PDA

View Full Version : Quan Cosby in 2009 Draft?

Fotbol
04-30-2008, 11:33 AM
Will Quan Cosby be drafted next year if he has a 8 TD pass year next year, and we he be a first rounder?

g$$
04-30-2008, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by Fotbol
Will Quan Cosby be drafted next year if he has a 8 TD pass year next year, and we he be a first rounder?

1st rounder (no WRs taken in 1st round this year btw)? No way, just not that caliber. Solid player but not a burner & small. Will get a look as slot receiver & kick returner.

See TT's Danny Amendola or Texas' Billy Pittman for comparison: NFL free agent.

Fotbol
04-30-2008, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by g$$
1st rounder (no WRs taken in 1st round this year btw)? No way, just not that caliber. Solid player but not a burner & small. Will get a look as slot receiver & kick returner.

See TT's Danny Amendola for comparison: NFL free agent.
I think Texas two small guys will be very dangerous this year, Shipley, and
Cosby could have a banner filled year!

g$$
04-30-2008, 11:47 AM

Good players no doubt, but you asked if Cosby would be a 1st rounder. Absolutely no way. Just not that elite of a WR, & I say that objectively speaking. NFL is a different league full of studs. I think they both get a look if healthy. Cosby is also older since he played minor league baseball for a few years. That works against him age-wise. Proliferation of spread offenses & more 4 wide sets helps smaller guys in the NFL now (see success of Welker, etc.).

Adidas410s
04-30-2008, 12:39 PM
maybe if that banner is from the Holiday Bowl...then I guess they could have a "banner filled year."

injuredinmelee
04-30-2008, 01:18 PM
its so sweet to see you tech fans with your heads in the clouds about winning the conference or going to a BCS game.

g$$
04-30-2008, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
its so sweet to see you tech fans with your heads in the clouds about winning the conference or going to a BCS game.

But on paper, Tech really has a chance to be very good next year. And that's coming from an Aggie! We'll see what happens.