PDA

View Full Version : Brownwood Lion fans...counting your chickens already?

Sweetwater Red
04-28-2008, 12:32 PM
Declaring 2008 a season of victory?:thinking: :devil:

http://www.brownwoodlions.com/

http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg53/detroit8990/bulletin.jpg

Black_Magic
04-28-2008, 12:47 PM
:rolleyes: If you read closer you see this statement on the site.... Kinda contradicts what your saying ....:rolleyes:

"Hide the women and children, the big boys are coming down! This is the general feeling I get, that a lot of 3A schools think Brownwood has, after seeing this year's UIL realignment. For the first time in over 48 years, the Brownwood Lions will not be playing in the UIL's second largest classification when the 2008-2009 school year opens up this fall. I can promise you, the Brownwood Lions have no thoughts that, just because we have moved down from 4A, we are going to just dominate and roll our way to state championship after state championship."

crzyjournalist03
04-28-2008, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
Declaring 2008 a season of victory?:thinking: :devil:

http://www.brownwoodlions.com/

http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg53/detroit8990/bulletin.jpg

See...I think that it means they're only expecting to pull off one win in 3A...hence the "season of victory" instead of "season of victories".

Sweetwater Red
04-28-2008, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by Black_Magic
:rolleyes: If you read closer you see this statement on the site.... Kinda contradicts what your saying ....:rolleyes:

"Hide the women and children, the big boys are coming down! This is the general feeling I get, that a lot of 3A schools think Brownwood has, after seeing this year's UIL realignment. For the first time in over 48 years, the Brownwood Lions will not be playing in the UIL's second largest classification when the 2008-2009 school year opens up this fall. I can promise you, the Brownwood Lions have no thoughts that, just because we have moved down from 4A, we are going to just dominate and roll our way to state championship after state championship."

That doesn't change the meaning of the sign now does it? It
still declares 2008 as a season of victory.

I can see it already. You're gonna jump on the Brownwood
bandwagon as soon as Snyder is eliminated from play-off
contention. Say....week eight of the regular season.:thinking:

jason
04-28-2008, 12:58 PM
i predict that snyder will beat sweetwater this year...

that is solely based on sweetwater being terrible last year and snyder being less terrible.....

and because sweetwater has girly pink endzones....

Sweetwater Red
04-28-2008, 01:05 PM
Originally posted by jason

that is solely based on sweetwater being terrible last year and snyder being less terrible.....

Anyone know how to bookmark threads for future reference? :D

LH Panther Mom
04-28-2008, 01:05 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
See...I think that it means they're only expecting to pull off one win in 3A...hence the "season of victory" instead of "season of victories".
:stirpot: :stirpot: ROFL!

LionKing
04-28-2008, 01:28 PM
Nice to see parts our site's front page over here on this site.

Sweetwater Red
04-28-2008, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by LionKing
Nice to see parts our site's front page over here on this site.

That's it?! Nothing else to say!? :foul:

:devil: :D :devil:

LionKing
04-28-2008, 01:37 PM
That's it?! Nothing else to say!? :foul:

:devil: :D :devil: Yes there is, Welcome on being a new member of brownwoodlions.com.

Sweetwater Red
04-28-2008, 01:48 PM
Yes there is, Welcome on being a new member of brownwoodlions.com.

Okay if you're going to be like that, I promise to show up over
there the day after Halloween and be very humble after beating
ya'll the night before.:thumbsup: :D

BwdLion_80
04-28-2008, 02:38 PM

One big difference is, I wrote the article and the guy that runs the site made the front page!

mustang68
04-28-2008, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by BwdLion_80
One big difference is, I wrote the article and the guy that runs the site made the front page!

Excellent article. I look forward to you sharing your evident football savvy with us on the downlow.

coachc45
04-28-2008, 03:56 PM

Are you sure on the 48 years part. I coulda sworn that Brownwood was 3A in the 80's. After the time of the creation of 5A.... specifically in 84-85?

Sweetwater Red
04-28-2008, 04:04 PM
Originally posted by coachc45
Are you sure on the 48 years part. I coulda sworn that Brownwood was 3A in the 80's. After the time of the creation of 5A.... specifically in 84-85?

http://idisk.mac.com/cboehme69-Public/thsf/b/brownwood.gif

BwdLions
04-28-2008, 04:36 PM
"A Season of Victory" could simply mean a winning record. It could mean making the playoffs. It could mean beating sweetwater by 50 points. However, I don't see where it says the Lions will win state just because we're in 3-A. I'm not saying we won't, but that's not what the article implies. You're just getting worried red because you have doubts about your mustangs.

Sweetwater Red
04-28-2008, 04:42 PM
Originally posted by BwdLions
"A Season of Victory" could simply mean a winning record. It could mean making the playoffs. It could mean beating sweetwater by 50 points. However, I don't see where it says the Lions will win state just because we're in 3-A. I'm not saying we won't, but that's not what the article implies. You're just getting worried red because you have doubts about your mustangs.

Oh great someone finally bites twenty minutes before quitting
time.:(

BwdLion_80
04-28-2008, 04:54 PM

When the UIL added the 5A class, Brownwood went 4A the same year and we have been there ever since, until now.

LionKing
04-28-2008, 05:25 PM
Are you sure on the 48 years part. I coulda sworn that Brownwood was 3A in the 80's. After the time of the creation of 5A.... specifically in 84-85? Last time Brownwood was 3A was 1979, when it was the 2nd largest classification, and 4A was the largest, of course in 1980 the U.I.L. changed all that when they did away with the B classification and 3A as we knew it became 4A. 2008 will be the first time Brownwood will be in the after 1980 3A classification.

Ranger Mom
04-28-2008, 06:31 PM
Originally posted by BwdLions
You're just getting worried red because you have doubts about your mustangs.

Or....he is just really bored and so enjoys stirring the pot!!:D

PHS Wildcats
04-28-2008, 07:43 PM
talk about seeing something and running with it:rolleyes:

Stangs325
04-29-2008, 12:45 AM
Originally posted by jason

haha people like you make me laugh

Black_Magic
04-29-2008, 08:55 AM
Anyone know how to bookmark threads for future reference? :D Sweetwater will not be even a .500 team next year and will finish 5th in district... Breck may eek them out though and get that 5th spot... Book mark that one Red...:p

Sweetwater Red
04-29-2008, 09:04 AM
Sweetwater will not be even a .500 team next year and will finish 5th in district... Breck may eek them out though and get that 5th spot... Book mark that one Red...:p

We'll be 6-1 when we roll up to Snyder Oct. 24th. When we
leave it'll be 7-1.:devil:

jason
04-29-2008, 09:06 AM
leave it'll be 7-1.:devil: wanna BET ???

Lion_Addict
04-29-2008, 09:08 AM

Now, them ain't even real chickens you're counting.....what an imagination :D :devil:

Black_Magic
04-29-2008, 09:08 AM
One big difference is, I wrote the article and the guy that runs the site made the front page! Since you wrote the article we can fix a couple of things. Snyders home side alone seats over 2500 people. the visitors also seats 2500( I believe you said the seating capacity is 2000 total). total is 5,000 not counting the extra bleachers that are brought in during football season. makes it a total of about 5,800 capacity. Leave the lawn chairs at home folks.. And Snyder has about as much in eating establishments as B-wood does give or take a handfull of places( I have been to both). I recomend a tallsups atAllsups:2thumbsup . Also Snyder is getting field turf installed starting the 10th of May. Just a few updates for you since you wrote it. Just so you wont be completly shocked that there is a real football stadium and a real town of over 10,000 people Here in Snyder.. FYI;)

Ranger Mom
04-29-2008, 09:11 AM
Since you wrote the article we can fix a couple of things. Snyders home side alone seats over 2500 people. the visitors also seats 2500( I believe you said the seating capacity is 2000 total). total is 5,000 not counting the extra bleachers that are brought in during football season. makes it a total of about 5,800 capacity. Leave the lawn chairs at home folks.. And Snyder has about as much in eating establishments as B-wood does give or take a handfull of places( I have been to both). I recomend a tallsups atAllsups:2thumbsup . Also Snyder is getting field turf installed starting the 10th of May. Just a few updates for you since you wrote it. Just so you wont be completly shocked that there is a real football stadium and a real town of over 10,000 people Here in Snyder.. FYI;)

Just curious....what do you think about the turf? I know you have always been a big fan of the natural grass field!

Black_Magic
04-29-2008, 09:14 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Just curious....what do you think about the turf? I know you have always been a big fan of the natural grass field! Well , its what alot of people wanted here. I personaly like a good grass field. Nothing like it IMO. The kind we are getting is top of the line and not the el cheap o stuff like in Sweetwater. Its some stuff like at Lowery and Shotwell stadium. so if your gona get some get the best.

Sweetwater Red
04-29-2008, 09:29 AM
Originally posted by Lion_Addict
Now, them ain't even real chickens you're counting.....what an imagination :D :devil:

Our non district schedule is pretty soft. Notice I didn't say
anything about the two district games after Snyder.:D

LionKing
04-29-2008, 10:14 AM
Since you wrote the article we can fix a couple of things. Snyders home side alone seats over 2500 people. the visitors also seats 2500( I believe you said the seating capacity is 2000 total). total is 5,000 not counting the extra bleachers that are brought in during football season. makes it a total of about 5,800 capacity. Leave the lawn chairs at home folks.. And Snyder has about as much in eating establishments as B-wood does give or take a handfull of places( I have been to both). I recomend a tallsups atAllsups:2thumbsup . Also Snyder is getting field turf installed starting the 10th of May. Just a few updates for you since you wrote it. Just so you wont be completly shocked that there is a real football stadium and a real town of over 10,000 people Here in Snyder.. FYI;) I believe BwdLion80 got the Snyder stadium capacity from TexasBob.com which lists it at 2,000, I've been to the stadium once many years ago and thought it might be bigger than that, TexasBob also lists Gordon Wood Stadium as 7,800 capacity even though several times I've seen 10,000 without added bleachers, the most I ever seen was over 12,000 for a 2003 5A playoff game between Arlington Lamar and San Angelo Central, fans were standing every where.
TexasBob may be a little conservative in their stadium figures.

Black_Magic
04-29-2008, 10:19 AM
I believe BwdLion80 got the Snyder stadium capacity from TexasBob.com which lists it at 2,000, I've been to the stadium once many years ago and thought it might be bigger than that, TexasBob also lists Gordon Wood Stadium as 7,800 capacity even though several times I've seen 10,000 without added bleachers, the most I ever seen was over 12,000 for a 2003 5A playoff game between Arlington Lamar and San Angelo Central, fans were standing every where.
TexasBob may be a little conservative in their stadium figures. actualy the " official seating capacity of Tiger stadium is 6,800. the 6,800 is seating Kids ( takes up less space than the average wide bottom . it actualy has a little over 5,000 seats. The home side alone seats over 2,500. Texas bob must be confused. The Jr High field seats around 1,800 to 2,000. Its just for your info. 2000 is WAY WAY off though.

Rocket
04-29-2008, 10:20 AM
I know one week that will be a victory for sure, that will be the week we play Sweetwater. :D

Sweetwater Red
04-29-2008, 10:40 AM
Originally posted by Rocket
I know one week that will be a victory for sure, that will be the week we play Sweetwater. :D

In what...girl's softball?:thinking: :devil:

BwdLions
04-29-2008, 11:04 AM
In what...girl's softball?:thinking: :devil:

Yes, that too. :clap:

NastySlot
04-29-2008, 11:05 AM
so wouldn't that be two weeks....and what about baseball?

Black_Magic
04-29-2008, 11:16 AM
Originally posted by NastySlot
so wouldn't that be two weeks....and what about baseball? Hey now!! Sweetwater is good at Tennis now days at least... One out of 12 sports aint that bad.... I guess:thinking:

Sweetwater Red
04-29-2008, 11:23 AM
One out of 12 sports aint that bad.... I guess:thinking:

Not considering that's been the case for Snyder for the last 25
years.:devil:

Texasfootball2
04-29-2008, 11:23 AM
Since you wrote the article we can fix a couple of things. Snyders home side alone seats over 2500 people. the visitors also seats 2500( I believe you said the seating capacity is 2000 total). total is 5,000 not counting the extra bleachers that are brought in during football season. makes it a total of about 5,800 capacity. Leave the lawn chairs at home folks.. And Snyder has about as much in eating establishments as B-wood does give or take a handfull of places( I have been to both). I recomend a tallsups atAllsups:2thumbsup . Also Snyder is getting field turf installed starting the 10th of May. Just a few updates for you since you wrote it. Just so you wont be completly shocked that there is a real football stadium and a real town of over 10,000 people Here in Snyder.. FYI;)

While your making changes, Bulldog stadium is also getting field turf and is adding about 1500 seats to the visiting stands. Will add another 2000 next year to the home stands.

Black_Magic
04-29-2008, 11:28 AM
Not considering that's been the case for Snyder for the last 25
years.:devil: How many sports state championships has sweetwater won in that span of time?:thinking:

Sweetwater Red
04-29-2008, 11:33 AM
How many sports state championships has sweetwater won in that span of time?:thinking:

Two off the top of my head and one second place finsh at the
state track meet to Cuero. That's just in the last few years.

Black_Magic
04-29-2008, 11:37 AM
Two off the top of my head and one second place finsh at the
state track meet to Cuero. That's just in the last few years. We have than that in Boys Golf alone.:rolleyes:

Sweetwater Red
04-29-2008, 11:55 AM
We have than that in Boys Golf alone.:rolleyes:

I am sorry. I thought you meant REAL sports. :doh:

garciap77
04-29-2008, 04:24 PM

Who's the lost to?:thinking: :thinking: :thinking: