04-30-2008, 11:39 PM
http://www.buffalonews.com/274/story/334471.html

wow

coach
05-01-2008, 01:36 AM
unbelievable

themsu97
05-01-2008, 05:35 AM
in the coaching circle you get to meet professionals... which is cool... but you also know people who know people...
a colleague of mine has met Malone several times and says that Malone is the biggest A hole in the business...

waterboy
05-01-2008, 07:37 AM
"Any man can a father, but it takes a REAL MAN to be a daddy." Obviously, Karl Malone is not being a real man. That's sad.:dispntd:

Sweetwater Red
05-01-2008, 07:46 AM
He's a punk on and off the court!

http://www.makingpages.org/hoops/Malone.danger.html

According to an informal poll cited by Sports Illustrated, "50% of NBA players consider Malone physical but entirely within the rules, 40% say that he tests the upper limit of physicality too frequently, and 10% believe that he's outright dirty."

That was then. The number is far higher now. For instance, Malone has been voted many times as the dirtiest player in the league by athletes and fans alike. Last year,

Karl Malone is nuts about pro wrestling, tractor pulls, and 18 wheelers. He is also a great actor. His specialty is flailing his arms around and flying through the air, and flopping on the ground while pretending to be fouled.

Karl Malone is one of the league's most popular players. The NBA banks on his popularity, and even helps him along, padding his stats with phantom fouls resulting in thousands of free throws he doesn't deserve, and keeping him in many games by not calling fouls he does deserve. More often than not, they also look the other way and do nothing when Malone pulls some stunt that would get most players suspended, like kicking a player in the crotch. Malone's career is a long and dirty one, with more hospitalizations caused than any other player in NBA history.

Some important events in Karl Malone's career:

Malone tries to remove Steve Nash's tooth

In 1984, while still playing for Louisiana Tech, Malone let us see a glimpse of the future when he (apparently) intentionally elbowed Rice center Dave Ramer in the face. Ramer required plastic surgery to reconstruct his face and Malone's career as a thug was born. Ramer never played again.

Lewis Lloyd: The Forehead from Hell

Isiah Thomas: The 40 Stitch "Lesson"

Sydney Moncrief

Interview in Playboy, April 1989

In the deciding game of the 1997 playoff series against the Houston Rockets, the Jazz won on a last second shot by John Stockton. Stockton was wide open because Karl Malone had set an illegal pick against Clyde Drexler. A judgment call, you say? Maybe, but Malone literally wrapped his arms around Drexler and picked him up, carrying him several feet.

Donyell Marshall

David Robinson: A preview of Wrestlemania

Brent Price and Matt Bullard: Pretty White Boys Shouldn't Complain

Flopmeister

Shawn Bradley and Don Nelson: The Tag Team

Joe Kleine: "He needed a little plastic surgery"

Luc Longley

Christian Laettner

Flying Knees and "Kick Jumpers"

NBA officials: unindicted co-conspirators — Malone isn't just vicious, he gets away with it! Over the years, the NBA has consistently overlooked Malone and his dirty play.

Bull19
05-01-2008, 08:09 AM
karl malone loves the ladies

http://youtube.com/watch?v=SXv8rMIFrxg

Maroon87
05-01-2008, 09:32 AM
That's why Malone never won a ring...bad karma.

kaorder1999
05-01-2008, 09:32 AM
Originally posted by Maroon87
That's why Malone never won a ring...bad karma.

yep!

Sftball4Life
05-01-2008, 09:41 AM
Well - fortunately for all three of these kids - they had great moms that worked hard to provide for them and give them every opportunity to advance. One of our high school girls played at Louisiana Tech with Cheryl Ford and she was very gracious to us at every game we attended.

crzyjournalist03
05-01-2008, 09:46 AM
Bell was born on a Thursday, so Karl shouldn't have had a problem with the delivery...

Bull19
05-01-2008, 09:47 AM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
Bell was born on a Thursday, so Karl shouldn't have had a problem with the delivery... ha ha .:fnypost:

JasperDog94
05-01-2008, 10:00 AM
My favorite quote from Karl Malone is when he was asked if he was interested in being governor, he said:

“It do interest me, matter of fact, it really do.” :ack!:

DUKE22
05-01-2008, 11:20 AM
That's why Malone never won a ring...bad karma. Actually Larry Bird won a few rings and he did the same thing. Magic was no saint, I think Wilt had a little fun as well.

crzyjournalist03
05-01-2008, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by DUKE22
Actually Larry Bird won a few rings and he did the same thing. Magic was no saint, I think Wilt had a little fun as well.

and Ginobli flops.

BreckTxLonghorn
05-01-2008, 11:34 AM
Karl Malone loves nutter butters. All nuttery and buttery. But Karl Malone hate baby daddy. May be Karl Malone baby, but Karl Malone ain't no daddy.

Maroon87
05-01-2008, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by DUKE22
Actually Larry Bird won a few rings and he did the same thing. Magic was no saint, I think Wilt had a little fun as well.

Malone has apparently taken it to a new level.

DUKE22
05-01-2008, 12:32 PM
Malone has apparently taken it to a new level. I dont know that anyone could ever reach the level of Shawn Kemp. I am sure some of you saw the sports illustrated that revealed he had like 9 children with 6 different mothers. Too bad this kind of stuff happens quiet often.

g$$
05-02-2008, 01:38 AM
Doesn't NFL RB Travis Henry have like 9 kids by 9 different women, or something like close to that?

I thought Larry Bird had one illegitimate child? Is it more? Larry is a family man now, been married quite a while. My favorite player growing up by far. Ugly man but he could flat play basketball & worked hard at his craft.

charlesrixey
05-02-2008, 09:56 AM
he was a hall of fame player, no question

but it is ironic that he played dirty in a squeeky clean state

the antithesis of stockton

BreckTxLonghorn
05-02-2008, 10:25 AM
This is why I will always remember Karl Malone fondly (even if it wasn't really him)

http://www.jimmykimmel.net/submissions/karlmalone/index.html

eagles_victory
05-02-2008, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by g$$

Ugly man but he could flat play basketball & worked hard at his craft. :fnypost: :iagree:

Txbroadcaster
05-02-2008, 11:55 AM
Originally posted by charlesrixey
he was a hall of fame player, no question

but it is ironic that he played dirty in a squeeky clean state

the antithesis of stockton

on the court..not so much, stockton was considered a "dirty"player as well...not with cheap shots, some would even call him crafty, but he was just as bad as using cheap techniques

g$$
05-03-2008, 06:12 AM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
on the court..not so much, stockton was considered a "dirty"player as well...not with cheap shots, some would even call him crafty, but he was just as bad as using cheap techniques

Took the words out of my mouth. 100% agreed.

Don't kid yourself Rixey, & I respected Stockton's game. He knew & used every trick in the book. Utah is known for this then & now (Stockton, Malone, Hornacek, players currently). Jerry Sloan in his playing days did the same, & teaches it now. Tough but borderline dirty too.

nobogey72
05-03-2008, 06:19 AM
This is all disappointing, because I had Malone and Stockton both pegged as "good guys". You never know. Now, if Marvin Harrison ends up being a thug, I give up on pro sports. I've always been a fan of Harrison due to his lack of "showmanship". I had him pegged as a cut above the rest.

g$$
05-03-2008, 06:24 AM
Originally posted by nobogey72
I've always been a fan of Harrison due to his lack of "showmanship". I had him pegged as a cut above the rest.

I'm withholding judgement on Harrison until we know more personally...seems fishy to me. I could be dead wrong too.