PDA

View Full Version : Jay-z Officially Enters Deshawn/lebron Feud

Fotbol
04-30-2008, 10:05 AM
NBA and hip hop cross paths in the Wizards/Cavs playoff series.
*The Washington Wizards are preparing to fight for their playoff lives tonight in a do-or-die Game Five against the Cleveland Cavaliers. The battle, however, will not just be on the basketball court.

A pre-series beef between the Wizards' DeShawn Stevenson and the Cavs' LeBron James took a left turn through rapper Soulja Boy in Game Three and has now landed in the lap of Jay-Z.

The drama began before Game One with Stevenson calling James "overrated." James responded: "With DeShawn Stevenson, it's kind of funny. It's almost like Jay-Z [responding to a negative comment] made by Soulja Boy. It doesn't make sense." The Cavs went on to win the first two games of the series in Cleveland.

For Game Three in Washington, Stevenson tracked down Soulja Boy and sat him courtside to heckle James. The Wizards win by a huge margin.

Leading up to tonight's Game Five, Jay-Z has responded with a dis track against Stevenson. Borrowing the beat and title of Too Short's "Blow the Whistle," Jigga raps: "Ask my n*gga LeBron / we so big we ain't gotta respond / When you talking to a don / Please have respect like you talking to your mom."

LeBron's teammate Damon Jones reportedly had local club DJs play Jay-Z's track while adding his own anti-Stevenson rhymes. Upon hearing about the track and Jones' freestyles, Wizards player Caron Butler brought it to Stevenson's attention.

"He says he has a lot of swag, but I don't think that's something to do," Stevenson said of James. "This is basketball. I'm not worried about the song. I'm not worried about what he did. But for Damon Jones to get on the mic. And I heard he was saying foul stuff about me and stuff like that, they're taking it beyond basketball to me."

Stevenson added: "Everybody is saying the bad things that I'm saying nationally, but they don't understand why I'm mad. That stuff doesn't come out. I'd rather be the bad guy. People think I'm going at him, but they don't see the little stabs that he's doing."

"When I had Soulja Boy here. It was on the court," Stevenson said. "It was nothing disrespecting him or his family or even foul language."

As for Jay-Z's contribution to the situation, Stevenson said: "Jay-Z is a legend. He'll go down in history. No disrespect to Jay-Z. I take it as a compliment. I like his music. I like everything he does. I would never go at a legend."

Jay-Z "Blow the Whistle" (DeShawn Stevenson Diss)

District303aPastPlayer
04-30-2008, 10:46 AM
i heard the Jay Z song, then some dude from DC named Proverb wants to get involved... yeah... see how many different tracks this inspires...

Fotbol
04-30-2008, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
i heard the Jay Z song, then some dude from DC named Proverb wants to get involved... yeah... see how many different tracks this inspires...
Wonder if Jay-Z will be attending the Cavs game tonite?:thinking:

jason
04-30-2008, 01:09 PM
rap songs about feuding basketball players???

(c)rap music sure has gone downhill...

lebron should get as far away from this as possible...

injuredinmelee
04-30-2008, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by jason

You are right. James must seperate himself and speak out publicly.

eagles_victory
04-30-2008, 02:03 PM
Lebron cant go down to the level of a guy like Deshawn Stevenson. I mean this is what Stevenson is going to be known for in his career as the guy who tried to call out Lebron James lord knows he hasnt done too much else besides make that goofy gesture. I think Lebron has handled it pretty well being that he has had two obvious cheap shots taken at him and has yet to retaliate yet even though you could tell he wanted Stevenson after that one the other day.

Maroon87
04-30-2008, 02:41 PM
What feud? Lebron is killing the Wizards. Stevenson and his boys need to shut the hell up and play.

Fotbol
04-30-2008, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by jason

Would you have like it better if it was Country Music....LOL:D

waterboy
04-30-2008, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by Fotbol
Would you have like it better if it was Country Music....LOL:D
I know I sho' would!:D Ain't no rap man myself. Rap sucks!:D

Matthew328
04-30-2008, 07:38 PM
pretty amusing if you ask me...I like LeBron's line about Soulja Boy tryin to diss Jigga...funny stuff