the Bellville boys! :D

kepdawg
05-02-2008, 11:56 AM
Well, I wouldn't know. I've never been to Hondo's DQ, but you may want to ask the Bellville boys! :D

I don't talk to people from Bellville.

Ranger Mom
05-02-2008, 12:51 PM

I'm not the one who put it there, it's not my place to change it!

I think everyone who knows me one iota pretty much knows I speak my mind and PC be damned!!

I think that was put there to placate the WHINERS...yes, I am going to say that is what I consider them...who griped that it said football but football was not the only thing discussed!

Old Tiger
05-02-2008, 01:23 PM
What's with all these new people(from the waco area) coming on here and demanding changes. First CS Dad now rocket dad. Don't come here thinking you can mess up the status quo(me being the exception). Chill out newbs.

Ranger Mom
05-02-2008, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by Go Blue
What's with all these new people(from the waco area) coming on here and demanding changes. First CS Dad now rocket dad. Don't come here thinking you can mess up the status quo(me being the exception). Chill out newbs.

This probably isn't the most "PC" thing to say either, but the ones who have donated money to keep this site up are the only ones whose complaints I even worry about!!

kepdawg
05-02-2008, 01:26 PM
This probably isn't the most "PC" thing to say either, but the ones who have donated money to keep this site up are the only ones whose complaints I even worry about!!

:(

Ranger Mom
05-02-2008, 01:28 PM
:(

Sorry...gotta draw the line somewhere.:)

Old Tiger
05-02-2008, 01:29 PM
This probably isn't the most "PC" thing to say either, but the ones who have donated money to keep this site up are the only ones whose complaints I even worry about!! Hey i was a donating member but I got stripped of it along with my other alias :(

kepdawg
05-02-2008, 01:30 PM
Sorry...gotta draw the line somewhere.:)

It's just nice to know where we really stand.

pirate4state
05-02-2008, 01:30 PM
Hey i was a donating member but you stripped that of me when yall stripped my s/n of years :( I'm sure you had nothing to do with the events leading up to said stripping! Just be glad you are still here!

LH Panther Mom
05-02-2008, 01:31 PM
Hey i was a donating member but I got stripped of it along with my other alias :(
Oh no you didn't... :rolleyes: :doh: :speech:

pirate4state
This probably isn't the most "PC" thing to say either, but the ones who have donated money to keep this site up are the only ones whose complaints I even worry about!! I always forward complaints regardless of donating status to the admin. :nerd:

Old Tiger
I'm sure you had nothing to do with the events leading up to said stripping! Just be glad you are still here!

1, 2, 3, 4, http://content.answers.com/main/content/wp/en/c/ca/Fif.jpg

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
05-02-2008, 01:32 PM

My donations are greater than monetary. Either way, you still field and worry about my concerns right? :D

Ranger Mom
05-02-2008, 01:34 PM
I always forward complaints regardless of donating status to the admin. :nerd:

They better be glad you are here then!!!:)

Actually, I think donating status and longevity on the board is what I look at.

The new people that come in and try to tell us how to run the board....not so much!!!

pirate4state
05-02-2008, 01:35 PM
They better be glad you are here then!!!:)

Actually, I think donating status and longevity on the board is what I look at.

The new people that come in and try to tell us how to run the board....not so much!!!

You & I both know where the majority of the complaints I get come from! :eek: :devil: :D I think that person has been here longer than the both of us!

Old Tiger
05-02-2008, 01:36 PM
Could you two please take this discussion up in a PM it is not fair to the members of this great board.

Ranger Mom
05-02-2008, 01:37 PM
You & I both know where the majority of the complaints I get come from! :eek: :devil: :D I think that person has been here longer than the both of us!

:)

Now that I stirred the pot some, I think I will go back outside!

kepdawg
05-02-2008, 01:38 PM

For your sake I hope nobody complains more than I do!

Ranger Mom
05-02-2008, 01:38 PM
Could you two please take this discussion up in a PM it is not fair to the members of this great board.

Read the above post...I am going outside now!:kiss:

Ranger Mom
05-02-2008, 01:39 PM
For your sake I hope nobody complains more than I do!

Dude!! You are a kitten compared to some we get!!

Old Tiger
05-02-2008, 01:39 PM
Read the above post...I am going outside now!:kiss: :D is it windy there? Hope it doesn't blow you away :p

pirate4state
05-02-2008, 01:40 PM
Could you two please take this discussion up in a PM it is not fair to the members of this great board. I've said all I'm gonna say on the subject.

pirate4state
05-02-2008, 01:41 PM
For your sake I hope nobody complains more than I do! At least all of your complaints make sense! :D

Oops, I lied about saying anything else. Sue me!

kepdawg
05-02-2008, 01:41 PM
Dude!! You are a kitten compared to some we get!!

If p4 gets more complaints from one person than she does from me somebody's got problems!

crzyjournalist03
05-02-2008, 02:45 PM
I'm sure you had nothing to do with the events leading up to said stripping! Just be glad you are still here!

I say you make him strip again...