PDA

View Full Version : Question about hosting a baseball playoff game...

HippoBaseball05
04-27-2008, 11:17 PM
Gatesville is coming to Hutto for game 2 of our series this Saturday.

Since I am the announcer for the Hippos, I was wondering if there is a different set of rules for in-house media that is to be played. I thought there might be a different set of rules for the playoffs and if it is considered too much of a 'home field advantage'.

I know a couple of years ago we played Fairfield at Lorena. The PA guy played random walk-up songs for both teams. Am I alowed to continue to play our own personal walk-up music for the guys or do I have to make some random ones for Gatesville as well?

:thinking:

coach
04-27-2008, 11:37 PM
Originally posted by HippoBaseball05

Since I am the announcer for the Hippos, I was wondering if there is a different set of rules for in-house media that is to be played. I thought there might be a different set of rules for the playoffs and if it is considered too much of a 'home field advantage'.

I know a couple of years ago we played Fairfield at Lorena. The PA guy played random walk-up songs for both teams. Am I alowed to continue to play our own personal walk-up music for the guys or do I have to make some random ones for Gatesville as well?

i was at that game lol played second and short...what u can do is just use ur guys music for them so lets say ur lead off batter's walk up song is 'I Am Number 1" by Nelly then the opposing team can be that too..and so on and so on

HippoBaseball05
04-27-2008, 11:45 PM
I guess I'll just make at least 20 song clips for Gatesville for when they bat.

The guys won't want to share their music I'm sure.

Back in 2006 when we played y'all at Lorena I know it was totally random songs they played for the guys but one thing was hilarious...

Every time our star athlete, (Jeremy Kerley) came up to bat it never failed that 'Play the funky music white boy' was blaring over the speakers....

Jeremy for those that don't know is African-American.

:D

coach
04-27-2008, 11:50 PM
I guess I'll just make at least 20 song clips for Gatesville for when they bat.

The guys won't want to share their music I'm sure.

Back in 2006 when we played y'all at Lorena I know it was totally random songs they played for the guys but one thing was hilarious...

Every time our star athlete, (Jeremy Kerley) came up to bat it never failed that 'Play the funky music white boy' was blaring over the speakers....

Jeremy for those that don't know is African-American.

:D

lol he was good we lost on a hellacious throw from right field at home plate...i remember he had just came from the regional track meet..and i do remember the pa guy playing that it wass funny

g$$
04-28-2008, 12:52 AM

Since it will be played at your home field, I believe you can continue as usual as agreed upon by the coaches & administration of both schools. Different than "neutral site" games like the one you mentioned. I have witnessed teams keeping their normal routines at home. Isn't Game 1 at their place? Anyone on here know anything different?

In college NCAA play, the home site team cannot play music or do anything that could give them an "advantage". They get the pleasure of hosting plus a nice check. That's it, including the same ticket rules (comps) as the other teams too. Obviously the home team should have more fans in attendance.

g$$
04-28-2008, 03:35 AM
"In college NCAA play, the home site team cannot play music or do anything that could give them an 'advantage'. They get the pleasure of hosting plus a nice check. That's it, including the same ticket rules (comps) as the other teams too. Obviously the home team should have more fans in attendance." --g$$

Referring to NCAA Regionals & Super Regionals...not normal home games. Sorry about that.

3afan
04-28-2008, 06:04 AM
its YOUR park, its a HOME game ..... I would think you can do what you normally do

HippoBaseball05
04-28-2008, 05:49 PM
Originally posted by g$$
"In college NCAA play, the home site team cannot play music or do anything that could give them an 'advantage'. They get the pleasure of hosting plus a nice check. That's it, including the same ticket rules (comps) as the other teams too. Obviously the home team should have more fans in attendance." --g$$

Referring to NCAA Regionals & Super Regionals...not normal home games. Sorry about that.

I knew it was the case for college regionals and supers. I was at all of the Olsen regional games last year and noticed they couldn't play the guys music.

As for the series against Gatesville, we play at their park friday night @ 7 p.m. On Saturday we host game 2 @ 2 p.m. and game 3 if needed thirty minutes after game 2.