PDA

View Full Version : No Tommy Blake?

mistanice
04-27-2008, 06:23 PM
What happened to him? Wasn't in the draft picture at all, just wondering if he was still having personal issues and did it affect his draft status.

Adidas410s
04-27-2008, 06:36 PM
That drove him from a Day 1 pick to a possible 6th or 7th round pick. He ended up not getting drafted at all. :(

Phil C
04-27-2008, 06:45 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
That drove him from a Day 1 pick to a possible 6th or 7th round pick. He ended up not getting drafted at all. :(

That is bad news. Hopefully he can get on as a walk on. He is a good kid and deserves a chance and I hope he makes it.

mistanice
04-27-2008, 06:48 PM
sad situation

piratebg
04-27-2008, 07:18 PM
I think someone will take him as a walk on. He really is a great player who has just seen some bad times. I think someone will take a chance on him.

Necks_Fan
04-27-2008, 07:20 PM
Originally posted by piratebg
I think someone will take him as a walk on. He really is a great player who has just seen some bad times. I think someone will take a chance on him. the cowboys will most definitely take a chance.;)

piratebg
04-27-2008, 07:22 PM
Originally posted by Necks_Fan
the cowboys will most definitely take a chance.;)

I was kind of banking on one of the Texas teams to do so. I figured he was not going to be drafted this weekend.

LH Panther Mom
04-27-2008, 07:23 PM
Originally posted by Necks_Fan
the cowboys will most definitely take a chance.;)
I certainly hope you're not implying what I took from that post. :mad:

PHS Wildcats
04-27-2008, 11:03 PM
I thought he'd be drafted on day2

g$$
04-28-2008, 01:00 AM
Originally posted by piratebg
I think someone will take him as a walk on. He really is a great player who has just seen some bad times. I think someone will take a chance on him.

Free agent (walk-ons are in college) - he will have a chance to make a team. Blake was projected last year as a 1st rounder (top 15 picks), but his personal issues & leaving the TCU team twice this past year cost him millions of dollars. The Houston paper did a piece on him. Sad situation but if he can get his mental health right & get his weight down to where it needs to be again, he can still be a player.

I sure hope the Texans take a look at him. Talent is there, just gotta get his mind right again & weight down to where it was as a speed rusher off edge (265ish not 290ish). Supposedly a really good guy battling some demons (depression, bipolar disorder, etc.). He spoke about it on that ESPN show E:60 last week. His problems are NOT drug or alcohol related.

g$$
04-29-2008, 07:09 AM
Anybody hear with whom or if Tommy Blake signed as a FA?

Wish him all the best.

g$$
04-29-2008, 08:49 AM
Originally posted by g$$
His problems are NOT drug or alcohol related.

Unconfirmed reports on web & radio say that Tommy Blake failed his drug test at the NFL Combine, thus contributing to why he went undrafted (along with clinical depression & social anxiety disorder, etc.). If this is true, I am sure it will be more widespread soon.

Sad story - this info. is out there & I hope it is wrong. Don't shoot the messenger. Blake was regarded as a top 15 talent & definite 1st rounder after junior year at TCU. Hope he gets the help he needs & turns his life around ASAP.

crzyjournalist03
04-29-2008, 09:09 AM
Originally posted by g$$
Anybody hear with whom or if Tommy Blake signed as a FA?

Wish him all the best.

I posted a link in a thread yesterday somewhere that says he's going to work out for Tampa Bay later this week.

yoemenkracker30
04-29-2008, 05:31 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
I posted a link in a thread yesterday somewhere that says he's going to work out for Tampa Bay later this week.

sure hope it works out, he would be a good one for monte if he gets everything figured out