PDA

View Full Version : Astros/Cards series

Maroon87
04-28-2008, 09:49 AM
What the hell is up with the Cards? They normally play the game pretty clean but they've gone out of their way to be punk a$$e$ this year, at least vs. Houston. They've had 3 bench clearing incidents already, including two in a row on Sat. & Sun. Is La Russa back on the sauce or what?:confused:

BreckTxLonghorn
04-28-2008, 09:52 AM
I haven't really followed this, but the incidents I saw on the highlights was after an Astros pitchers threw at a Cards batter?

Don't know the story and was watching on mute, but it looked like the 'stros instigated a bit.

More details on what happened are greatly appreciated though.

Buccaneer
04-28-2008, 10:49 AM
Saturday - Cardinal pitcher threw behind Ausmus. Sunday - Backe threw a high inside pitch to Molina(was not close to hitting him).

Maroon87
04-28-2008, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by BreckTxLonghorn
I haven't really followed this, but the incidents I saw on the highlights was after an Astros pitchers threw at a Cards batter?

Don't know the story and was watching on mute, but it looked like the 'stros instigated a bit.

More details on what happened are greatly appreciated though.

On Saturday, Oswalt hit Jason La Rue (an .048 batter) with 2 outs and no one on.

The next inning, the Cards pitcher buzzed one behind Ausmus in retaliation. Benches clear.

Why would Oswalt hit a guy in that kind of slump on purpose, especially in that situation? That makes no sense.

The thing yesterday was that Backe was in his windup when time was called by the ump. The next pitch was high and tight and Yadier Molina wanted to dance.

Keep drinking, Tony. You're a class ass...err...act.

Vrabird
04-28-2008, 11:16 AM
Think this all started earlier in the year when Backe confronted Pujols about not sliding at home plate in Houston. It happened in batting practice before a game and they had to be restrained. I think it was the game that Pujols went on to hit 2 HRS in the game.

Bull19
04-28-2008, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by Maroon87
On Saturday, Oswalt hit Jason La Rue (an .048 batter) with 2 outs and no one on.

The next inning, the Cards pitcher buzzed one behind Ausmus in retaliation. Benches clear.

Why would Oswalt hit a guy in that kind of slump on purpose, especially in that situation? That makes no sense.

The thing yesterday was that Backe was in his windup when time was called by the ump. The next pitch was high and tight and Yadier Molina wanted to dance.

Keep drinking, Tony. You're a class ass...err...act.

ditto that

Maroon87
04-28-2008, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by Vrabird
Think this all started earlier in the year when Backe confronted Pujols about not sliding at home plate in Houston. It happened in batting practice before a game and they had to be restrained. I think it was the game that Pujols went on to hit 2 HRS in the game.

Actually he slid, but he slid into Towles who wasn't even blocking the plate. It looked a bit dirty but oh well...I guess now we know how the Cards want to play.

Necks_Fan
04-28-2008, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by Buccaneer
Saturday - Cardinal pitcher threw behind Ausmus. Sunday - Backe threw a high inside pitch to Molina(was not close to hitting him). Actually, Molina almost got nailed in the coconut on that pitch. That was up and in and hitters don't like that especially considering the pitch before Backe had mouthed off to Molina.

I don't blame him for getting mad.

sahen
04-28-2008, 03:15 PM
Backe shouldve drilled Molina in the head on the next pitch to show him if he wanted to hit him in the first place he would have... Molina was being a prima dona or however u spell it, that pitch was just inside and not even close to hitting him, it started out over the plate and ran in....i have a feeling we will have a couple more bench clearings between the cards and astros before the year is out...

Necks_Fan
04-28-2008, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by sahen
Backe shouldve drilled Molina in the head on the next pitch to show him if he wanted to hit him in the first place he would have... Molina was being a prima dona or however u spell it, that pitch was just inside and not even close to hitting him, it started out over the plate and ran in....i have a feeling we will have a couple more bench clearings between the cards and astros before the year is out... Started out over the plate? Were we watching the same game?

That pitch was eye level and WAY in. Over the plate my a$$.

I'm a diehard Astros fan but that pitch was UP AND IN big time. He had every reason to get mad because the ump called time not Molina on the pitch before. It's pretty stupid of you to condone pitching at a player's head.

:hand: :doh: :thinking:

That ain't cool no matter who you are.