PDA

View Full Version : #2 Bellville Brahmas vs Giddings Buffaloes

FormerBellvilleBrahma
11-08-2003, 01:40 AM
#2 Bellville goes 10-0, will Giddings have a good shot at beating the Brahmas, or will Bellville continue there win streak? Give us some info on both teams. Tell us what Giddings has this year, and what is there record. Who did they beat, and who did they lose to. Give scores.
This will be 2 years in a row Bellville and Giddings meet in the 1st round. Weres will it be played? Hey coaches lets play at Kyle field?

Bull's-eye
11-08-2003, 02:07 AM
Giddings was 7-3, with their losses coming from Caldwell, Manor and Hutto. They did beat LaGrange, Rockdale, Cameron and Columbus. All these wins were decided by 6 or less points.

Pudlugger
11-08-2003, 02:16 AM
Bull's-eye:
Giddings was 7-3, with their losses coming from Caldwell, Manor and Hutto. They did beat LaGrange, Rockdale, Cameron and Columbus. All these wins were decided by 6 or less points.They won against La Grange even though the Leps led in all stats except score: 15 first downs to 5; 300+ total offense to 134 yards etc. Bellville should win by 21 points. Giddings has a decent defense, they bend but don't break especially inside the 20. They have a good RB in #3 but their receivers have no hands (no completions in their miracle win against LG). Giddings is, however, playing well now and should not be taken lightly as that is how La Grange lost. eek!

Pudlugger
11-08-2003, 02:18 AM
Bull's-eye:
Giddings was 7-3, with their losses coming from Caldwell, Manor and Hutto. They did beat LaGrange, Rockdale, Cameron and Columbus. All these wins were decided by 6 or less points.They also beat Yoakum by 3 tds and beat a fired up Elgin team tonight.

venomous tat2
11-08-2003, 03:20 AM
hey fbb you are too modest giddings don't want to see ya'll at all they don't have what it takes to stay on the field with ya'll. besides 23 3AAA is in my opinion is one of the strongest districts in all of 3AAA. bellville should take up where sealy stopped you have the tools to get it done.navasota will make a strong run inn d 1 don't be surprised if bellville and sealy meet in the regional championship in region 3 championship in d2.hey b mom it was a pleasure to meet you toniteyou are a classy lady and i'm glad to have met you talked to coiled to strike after the game and told him what you said. GOOD luck to the 23AAA reps in the playoffs.lets do it 23AAA and show texas what football is all about.

the tigers are back
11-08-2003, 09:23 AM
I really don't think gidings have what it takes,but you never know what could happen;that's why they play the games.Hey we could very much meet up with bellville again,but we must take these games one by one and let's represent 23a we can do it.Let's go SEALY,BELLVILLE, and the RATTLERS. :mad: :D

BrahmaMom
11-08-2003, 10:13 AM
Don't worry, Bellville takes no opponent lightly, we've learned the hard way. It'd be fun to meet up with the Tigers again TTAB, kinda like a family reunion. It's exciting, last night was all it was hyped to be--wow! I forgot in my summary (the waterman didn't give me any #'s), Runnels had his usual game--terrific--love to watch that boy play ball. Anyway, we'll prepare and focus and play one game at a time, be it Giddings or whoever. Go Brahmas! Good luck to all teams in 23-3A!

FormerBellvilleBrahma
11-08-2003, 10:38 AM
The game has been set for Friday night in Collage Station at A&M Consolidated. Not sure on who is Home or Visitors?
Go Bellville Beat the Buff's!!!!

BrahmaMom
11-08-2003, 11:07 AM
Now we can get pumped for real! Friday Night Lights, gotta love 'em! Go Brahmas!

buffalo booster
11-08-2003, 11:42 AM
Game is set for Friday at 7:30 PM at A&M Consolidated. Brahmas will be the home team; Buffaloes the visitors.

Looking forward to this game. When you get to the playoffs, you want to play the best teams that are out there. Bellville is one of the best in the State this year.

Go Buffs!

ctownqb
11-08-2003, 01:19 PM
When columbus played giddings they had one of there worst games of the year i think. we played like crap. we had alot of turnovers but we still had a chance to win but just couldnt pull it off. Giddings has an alright defense that plays hard, there offense doesnt run many different plays and most are runs off of a big tightend that can block better than any i have ever seen with a fast running back. i dont think bellville will have any problem at all taking care of the buffalos.

<small>[ November 08, 2003, 12:20 PM: Message edited by: ctownqb ]</small>

keepNitKrunk
11-08-2003, 01:46 PM
Pudlugger:

Bull's-eye:
Giddings was 7-3, with their losses coming from Caldwell, Manor and Hutto. They did beat LaGrange, Rockdale, Cameron and Columbus. All these wins were decided by 6 or less points.They won against La Grange even though the Leps led in all stats except score: 15 first downs to 5; 300+ total offense to 134 yards etc. Bellville should win by 21 points. Giddings has a decent defense, they bend but don't break especially inside the 20. They have a good RB in #3 but their receivers have no hands (no completions in their miracle win against LG). Giddings is, however, playing well now and should not be taken lightly as that is how La Grange lost. eek! hey man it's all about the final score that's all that matters.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
11-09-2003, 02:47 PM
How many players does Giddings have back from last year? How many Srs are on the team and how many start?

Speed24
11-09-2003, 06:48 PM
Well.. I'm gonna have to go with the bulls. Having played both these teams..the brahmas dont compare with the buffaloes. I had 122yds recieving and a TD against giddings..So I know Goeke and Sanders will get a handfull themselves. Good Luck to the Brahmas, represent out district!

buffalo booster
11-09-2003, 08:29 PM
Based on what I've been reading lately, the Buffaloes don't have a chance. Let's see, the only reason we beat Yoakum is because of their mistakes and turnovers. Columbus played their worst game of the year against Giddings; otherwise, Giddings wouldn't have won. LaGrange held us to only five first downs in our "miracle win" against them. We lost to Caldwell, Hutto (at home!), and Manor. Only beat Smithville (who went 0-10 this year) by a TD...

Damn, we must really be bad... I only hope that the refs don't call this game at halftime. Would hate to drive all the way to College Station and not see a whole game.

Good luck to Bellville (although you certainly won't need it against us), and congratulations on your 10-0 season.

Oh yeah, one other thing -- GO BUFFS!

Pudlugger
11-09-2003, 08:46 PM
buffalo booster:
Based on what I've been reading lately, the Buffaloes don't have a chance. Let's see, the only reason we beat Yoakum is because of their mistakes and turnovers. Columbus played their worst game of the year against Giddings; otherwise, Giddings wouldn't have won. LaGrange held us to only five first downs in our "miracle win" against them. We lost to Caldwell, Hutto (at home!), and Manor. Only beat Smithville (who went 0-10 this year) by a TD...

Damn, we must really be bad... I only hope that the refs don't call this game at halftime. Would hate to drive all the way to College Station and not see a whole game.

Good luck to Bellville (although you certainly won't need it against us), and congratulations on your 10-0 season.

Oh yeah, one other thing -- GO BUFFS!LOL! Yeah, I bet ya'll get real tired of it by now. 7-3 with some good wins is a lot to be proud of Buffalo-Booster. I know the Buffs will go into this game fired up and represent D24 well. Good luck! :)

<small>[ November 09, 2003, 07:46 PM: Message edited by: Pudlugger ]</small>

buffalo booster
11-09-2003, 11:08 PM
Thanks, Pud, and good luck to the Leopards against Sealy.

CheerMom
11-10-2003, 09:09 AM
I have not seen Giddings play, but have played against Bellville this year. I will have to go with Bellville. They are going to be a very hard team to take down. They are very talented and play with a lot of class. One of the premier teams in the area. We look forward to matching up with them again down the playoff road. Go Raiders!!

luiscfrmNorthwoodUniv
11-10-2003, 09:54 AM
All I can say, is good job buffs on making it to the playoffs and good luck on Friday's game which I might go to. BTW, good job last friday night against Elgin.
The Giddings "D" has to perform its best, and the offense has to really step it up if you want to keep a competitive game, because with the perfect record that Bellville has; this will not be an easy game.
BTW, good luck to LaGrange against Sealy,
AND GOOD LUCK TO THE BUFFS,
GO BUFFS GO.
GO BUFFS GO.
GO BUFFS GO.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

Tiger Turtle
11-10-2003, 10:48 AM
Anybody that seriously aspires to beat Bellville is going to have to play mistake-free football and control the clock to keep the Bulls' potent passing attack off the field. Bellville is fundamentally sound in all three phases of the game, although I think their defense is not as strong as their offense. For the first few rounds, the only team that is likely to stop Bellville is (who else?) Bellville. If they stay focused, I think they are likely to get out of R3 to the semis.

Bull's-eye
11-10-2003, 01:04 PM
Bellville has played almost mistake-free in the big games. QB has learned to throw the ball away or tuck it in and run for some yards. I would like to see the offense use more of a short to medium passing game. This would be very hard for their opponent to defend. Defense has stepped up and made the big stops. They are now attacking more and have become very good. Special teams are solid and all the kick-offs should go out of the endzone. Remember, this is the play-offs, and everybody plays like there is no tomorrow. Bellville bring your "A" game and don't take anybody lightly. Go Bulls!!

FormerBellvilleBrahma
11-10-2003, 10:06 PM
Sound like you know what you are talking about Bull's Eye. Hey did you get your paper Sat. morning? :D

Mustang '89
11-10-2003, 10:10 PM
luiscfrmNorthwoodUniv:
All I can say, is good job buffs on making it to the playoffs and good luck on Friday's game which I might go to. BTW, good job last friday night against Elgin.
The Giddings "D" has to perform its best, and the offense has to really step it up if you want to keep a competitive game, because with the perfect record that Bellville has; this will not be an easy game.
BTW, good luck to LaGrange against Sealy,
AND GOOD LUCK TO THE BUFFS,
GO BUFFS GO.
GO BUFFS GO.
GO BUFFS GO.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11Come on Luis, give me a prediction for old times sake!! wink

<small>[ November 10, 2003, 09:11 PM: Message edited by: Mustang '89 ]</small>

FormerBellvilleBrahma
11-10-2003, 10:23 PM
Hey Bulls-Eye, dont you just hate it when the same subject gets posted not once but twice after it has already been posted days ago, Friday to be exact!

Bull's-eye
11-10-2003, 10:30 PM
FormerBellvilleBrahma:
Sound like you know what you are talking about Bull's Eye. Hey did you get your paper Sat. morning? :D I did get my paper but it must of been the early edition. There was no stats for the game. Did you get all your papers delivered?

FormerBellvilleBrahma
11-10-2003, 10:52 PM
Talking about newspapers, just got the Tuesday Sealy paper. Last week the Bellville Sealy game got some pub. on the 1st page. This week nothing about the game on the 1st page, I beat, if sealy won, thats all you would see on the 1st page!
And one more thing, there is a picture in the Sealy paper showing both Band's on the field at the same time performing. The Sealy paper reads,( The award winning Sealy Tiger Band performs to the crowd at halftime). Typical Sealy news its clear as day that the Bellville band is also out there, with the Sealy Band but will the Sealy paper give them any pub.I guess they wanted people to think the Sealy band was that big?

Bellville22
11-10-2003, 11:00 PM
Brahma73, just curious as to which game you'll be attending Friday night, ours or Sealy/LG? Trying to get my phone arrangements set up.

Brahma73
11-10-2003, 11:09 PM
Hey 22! Got the pager this week and weekend at the clinic, so I can't stray too far. LG may be a possibility, but College Station is probably out.
I like the Bulls to rock & roll in Aggieland!

Bull's-eye
11-11-2003, 12:36 AM
These 2 teams met way back in early August. Just a scrimmage, but it seemed Bellville's first team did very well. Bellville's offense has been very sharp all year, but it the improving play of the defense that has my attention. I know both teams are much improved and not the same teams since this scrimmage.

reptard7isCRAZY
11-11-2003, 12:51 AM
Bellville 41
Giddings 13

buffalo booster
11-11-2003, 12:04 PM
Bellville and Giddings had four common opponents: Elgin, Rockdale, Cameron, and Columbus. Both teams won all four games. The scores:

Bellville 54 Elgin 21
Bellville 35 Rockdale 21
Bellville 38 Cameron 21
Bellville 23 Columbus 6

Average score: 37 to 17

Giddings 16 Elgin 7
Giddings 21 Rockdale 15
Giddings 11 Cameron 8
Giddings 20 Columbus 15

Average score: 17 to 11.

Bellville has an explosive offense, and the Giddings O has been inconsistent. But, the Buffalo defense has kept them in most of their games this year.

If this turns into an offensive game, it might be a long night for the Buffs. I don't believe that we can trade scores with the Brahmas and come out on top. But, if the defense can give up yards, but not scores, as it has in a few earlier games, this one could be a lot closer than some folks are predicting.

<small>[ November 11, 2003, 11:06 AM: Message edited by: buffalo booster ]</small>

Bull's-eye
11-11-2003, 12:27 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by buffalo booster:
[QB]Bellville and Giddings had four common opponents: Elgin, Rockdale, Cameron, and Columbus. Both teams won all four games. The scores:

Bellville 54 Elgin 21
Bellville 35 Rockdale 21
Bellville 38 Cameron 21
Bellville 23 Columbus 6

Final scores aren't always a true measure of a game. Bellville was leading Elgin 51-7 in the 3rd quarter. Bellville 35-0 over Rockdale with less than 9 minutes to go in the 4th quarter. In the Cameron game, Bellville had some turnovers deep in scoring territory. They had almost 500 yds of offense. Bellville does not run up the score and they are very good about letting back-ups play. Most of these games were not as close as the final score.

Bellville22
11-11-2003, 04:50 PM
Alright 73, I'll go first. I woulda liked to hear something on Giddings, but apparently no one is gonna help me out on the other post.

Bellville is one of the most complete teams in the state. They've proven to me that they don't have a real weakness. They bring an explosive offense, swarming defense, and solid special teams, all key ingredients of a true contender. From what I hear they'll run into a pretty solid defense Friday night. Giddings and Bellville met in a scrimmage earlier this year, but i wasn't there. Both of these teams have probably changed alot anyway. I'm told the Buff's have some athletes, and play solid D, but haven't been able to figure it out offensively. They'll need to either figure it out, or hope the D plays it's best game, because I don't think D24 features an offense like the Bulls.

Bellville is a determined bunch, with the talent to take it to the top. They're taking it one week at a time, and are still working to improve each week. They're led by a great bunch of seniors, with playoff experience, so I don't look for there to be any butterflies Friday night. I think the Bulls will roll from the first snap and advance to next week.

Bellville 38
Giddings 10

Former, 73, BrahmaMom, Bongo, let's here it...

reptard7isCRAZY
11-11-2003, 04:52 PM
My prediction was pretty close to yours

Bull's-eye
11-11-2003, 05:14 PM
Hopefully the offense plays more wide-open than the last game. Defense continues their improved play.

Bellville 35
Giddings 7

Brahma73
11-11-2003, 07:51 PM
No more experimenting. No more holding back. Bellville is more solid than I realized. I actually listened to the LG vs. Giddings game on the radio. Giddings was VERY fortunate to get that win. Bellville won't provide those same opportunities. This looks to be a mismatch on paper, and through my eyes, it looks the same. Buffs did great things to get to the playoffs, but they're up against the real McCoy.

Bellville 36
Giddings 0

BrahmaMom
11-11-2003, 09:24 PM
Okay, 73, you have me worried....missing yet another Brahma game. I understand work and all, but as we go further (I certainly hope) into the play-offs, we are gonna need you there. Work out that call schedule ahead of time. GO Brahmas!

Brahma73
11-11-2003, 09:33 PM
BrahmaMom:
Okay, 73, you have me worried....missing yet another Brahma game. I understand work and all, but as we go further (I certainly hope) into the play-offs, we are gonna need you there. Work out that call schedule ahead of time. GO Brahmas!Count me in, Mom!

Brahma73
11-11-2003, 09:37 PM
Hey Former, isn't the plural of "buffalo" also "buffalo?" I thinks it's like "deer" and "moose" and those things. Wonder if anyone will ever notice our mascot name is a shortened version of the correct spelling? Oh my gosh! I even used it in my 3ADL handle!!!! eek! eek! eek!

FormerBellvilleBrahma
11-11-2003, 11:16 PM
Hey 73, you are more than likely correct? If you say deer's and moose's your either drunk or you did not make it through the 3rd grade. Most the people on here spell it, Buffalo, so that must be right. The spelling, Buffaloes, I got it on page 276. I blame that on Dave Campbell. Thats were the spelling is from, in his Texas football magazine.
Someone from Giddings can help us out?
This Blue Bell sure is good!!!!!

Bellville22
11-11-2003, 11:18 PM
BrahmaMom:
Okay, 73, you have me worried....missing yet another Brahma game. I understand work and all, but as we go further (I certainly hope) into the play-offs, we are gonna need you there. Work out that call schedule ahead of time. GO Brahmas!73, if we advance to next week, are we still both missing that game? :( If so, we're gonna need someone to take care of BrahmaMom. Maybe we can provide her w/ some cardboard cut-outs or something.

Brahma73
11-11-2003, 11:22 PM
You're right 22. Forgot about our journey! I'm going to put my cap and a pair of my unwashed socks in a paper bag for her. She can put it on the seat beside her. Maybe you could bring your Barney underwear!

FormerBellvilleBrahma
11-11-2003, 11:49 PM
Yall so crazy :D !!!!!!

BrahmaMom
11-12-2003, 08:21 AM
Y'all are BOTH missing the game???? What kind of fans ARE you two?? I can't call you fair weather, but this is getting to be a bad habit! Please, no Barbey underwear, I've seen wwwaaayyy to much of that in my day (remember, he was big when my littles were little!). Y'all could just come to the game and that would take care of it!

Brahma73
11-12-2003, 01:20 PM
BrahmaMom:
Y'all are BOTH missing the game???? What kind of fans ARE you two?? I can't call you fair weather, but this is getting to be a bad habit! Please, no Barbey underwear, I've seen wwwaaayyy to much of that in my day (remember, he was big when my littles were little!). Y'all could just come to the game and that would take care of it!We're sorry Mom! :( We have a family trip planned to Cozumel. It's not our fault...really. Please don't be cross. We'll make it up. Please don't lock us in Former's scary bus eek! Please don't get out that big board with the nail in the end!! Please don't make us eat 22's cooking!!!!!!! We're not bad people...we just make bad decisions. Don't let Garrett hurt us! Tell us it'll be okay when we come back...we need to know you still love us :confused:

Bellville22
11-12-2003, 01:32 PM
So I guess it's too late to change the date of the trip, huh 73?

Brahma73
11-12-2003, 01:54 PM
Bellville22:
So I guess it's too late to change the date of the trip, huh 73?YOU bring it up! lol (I'm guessing yes. It's a bit late!)

Bellville22
11-12-2003, 03:38 PM
Brahma73:

Bellville22:
So I guess it's too late to change the date of the trip, huh 73?YOU bring it up! lol (I'm guessing yes. It's a bit late!)I'll rock, paper, scissor you for it! Whoever it comes down to should probably wear the catcher's mask and a cup, lol :D

You think they have midnight flights leaving out of Houston Friday night? Taking care of business this week is first, but should we, the game will probably be down that way. Interesting thought. eek!

BrahmaMom
11-12-2003, 04:15 PM
Okay, now I want to know who in the family scheduled the trip during play-offs?? I have never gotten to go out of town for the Fair week (football practice) or Spring Break (the famous baseball tournaments on both ends, with double-header in the middle), Thanksgiving (football play-offs) or even made Christmas shopping plans because of Bellville's sports calendar. I would think other families would do the same. I expect something very nice from your family trip. Don't worry, I won't sic Garrett on y'all. But if we lose, it'll be on your heads!

BrahmaMom
11-12-2003, 04:17 PM
73 & 22, the love's still there. But if we lose.....

Brahma73
11-12-2003, 04:54 PM
Thank you Mommy :rolleyes:

FormerBellvilleBrahma
11-12-2003, 05:43 PM
Hey guys your still not off the hook, Who in the world would plan a trip during football season? What did you think Bellville would only play 10 games this year?
If you would like I could fly you there in the bus, after the game. I need to know more about my bus?

Bellville22
11-12-2003, 08:17 PM
Why did we do this 73. We considered school, other family plans, Thanksgiving, but forgot about the important stuff. Former: i'm down for a ride on the Magic School Bus!!!

BrahmaMom
11-12-2003, 08:26 PM
Y'all FORGOT about scheduling around the Brahmas in the play-offs?? This is getting worse all the time! Did you get trip insurance? Maybe you could cancel, get your $$ back, make the game, and salvage your reputations as die-hard Brahma fans. Although, I'm not sure...The love's still there though, guys. Moms never give up on you!

FormerBellvilleBrahma
11-12-2003, 10:32 PM
Im still waiting to see how this bus came to be?
All I know its a haunted, magic bus?
22, and fbbtiny Im still ticked about same post!!!! I will have to think twice before I let you on the Bus! :rolleyes:

Bull's-eye
11-12-2003, 10:46 PM
Hey Former, I want to ride the bus to College Station. When does the magic bus leave?

FormerBellvilleBrahma
11-13-2003, 09:07 PM
We leave at 4:30!!!!

BULLDOGFAN
11-13-2003, 09:50 PM
I wish Bellville the best. It sure seems odd that they have turned around the programm that much but so be it. Last year it was one of the games bandera had little trouble with. But things change obviously. Good Luck Brahma's. Kick Butt.

BrahmaMom
11-13-2003, 10:37 PM
BULLDOGFAN: That was NOT OUR Brahmas out there last year, someone kidnapped the real team and impersonated the Bulls. We'll show up this year, no doubt. We have improved every game and, just for you, the Brahmas WILL KICK BUTT!

BULLDOGFAN
11-14-2003, 12:12 AM
I hope you guy's do. You are a clean program that needs it's own RING.

Bellville22
11-14-2003, 11:39 AM
Amen to that BULLDOGFAN. One week at a time.

Any last minute predictions out there?

Former? BrahmaMom? (alot or a little)

Bull's-eye
11-14-2003, 12:01 PM
Anybody ready for some football? Good luck and a injury-free game for both teams. Go bulls!!!

KL3
11-14-2003, 04:16 PM
Bellville 41
Giddings 9

BrahmaMom
11-14-2003, 04:17 PM
Thanks, 22, for understanding my number disability. I pick the Brahmas BY A LOT--I AM READY FOR FOOTBALL TONIGHT! GO BULLS!!!!!!

FormerBellvilleBrahma
11-14-2003, 05:19 PM
Bellville 38 Giddings 10

gochargers!!
11-14-2003, 05:38 PM
GO BUFFS!!!!!!!

3ahunter2k4
11-14-2003, 06:13 PM
i'm gonna say bellville wins 29-7 for some reason

3ahunter2k4
11-14-2003, 06:16 PM
BULLDOGFAN:
I wish Bellville the best. It sure seems odd that they have turned around the programm that much but so be it. Last year it was one of the games bandera had little trouble with. But things change obviously. Good Luck Brahma's. Kick Butt.if you went to any other game last season you wouldn't have said that. nothing needs to be turned around, we have a 13-1 and 13-2 season behind us... we're just gonna peak this year.

<small>[ November 14, 2003, 05:18 PM: Message edited by: 3ahunter2k4 ]</small>

Bull's-eye
11-15-2003, 01:10 AM
Great job KL3 with the 41-9 prediction! Final score 44-7 Bellville over Giddings.