PDA

View Full Version : How big and fast is jasper?

CHEVY
12-01-2002, 09:37 AM
does anyone have any idea?

Titans
12-01-2002, 09:41 AM
Biggest 3A team I've seen. Some could mistaken them for a 5A team...easy. Speed? Come on, it's Jasper. Plenty of it.

Speed and size doesn't win games and Burnet has a good sound defense. Like I said in a post, well coached and outstanding technique.

I'm impressed with both teams, but I give Jasper the edge...barely.

CHEVY
12-01-2002, 09:44 AM
who did jasper lose to?

29x281
12-01-2002, 09:47 AM
[Lou Holtz voice]They're probably the greatest collection of athletes ever assembled on the high school level, at any sport, in any classification.

They're a virtual reincarnation of the 1990 Dallas Carter team that had Jessie Armstead and 8 other Division I recruits.[/Lou Holtz voice]

Titans
12-01-2002, 09:48 AM
Lost (on the field) to Houston Stake Jesuit with a few starters out due to injury, suspension, whatever.

The other blemish is a game in which they had to forfeit. They destroyed Newton but forfeited that game. Grade mistake. Classy enough to turn themselves.

CHEVY
12-01-2002, 09:52 AM
thanks for answering my question titans.

Birdman
12-01-2002, 10:21 AM
After seeing the Bulldogs up close and personal yesterday, believe me they are the real deal. When our game with Jasper was over yesterday, two 5-A schools took the field in the Astrodome (Alief Hastings and Pearland) and did not compare to Jasper's size (other than having greater numbers). My Bridge City Cardinals played a very solid game and went down by 28 points. I am hoping to see Jasper and Burnet play next week. Good luck to all teams still in the fray! :cool: