PDA

View Full Version : Got a cortizone shot in shoulder today......

nobogey72
04-30-2008, 08:31 PM
It turned into a bad situation. After watching the Dr. (who used to be a friend of mine, but not anymore) fill the syringe with cortizone and novacaine I started to get nervous. Then when he attached it to this big A$$ needle, I got a little more nervous. Then, when he walked up to me and said, "OK now just relax and you're going to feel a "little prick", I said ....... "No means no, you just back up a little!" I decided to go get a 2nd opinion. My shoulder hurts bad but not THAT bad.:eek: :eek: :eek:

jason
04-30-2008, 08:34 PM
a real golfer would take the pain...

:cool:

ronwx5x
04-30-2008, 08:37 PM
Originally posted by nobogey72
It turned into a bad situation. After watching the Dr. (who used to be a friend of mine, but not anymore) fill the syringe with cortizone and novacaine I started to get nervous. Then when he attached it to this big A$$ needle, I got a little more nervous. Then, when he walked up to me and said, "OK now just relax and you're going to feel a "little prick", I said ....... "No means no, you just back up a little!" I decided to go get a 2nd opinion. My shoulder hurts bad but not THAT bad.:eek: :eek: :eek:

Dont't be such a wimp!!!
:crying: :crying: :weeping: :weeping:

I had surgery on my rotator cuff and it only took two years to stop hurting enough that I could say it helped. Refused to do the other shoulder.

Daddy D 11
04-30-2008, 08:41 PM
got a cortizone shot in my back 4 weeks ago. thank god i didnt have to see the needle, but it felt like a dang pencil going into me:eek: it did help though!

ronwx5x
04-30-2008, 08:42 PM
I reread the title of this thread. So you did or you did not get a cortizone shot in your shoulder today?

DU_stud04
04-30-2008, 08:45 PM
cortisone shots are awesome.

Ranger Mom
04-30-2008, 09:05 PM
So was it the "little prick" that bothered you??:eek: :eek:

I found out Monday I have pinched nerves in my neck, I have been in lots of pain for the past week and a half....I wish they would have offered me some kind of drugs!!!:( :(

nobogey72
04-30-2008, 09:19 PM
Originally posted by jason
a real golfer would take the pain...

:cool:

I can handle the pain, I'm just not into feeling "little pricks" all that much. TexasFootball2, for example, probably wouldn't have minded, because he has been feeling a little prick all his life. :doh: :doh:

nobogey72
04-30-2008, 09:25 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
So was it the "little prick" that bothered you??:eek: :eek:

I found out Monday I have pinched nerves in my neck, I have been in lots of pain for the past week and a half....I wish they would have offered me some kind of drugs!!!:( :(

Let me draw yaw'll a picture.:confused: I've had lots of cortizone shots in various joints during the years, and they smart a little, sometimes a lot. But, never, ever, have I been told that I was going to feel a little prick. He's a nice looking guy I guess, but I'm just not into that.:thmbdwn:

Ranger Mom
04-30-2008, 09:28 PM
Let me draw yaw'll a picture.:confused: I've had lots of cortizone shots in various joints during the years, and they smart a little, sometimes a lot. But, never, ever, have I been told that I was going to feel a little prick. He's a nice looking guy I guess, but I'm just not into that.:thmbdwn:

Gotcha!!:eek:

nobogey72
04-30-2008, 09:47 PM
Originally posted by ronwx5x
I reread the title of this thread. So you did or you did not get a cortizone shot in your shoulder today?

Yes I did, I was just trying to be funny.:rolleyes: Either yaw'll are really "slow" or feeling "little pricks" is not that big of a deal (so to speak) to you.:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

But he did say, "OK relax, now, and you are going to feel a little prick. I nearly started laughing when he said that. I'll never let my wife go to him. She would have whipped his A$$ right then and left him there with a needle stuck in his "little prick".:inlove: :inlove:

Chopblock
04-30-2008, 09:49 PM
Used to get one every3 weeks in the knee in college, in the infamous words of North Dallas 40
Hell B A I love needles

Not

nobogey72
04-30-2008, 09:56 PM
Originally posted by Chopblock
Used to get one every3 weeks in the knee in college, in the infamous words of North Dallas 40
Hell B A I love needles

Not

I watched that movie the other night for the 50th time. It never gets old. "Marijuana? Are your kidding me? Hell, B A you give me harder stuff than that just to get me on the field" I think I could quote that movie line for line. I read a book by Walt Garrison one time and he listed the people he wished he had never met. Pete Gent (author of North Dallas 40 and in real life a Dallas Cowboy receiver) was one of them. Another one he wished he'd never met was my old college QB and rattlesnake hunting buddy Clint Longley.

RedWhiteBlue
05-01-2008, 08:33 AM
NoBogey- I was a senior in HS at 'you know where' and had made fun of my mom for years because of her whining for years about getting cortisone shots in her thumbs for arthritis and I always thought what a wuss she was. Well, I have horrible ankles (because of basketball) and went in to see my loving doctor, who after all these years is still in Abilene. He says, "I think we will just stick ya with some cortisone in that ankle joint." and being the stupid kid I said, "Like okay- whatever". He brings in this harpoon loaded with this thick crap that looks like yellow palmolive dishwashing liquid and it scared the living hee-haw out of me.
Oh and I forgot to mention he had a hot medical student with him. So I went from almost passing out to acting like it was really no big deal at all. The doctor then jams the needle in my ankle and I know it took him like 2 hours to put all the palmolive soap in and by then I felt like I was going to puke ( but not in front of the hottie ). And then he took it out and the hole in my ankle was so big it bled for I know 3 weeks!!!!! But it did end up feeling much better by the end of that same day. So be glad you didn't get the shot- they really suck. By the way- on the way out the hot medical student told me, "you took that like a real woman"!!!!:inlove:

kaorder1999
05-01-2008, 08:44 AM
have gotten one in the shoulder before. Then got some injections into my back when my back problems were at its worst!

ronwx5x
05-01-2008, 09:21 AM
Originally posted by kaorder1999
have gotten one in the shoulder before. Then got some injections into my back when my back problems were at its worst!

They actually put me to sleep when they injected my back (neck?). It has helped for about a year, now the pain is returning. May have to do a repeat.

kaorder1999
05-01-2008, 09:22 AM
my injections were in the lower back...went through two rounds of injections 3 months apart. When it was time for the third, I went to another DR and he went ahead and operated!

Texasfootball2
05-01-2008, 09:28 AM

"Little Prick":thinking: I think we go to the same doctor:inlove:

nobogey72
05-01-2008, 10:25 AM
Originally posted by Texasfootball2
"Little Prick":thinking: I think we go to the same doctor:inlove:

Did he want you to feel his "little prick" also?:eek:

Texasfootball2
05-01-2008, 10:48 AM
Yep! :D Same Dude:thumbsup: He also keep trying to assure me that I would feel much better later. I think he's a little on the kinky side also. He ask me several times if I would feel more comfortable if his nurse were there for some assistance:thinking: Not sure what that meant.:doh:

nobogey72
05-01-2008, 10:59 AM
Originally posted by RedWhiteBlue
NoBogey- I was a senior in HS at 'you know where' and had made fun of my mom for years because of her whining for years about getting cortisone shots in her thumbs for arthritis and I always thought what a wuss she was. Well, I have horrible ankles (because of basketball) and went in to see my loving doctor, who after all these years is still in Abilene. He says, "I think we will just stick ya with some cortisone in that ankle joint." and being the stupid kid I said, "Like okay- whatever". He brings in this harpoon loaded with this thick crap that looks like yellow palmolive dishwashing liquid and it scared the living hee-haw out of me.
Oh and I forgot to mention he had a hot medical student with him. So I went from almost passing out to acting like it was really no big deal at all. The doctor then jams the needle in my ankle and I know it took him like 2 hours to put all the palmolive soap in and by then I felt like I was going to puke ( but not in front of the hottie ). And then he took it out and the hole in my ankle was so big it bled for I know 3 weeks!!!!! But it did end up feeling much better by the end of that same day. So be glad you didn't get the shot- they really suck. By the way- on the way out the hot medical student told me, "you took that like a real woman"!!!!:inlove:

I DID get it. And it wasn't bad at all. You sound like a big wimp to me.:taunt: :taunt:

crzyjournalist03
05-01-2008, 11:00 AM
Hey nobogey, ever tried playing doctor with your wife??? :D

Texasfootball2
05-01-2008, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
Bogeyman, sounds like he's getting a bitt personal know:tisk:

Macarthur
05-01-2008, 11:12 AM
I've had bursitis in my heel and plantar facitis; I had to have a couple of shots in my heel and it's enough to make you come off the table. :eek:

Texasfootball2
05-01-2008, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by Macarthur
I've had bursitis in my heel and plantar facitis; I had to have a couple of shots in my heel and it's enough to make you come off the table. :eek:

"Like a dead Man"

AP Panther Fan
05-01-2008, 11:15 AM
I've had one in the shoulder before:dispntd:

They had to give me a little "prick" to deaden it before I got the big one...still hurt BAD...really bad!

Luckily, within 24 hours I could raise my arm again, but then I came down with a kidney infection. They say that cortizone can cure what ails ya, but if your body is trying to fight off something else, you will probably get it. Go figure.

Just talking about this made my shoulder ache.:nerd:

Texasfootball2
05-01-2008, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
I've had one in the shoulder before:dispntd:

They had to give me a little "prick" to deaden it before I got the big one...still hurt BAD...really bad!

Luckily, within 24 hours I could raise my arm again, but then I came down with a kidney infection. They say that cortizone can cure what ails ya, but if your body is trying to fight off something else, you will probably get it. Go figure.

Just talking about this made my shoulder ache.:nerd:

A little prick before the big one:thinking: That sort of thing is not legal in Taylor County

RedWhiteBlue
05-01-2008, 11:54 AM
I DID get it. And it wasn't bad at all. You sound like a big wimp to me.:taunt: :taunt:
Nope, took it like a 'real woman' according to that guy. Since then I have had 3 c-sections and some other fun things that made that shot look like a whip with a wet noodle. :D

Sweetwater Red
05-01-2008, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by Texasfootball2
Bogeyman, sounds like he's getting a bitt personal know:tisk:

OR trying to serve up a fastball right down the middle of the
plate.:thinking:

nobogey72
05-01-2008, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03

Yep! Tried that! Part of it worked out OK. Part of it hurt like heck. When we switched and she was the Dr. and I told her I needed a "pulled groin"............. well, lets just say the woman doesn't know her own strength.:1omg!: :bigcry:

Fotbol
05-01-2008, 01:12 PM
U may want to check with Barry Bonds b 4 getting that shot, YOu know you could be banned from golfing, especially if the shot helps your handicap:D

Antec
05-01-2008, 07:13 PM
Got one when I had trigger finger- which clicks and hurts when bending it

it only helped a month then i had tendoin surgery

LH Panther Mom
05-01-2008, 07:31 PM
Originally posted by Macarthur
:foul: :foul: I had to have one for plantar faciitis years ago. The worst part was the way he was digging the needle around in my heel. :(

nobogey72
05-01-2008, 09:02 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
:foul: :foul: I had to have one for plantar faciitis years ago. The worst part was the way he was digging the needle around in my heel. :(

If you ever have another one, make them give you something to chew on. Like one of those leather dog treats. It really helps. But, leave it at the doctors office! A certain person in my family took hers home and chewed on it for weeks. It's embarrassing.:inlove: :inlove: