PDA

View Full Version : MORE Insight on Beating the Rice Raiders

CaptainCommon
12-04-2003, 05:16 PM
Just as I promised, this week I will continue to unveil the methods in which teams can upend the Raiders. Now I know that some of this stuff may seem obvious and some of you knowledgeable pigskin fans may not appreciate my wisdom. And believe me, I am not tryin' to mettle in the braintrust of PI. However, these tips have beaten teams such as LSU State, University of Georgia University, Texas A&M Agricultural and Mechanical, Boys Ranch, Callisburg and other powerhouse football schools. So, without any further adieu, here are more tendencies the Raiders favor:

1. Anytime Rice has had the ball on the hash (Right or Left), they will tend to be on that side of the field.

2. If (AND WHEN) Rice tries to run a screen, make them pass.

Oh, yeah, one more thing, after they call timeout, they hustle back on the field and run the next play.

<small>[ December 04, 2003, 04:19 PM: Message edited by: CaptainCommon ]</small>

raiderradio
12-04-2003, 05:20 PM
THIS DUDE IS GREAT!LOL

3ahunter2k4
12-04-2003, 05:24 PM
i have to disagree... i was at the bellville-rice game and i think i would know. the main key to beating the rice raiders is to come away with a higher score than they do.

Jacket2000
12-04-2003, 05:30 PM
Hey, why dontcha team up with MSWNEWS or whatever that idiot from Burnet's name was. Hell, it'd be like havin' Vince Lombardi and Joe Paterno on the same staff!
J2K

afflac65
12-04-2003, 05:38 PM
captian common what you said is mostly accurate but you must remember one thing. that if you cant stop the basic formations why change. this is not rocket scientist football its easy. Rice just lines up man on man right in your face and beats you off the ball and just gets physical with you their is nothing fancy about it. their has been no team this year that has held rice running attack under 200 yards. their 2 losses came to a potent passing attack by bellvillewith 397 yards passing and only 82 yards rushing with one play going for 32 yards. the other game against wharton they dropped a 5 yard touchdown pass in the endzone that would have won the game against those giants from wharton.

WHEN YOU PLAY RICE CONSOLIDATED YOU BETTER EAT A GOOD BREAKFAST AND LUNCH BECAUSE YOU WILL NEED IT FOR 4 QUARTERS.

whtfbplaya
12-05-2003, 11:23 AM
afflac65:
captian common what you said is mostly accurate but you must remember one thing. that if you cant stop the basic formations why change. this is not rocket scientist football its easy. Rice just lines up man on man right in your face and beats you off the ball and just gets physical with you their is nothing fancy about it. their has been no team this year that has held rice running attack under 200 yards. their 2 losses came to a potent passing attack by bellvillewith 397 yards passing and only 82 yards rushing with one play going for 32 yards. the other game against wharton they dropped a 5 yard touchdown pass in the endzone that would have won the game against those giants from wharton.

WHEN YOU PLAY RICE CONSOLIDATED YOU BETTER EAT A GOOD BREAKFAST AND LUNCH BECAUSE YOU WILL NEED IT FOR 4 QUARTERS.Little long term memory problem. You must have forgot about the 2-3 td passes Wharton dropped, which would have made it a blow-out.

Brahma73
12-05-2003, 11:45 AM
whtfbplaya:

afflac65:

WHEN YOU PLAY RICE CONSOLIDATED YOU BETTER EAT A GOOD BREAKFAST AND LUNCH BECAUSE YOU WILL NEED IT FOR 4 QUARTERS.Little long term memory problem. You must have forgot about the 2-3 td passes Wharton dropped, which would have made it a blow-out.EXCUSES!!!!!!!! :rolleyes:
Human imperfection is a part of everything athletic. If we had the ability to change even a single play during the course of a game, it would not change only that play, but the entire game. What about the kickoffs that weren't returned for TD's? What about every running play that didn't score a touchdown? What about every other pass play that didn't score a touchdown? Isn't the goal of every play ultimately to score? It perturbs me so when I hear people talking about some dropped pass or some missed tackle or some single whatever being the difference of a game. Every single play is a combination of successes and failures, the compilation of which generates a numeric value known as the score. In laymen's terms: SCOREBOARD
Now get over the excuse mentality!

turbostud
12-05-2003, 12:09 PM
CaptainCommon Callisburg and other powerhouse football schoolsSince when has Callisburg been a powerhouse. :D Are you really from Laguna Heights?

footballgal
12-05-2003, 12:13 PM
turbostud:

CaptainCommon Callisburg and other powerhouse football schoolsSince when has Callisburg been a powerhouse. :D Are you really from Laguna Heights?Makes you wonder, first he/she said that it was from Acuff, (I think) now Laguna Heights? My guess he is from neither.

TarponFanInNorthTexas
12-05-2003, 12:57 PM
footballgal:

turbostud:

CaptainCommon Callisburg and other powerhouse football schoolsSince when has Callisburg been a powerhouse. :D Are you really from Laguna Heights?Makes you wonder, first he/she said that it was from Acuff, (I think) now Laguna Heights? My guess he is from neither.I grew up in Laguna Heights (suburb, so-to-speak, of Port Isabel).....and I don't claim him.