PDA

View Full Version : Rockets vs Jazz Game 5

Astrosdawg07
04-29-2008, 08:49 PM
For those who don't have NBA TV you can listen to it on NBA league pass...

HEMOTOXIC
04-29-2008, 10:01 PM
Go Rockets!

Bull Butter
04-29-2008, 10:56 PM
Rockets win, which ensures at least one more game in the broadcasting careers of Gene Peterson & Jim Foley:)

JasperDog94
04-30-2008, 08:20 AM
That was a great 26 point beat down by the Rockets. And it couldn't happen to a nicer team.:D

Bull's-eye
04-30-2008, 09:32 AM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
That was a great 26 point beat down by the Rockets. And it couldn't happen to a nicer team.:D

:iagree:

Houston will have a tough time winning game 6 in Utah, but this decisive win should give the Rockets some momentum and a little more confidence. Houston has actually played much better with the return of Rafer Alston. They are 2-1 with their starting point guard and were very close to winning game 4.

Phil C
04-30-2008, 11:17 AM
If Yao hadn't got hurt they would win it for sure.

eagles_victory
04-30-2008, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by Phil C
If Yao hadn't got hurt they would win it for sure. He wasnt hurt last year and they didnt beat them. I hate when people say stuff like that well he is hurt so it doesnt matter.

g$$
04-30-2008, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
He wasnt hurt last year and they didnt beat them. I hate when people say stuff like that well he is hurt so it doesnt matter.

Houston is a different team this year, & Yao is definitely a difference-maker. Count on 22 pts. & 11 boards per night. Much different mix this year (Scola, Landry, Jackson, etc.). Yao being out is huge, just not much inside presence. That's not an excuse but reality. This team won 55 regular season games in a loaded West (much of it without Yao). Adelman has done a great job, as has GM Morey.

If Houston can get Game 6 in Utah (doubtful), I think they win the series. Road ends there for either team though IMO.

kepdawg
04-30-2008, 11:55 AM
If Olajuwon was there the Rockets would have already won!

g$$
04-30-2008, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by Astrosdawg07
For those who don't have NBA TV you can listen to it on NBA league pass...

It was on Ch. 20 KTXH in Houston Area (Ch. 4 Comcast). They show the playoff games for non-cable subscribers or those wanting to hear local broadcast.

JasperDog94
04-30-2008, 12:27 PM
Flops by the Jazz have hurt the Rockets at critical times. The refs weren't calling any flops last night and Houston won. We'll see what happens in Game 6.

g$$
04-30-2008, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
Flops by the Jazz

Utah Jazz basketball, then & now. Oxymoron too because Jerry Sloan was a tough, physical guard & his teams play hard...then flop like they just got shot. Malone & Stockton's teams did it too. Drives me crazy! Play the game the right way & may the best team win.

Bull's-eye
04-30-2008, 01:52 PM
There was one play were Williams fell (flopped) to the floor. T-Mac just turned around and drove abated for an easy score. When the official didn't call foul, the look on Williams face was priceless.

eagles_victory
04-30-2008, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by g$$
Utah Jazz basketball, then & now. Oxymoron too because Jerry Sloan was a tough, physical guard & his teams play hard...then flop like they just got shot. Malone & Stockton's teams did it too. Drives me crazy! Play the game the right way & may the best team win. Two biggest floppers in the league Andrei Kirlinko sp? and Manu

g$$
04-30-2008, 02:10 PM
Two biggest floppers in the league Andrei Kirlinko sp? and Manu

Scola will too - must be in the Argentina water! Good call on those two guys as well.

Fotbol
04-30-2008, 02:11 PM
Rockets win Game 6 Go Rockets!

eagles_victory
04-30-2008, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by g$$
Scola will too - must be in the Argentina water! Good call on those two guys as well. It is pretty common place among international players Dirk will get in their and flop also. And Anderson Varajeo from Brazil on Cleveland I forgot about him but he may be up there with AK and Manu

g$$
04-30-2008, 02:19 PM
It is pretty common place among international players Dirk will get in their and flop also. And Anderson Varajeo from Brazil on Cleveland I forgot about him but he may be up there with AK and Manu

Correct, been that way for years. You don't usually see "our" guys do it quite so much. Kobe expects every call like most superstars. Laimbeer was a flopper. But international guys do it all the time.

Bull's-eye
04-30-2008, 06:49 PM
Originally posted by g$$
Scola will too - must be in the Argentina water! Good call on those two guys as well.

There is a fine line between flopping and drawing the offensive foul. Scola is more like Battier, he will try to get position and draw the charge. Those guys usually pay the price and are on the receiving end of the actual contact. Floppers tend to pretend or act like they got fouled. They want to make a little contact appear to be more than it actually was, basically trying to deceive the officials into calling a foul. I don't like the floppers, but I do approve of the players (like Battier) who have the guts & brains to draw a charge. They usually end up on the floor from real contact.

Bull's-eye
04-30-2008, 08:33 PM
I found a video of AK47's mom. She can flop better than her son!

http://www.snotr.com/video/1016

DDBooger
04-30-2008, 08:34 PM
Originally posted by g$$
But international guys do it all the time. did you watch the world cup? THAT IS FLOPPING! couldn't watch it after the Italians flopped their way to a victory over Australia
:hijacktd:

g$$
04-30-2008, 09:00 PM
Originally posted by Bull's-eye
There is a fine line between flopping and drawing the offensive foul. Scola is more like Battier, he will try to get position and draw the charge. Those guys usually pay the price and are on the receiving end of the actual contact. Floppers tend to pretend or act like they got fouled. They want to make a little contact appear to be more than it actually was, basically trying to deceive the officials into calling a foul. I don't like the floppers, but I do approve of the players (like Battier) who have the guts & brains to draw a charge. They usually end up on the floor from real contact.

I know the difference & I also know Shane Battier is a great defensive player. Scola will flop & does, just like his buddy Manu Ginobili. And I'm a life-long Rockets' fan! I never mentioned Battier & flopping in the same sentence for a reason: Battier doesn't do it.

Bull's-eye
04-30-2008, 09:48 PM
Battier was my example of what is not flopping. I have watched Scola make many "Battier" type plays where he drew the offensive charge. I think Scola attempts to draw the charge a bit too much and I would just rather see him play some good ole stand up defense. He has been called for the block on too many occasions, but I don't see Scola anywhere close to those so called floppers.

g$$
05-01-2008, 05:25 PM
Battier was my example of what is not flopping. I have watched Scola make many "Battier" type plays where he drew the offensive charge. I think Scola attempts to draw the charge a bit too much and I would just rather see him play some good ole stand up defense. He has been called for the block on too many occasions, but I don't see Scola anywhere close to those so called floppers.

Keep watching then...& I like Scola's heart & hustle too. He will flop quite often. I'm with you, just play good solid D & see what happens.

Booger: yes, international guys flop a lot. Different game in many respects overseas. Traveling rule is very liberalized & more of a finesse game. Scola is adjusting & getting better. Has to learn to finish at the rim better against size & length. He is not a great leaper or athlete, more of a footwork & creativity guy. Scola & Landry provide a solid 4 position for the Rockets over the next few years when paired with Yao at the 5. Landry will have to be re-signed & will be.

Necks_Fan
05-01-2008, 09:07 PM
There was one play were Williams fell (flopped) to the floor. T-Mac just turned around and drove abated for an easy score. When the official didn't call foul, the look on Williams face was priceless. Shouldn't it be "unabated"?

Lol.;)

g$$
05-01-2008, 09:35 PM
Originally posted by Necks_Fan
Shouldn't it be "unabated"?

Lol.;)

I saw that too but didn't want to be mean. "Unabated" it should be...

Necks_Fan
05-01-2008, 09:45 PM
Originally posted by g$$
I saw that too but didn't want to be mean. "Unabated" it should be... Lol. I like to correct grammar.

:D

Bull's-eye
05-01-2008, 10:05 PM
Typo.......I saw it but it was to late edit the post.