PDA

View Full Version : Just a question.....

Rabbit_93
08-04-2002, 11:08 PM
...for all the die hard 3A fans. Would you like to see Celina do well in there first year of 3A ball or have a hard time keeping up? You could give two answers to this question. What you would really like to see happen or what you think will happen given the strength of their district.

Chris Hart
08-04-2002, 11:27 PM
I see Celina making the playoffs, but I don't think they will have much success in postseason.I think they would fare better in the playoffs with G.A. Moore behind the reins, but I still think they would struggle.

[This message has been edited by Chris Hart (edited August 04, 2002).]

niceguy86
08-05-2002, 12:26 AM
I would love for them to be awful, but that's because my team is coming up from 2A also, and we will suck lol. I would like them to not do to well, but I think they will go into the playoffs and beat a team and lose the next, which is not bad at all. "I'm talking about Celina"

Owen B
08-05-2002, 12:54 AM
I think Celina has a good chance to make the playoffs. I don't think they'll beat either Commerce or Bonham in bi-district.

sinton66
08-05-2002, 07:22 AM
I think that's a good point, Owen B. I don't know much about Celina except what I've read, but I do know there are some powerhouses up that way that would be real tough to unseat. I would think though, they've probably met some of them before in preseason games, so ya never know. Refugio did it in R4 some years back(1986, I think).

Jacket2000
08-05-2002, 10:29 AM
I think Celina will do very well, especially for their first season in 3a. Yes, Im sure the win streak will end, but I still expect them to win their district and go at least 3 rounds deep. Butch Ford, the new HC, has been GA Moore's protege` for his entire tenure at Celina, so I dont see much of a drop off there. Besides, a team with 4 consecutive state championships and a 57 game win streak isnt gonna just lay down b/c you add another A to their classification.
J2K

Owen B
08-05-2002, 11:35 AM
Jacket, have you compared your district and region rankings to the playoff brackets? If your rankings hold up, then Celina loses to Daingerfield in round 2.

Jacket2000
08-05-2002, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by Owen B:
Jacket, have you compared your district and region rankings to the playoff brackets? If your rankings hold up, then Celina loses to Daingerfield in round 2.
LOL, right you are. No, I didnt compare the two before I made the post. So, let me change my prediction. I predict Celina will go 2 rounds deep, if they have to play Daingerfield in area.
J2K

eye of the tiger
08-05-2002, 01:07 PM
I like Celina and wish them good luck as they enter 3A competition. Unless of course they play Commerce. LOL

oldbuff78
08-05-2002, 01:26 PM
They will do ok!! 2A to 3A is a change , but not that much.