PDA

View Full Version : Brownwood ISD----breaking story !!!!!!!!

nobogey72
04-30-2008, 09:01 AM
Brownwood, Tx.

In an unprecedented move Brownwood ISD Asst. Superintendant Hugh G. Rekshun has filed with the UIL to remain in 4A for the next 2 yrs, rather than move down to 3A. Rekshun stated 2 main reasons for the request. Rekshun said, "First of all, we just flat don't have enough room in our trophy case to handle what we expect to be a banner couple of years." He went on tho say, "It's not fair to the Brownwood taxpayers to ask them to pass a bond election for expansion." Rekshun went on to say, "We also don't want to ruin our good relationship with our friends in Sweetwater, Wylie, Snyder, etc. We feel that we would have an unfair advantage over them due to our storied past." Long time Assistant Lunch Room Monitor Dixie Normus was asked how she felt about the startling news and she responded, "Do Whut?" More details to follow as this story unfolds.

:eek: :eek: :D

Lion_Addict
04-30-2008, 09:15 AM
Who leaked this information :thinking: ???!!!! They should be hung! I was afraid it was gonna come out sooner or later though. DAMN...... :D :tisk:

Adidas410s
04-30-2008, 09:47 AM
Originally posted by nobogey72
Superintendant Hugh G. Rekshun...Dixie Normus

Originally posted by Lion_Addict
They should be hung!

That's what she said...:eek: :eek: :eek:

jason
04-30-2008, 09:51 AM
haha....

good catch....

Black_Magic
04-30-2008, 09:54 AM
Originally posted by jason

good catch.... a phrase you never hear in sweetwater unless your talking about Snakes!

44INAROW
04-30-2008, 11:00 AM
someone needs to come explain to my coworkers why I am laughing hysterically in my office .................. :D :D :D

scrub c
04-30-2008, 11:01 AM
lol, good one...

BwdLions
04-30-2008, 11:02 AM
Brownwood, Tx.

In an unprecedented move Brownwood ISD Asst. Superintendant Hugh G. Rekshun has filed with the UIL to remain in 4A for the next 2 yrs, rather than move down to 3A. Rekshun stated 2 main reasons for the request. Rekshun said, "First of all, we just flat don't have enough room in our trophy case to handle what we expect to be a banner couple of years." He went on tho say, "It's not fair to the Brownwood taxpayers to ask them to pass a bond election for expansion." Rekshun went on to say, "We also don't want to ruin our good relationship with our friends in Sweetwater, Wylie, Snyder, etc. We feel that we would have an unfair advantage over them due to our storied past." Long time Assistant Lunch Room Monitor Dixie Normus was asked how she felt about the startling news and she responded, "Do Whut?" More details to follow as this story unfolds.

:eek: :eek: :D

:clap:

crzyjournalist03
04-30-2008, 11:23 AM
Hugh G. Rekshun

:fnypost:

Lion_Addict
04-30-2008, 11:35 AM
Who leaked this information :thinking: ???!!!! They should be hung! I was afraid it was gonna come out sooner or later though. DAMN...... :D :tisk:

Nobody recognized my whitty little "play along" :(

nobogey72
04-30-2008, 11:41 AM

I did!!!!!!! Some people just don't have "an eye" for that kind of thing.:D :D

Lion_Addict
04-30-2008, 11:44 AM
That was great by the way.... :clap: :clap: :clap:

BwdLion_80
04-30-2008, 12:02 PM
Yall are all sick!!!!

Funny as can be, but sick!

Adidas410s
04-30-2008, 12:43 PM
look at the post I made right below yours....I was all over it like a jimmy hat.

Texasfootball2
04-30-2008, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
look at the post I made right below yours....I was all over it like a jimmy hat.

Jimmy Hat?????:thinking: Is that the same thing as a........................................well..... .................prof..............oh you know.

Lion_Addict
04-30-2008, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s

OK......I acknowledge your knowledge :thumbsup:

nobogey72
04-30-2008, 03:04 PM
Hey, I just thought of something. You Brownwood posters, if any of you know Mr. Rekshun, tell him to call the Snyder Sup and see if they would be willing to share their EXCESS trophy case space with yaw'll. I think the Snyder superintendant's name is Dr. Craven Morehead.:nerd: :tisk: :tisk: :2thumbsup :taunt:

its_n_D_water
04-30-2008, 03:07 PM
ouch

Texasfootball2
04-30-2008, 03:22 PM
Hey, I just thought of something. You Brownwood posters, if any of you know Mr. Rekshun, tell him to call the Snyder Sup and see if they would be willing to share their EXCESS trophy case space with yaw'll. I think the Snyder superintendant's name is Dr. Craven Morehead.:nerd: :tisk: :tisk: :2thumbsup :taunt:

If you can't get a hold of the Sup. call the principal. His name is Phil McGroen or his assist. principal Hugh Jorgen. There both very helpful.

nobogey72
04-30-2008, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by Texasfootball2
If you can't get a hold of the Sup. call the principal. His name is Phil McGroen or his assist. principal Hugh Jorgen. There both very helpful.

Principal's secretary's name is Mona Thypleez. I think they call her "Little Mo" due to being very short.:eek:

eppy 12
05-07-2008, 10:05 AM
Brownwood, Tx.

:eek: :eek: :D excuse me for bringing this one back up but having been on the ban-wagon i just have to say that this is hilarious. and i do so without pics:clap: well done nobogey72.

Texasfootball2
05-07-2008, 10:22 AM
Excuse you:doh: for bring it back UP!:thinking: Oh I get it:D it's all about our man Hugh:thumbsup:

Phantom Stang
05-07-2008, 10:44 AM
The starter post of this thread has to go down as one of the funniest things ever written on the Downlow!:clap: :clap:

garciap77
05-07-2008, 12:19 PM
Nobogey72 back to work!:wave: :wave: Good one!:clap: :clap: :clap:

LH810
05-07-2008, 12:55 PM
I dont understand why brownwood thinks they would dominate 3a, and they only beat burnet by three.
LH would destroy brownwood.
Maybe LH should go to 4A :evil:

LH810
05-07-2008, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by LH810
I dont understand why brownwood thinks they would dominate 3a, and they only beat burnet by three.

Brownwood won in a close game 12-9
LH beat burnet 35-17
Funny how things work out

garciap77
05-07-2008, 12:57 PM

Yes!!!!!!!:clap: :clap: :clap:
NOT:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Lion_Addict
05-07-2008, 01:01 PM

:blahblah:

Ranger Mom
05-07-2008, 01:32 PM
How in the world did I miss this post the first go around!!:doh:

Lion_Addict
05-07-2008, 01:34 PM
It's been quite humorous :D

STANG RED
05-07-2008, 01:34 PM

you obviously missed the point of this thread entirely. Go read the first post again and see if you can figure it out.:p

LionKing
05-07-2008, 01:50 PM
Maybe LH should go to 4A :evil: To the originator of the post, that was funny.

LH810 : c'mon, get with the fun, don't be a dork.

BwdLions
05-07-2008, 02:09 PM
I'm just glad that Brownwood is getting so much attention on this board. I guess being the new kid in town (and having a very impressive resume) is the reason.

So far the best is LH810 saying "I don't understand why Brownwood thinks they would dominate 3a, and they only beat Burnett by three. LH would destroy Brownwood. Maybe LH should go to 4A"

Don't worry sport, you'll get your chance to desroy Brownwood soon enough. ;)

nobogey72
05-08-2008, 07:13 AM
Originally posted by BwdLions
I'm just glad that Brownwood is getting so much attention on this board. I guess being the new kid in town (and having a very impressive resume) is the reason.

So far the best is LH810 saying "I don't understand why Brownwood thinks they would dominate 3a, and they only beat Burnett by three. LH would destroy Brownwood. Maybe LH should go to 4A"

Don't worry sport, you'll get your chance to desroy Brownwood soon enough. ;)

I have to admit that when the reallignment came out, everyone around Wylie was real excited about having Brownwood in our district along with Snyder, Graham, Sweetwater and that other school over by Albany (can't remember the name, but I think it starts with a B), but the closer it gets, the more it dawns on me that a couple of pretty good programs will be watching the playoffs by buying a ticket. Makes me nervous, and gives me butterflies, which is a good thing. It should be great fun. OH, Yeah, I just remembered, that other school is Breckenridge.:2thumbsup :stirpot: :taunt: