PDA

View Full Version : Vrazels Polka Band calling it quits

Antec
04-28-2008, 06:55 PM
This polka band from Buckholts- with brothers Alfred and Anton Vrazel

They have been playing for 55 years around the state and are retiring at the end of this year

I grew up on their music in the 1960s from age 12

They played at my wedding in Jan of 98

They are one of the best polka bands in the state

Anton and Alfred Vrazel would like to announce that Vrazels' Polka Band will retire at the end of 2008. After 55 years, thousands of performances, and who knows how many miles traveled, Anton (80) and Alfred (67) have decided to end their tenure in the polka music industry to spend more time with their families and enjoy some leisure time. While the band will retire, Alfred will continue to host his Sunday afternoon radio Polka Show.

"Over the years we have met many wonderful people who have touched our hearts and we sincerely hope that in some small way we may have touched their hearts as well.

"We would like to take this time to thank first and foremost our families for their support, patience, and understanding. We would also like to thank our current band members, Thomas Strmiska, Albert Heselmeyer, David Trojacek, and Patrick Strmiska for their talent, dedication, loyalty, and commitment. We would also like to thank all of the former musicians who have contributed to the Vrazels' sound.

"Lastly, to our dedicated fans who have supported us throughout the years—we could not have done it without you. You've given us wonderful memories to last a lifetime. Thank you from the bottom of our hearts."

The band members would be honored to see you at their remaining performances this year.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
04-28-2008, 07:09 PM
I have a Buckholts address and I've seen these guys play before, they're not half bad. My Bohemian side of the family will be upset.

c-town_balla
04-28-2008, 07:41 PM
The Marak Parish Picnic will never be the same....

:( :(

rockdale80
04-28-2008, 08:57 PM
Originally posted by c-town_balla
The Marak Parish Picnic will never be the same....

:( :(

Nor will the Cotton Fest. :(

Antec
04-28-2008, 09:04 PM
or the Kolache-Klobase Festival in East Bernard

Kolache Festival in Caldwell

yoemenkracker30
04-28-2008, 09:36 PM
I'd be willing to bet after they call it quits they still gather and play the picnic, don't see the problem with getting back together at least once a year

Antec
04-28-2008, 09:38 PM
They (with Alfred Vrazel) have the longest running radio show on KMIL

have been airing it on Sundays for over 40 years

c-town_balla
04-28-2008, 09:44 PM
john.
My it become the mike marek band? with the susaphone champions?

Antec
04-28-2008, 09:51 PM
Mike Marek married Lee Roy Matocha's daughter Janice

Matocha from Fayetteville had good band for almost 30 years before he retired -then passed away

With the exception of Dujka Brothers Band and Red Ravens, most of the polka bands have older musicians who have been playing forever

yoemenkracker30
04-28-2008, 09:52 PM
hahaha yeah right....dad doesn't organize those things, he just brings his tuba incase they want him to play but you never know lol

Vrabird
04-29-2008, 07:03 AM
The Vrazels played at my parents wedding 50 years ago at the Moravian Hall in Corn Hill,Texas. We are trying to get them out to see them one last time. Maybe at the Granger festival in August. Sad to see them hang it up. Really enjoy listening to their music. Just wish I could understand more of the words to the Czech songs.

trojan37
04-29-2008, 04:31 PM
The Vrazel's still can't hang with Brave Combo!:D

yoemenkracker30
04-29-2008, 05:24 PM
ok, brave combo is what i would consider a hybrid polka band therefore the previous statement is excluded

Antec
04-29-2008, 08:07 PM
Cant compare Brave Combo with Vrazels

Vrazels are more tradtional and Brave Combo has been labeled New Wave Polka

They have met and played at West Fest before

They have mutal respect for each other as well