PDA

View Full Version : German Fest & other activities

FormerBellvilleBrahma
04-27-2008, 10:21 AM
Anyone going to the German Fest in Bellville this weekend, Cold Brew, Sauerkraut, Sausage, and Polka Music!

Antec
04-27-2008, 11:41 AM
Now you tell us--LOL

Little too late

Mai Fest in Brenham is coming up next month is is pretty cool to attend

Antec
04-27-2008, 11:47 AM
http://tourtexas.com/listbydate_0805.html

zebrablue2
04-27-2008, 12:38 PM
Bellville has the Annual Heritage Gathering on Saturday May 3rd beginning at 8:30am. The family friendly event is aimed at the way life was in the 1800's. The square is loaded with arts and crafts booths, music, jail breaks, shootouts, pony rides and much more for kids. The original urban cowboy Johnny Lee will be the marshal for the parade that kicks off at noon, with a cattle drive around the square in Bellville. Great family event, and unlike FBB, I will give a weeks notice-- LOL...

STANG RED
04-27-2008, 05:44 PM
Does New Braunfels still have there big weurstfest? I used to go back in the late 70s. it was a blast.
I didnt know Bellville had one?
The little community of Wall has a good one to. Or at least it was good 25-30 yrs. ago.

Antec
04-27-2008, 05:55 PM
New Braunfels is in mid fall

Fredericksburg has one too but not sure what time o year

West fest in West had a big one too- either Memorial Day or Labor Day Weend

FormerBellvilleBrahma
04-27-2008, 08:16 PM
Anyone going to the maifest in Brenham in 2 weeks?
There are some region 4 town in the mix.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
04-27-2008, 08:29 PM
Originally posted by zebrablue2
Bellville has the Annual Heritage Gathering on Saturday May 3rd beginning at 8:30am. The family friendly event is aimed at the way life was in the 1800's. The square is loaded with arts and crafts booths, music, jail breaks, shootouts, pony rides and much more for kids. The original urban cowboy Johnny Lee will be the marshal for the parade that kicks off at noon, with a cattle drive around the square in Bellville. Great family event, and unlike FBB, I will give a weeks notice-- LOL...

I did not even start this tread, I made a comment on another tread, and my comments were moved to its own tread.
Will all comments from now on, be moved if they dont have anything to do with the topic of the tread?

NastySlot
04-27-2008, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by Antec
New Braunfels is in mid fall

Fredericksburg has one too but not sure what time o year

West fest in West had a big one too- either Memorial Day or Labor Day Weend

there seems to be some sort of fest every week in fred.

STANG RED
04-27-2008, 10:23 PM
Originally posted by NastySlot
there seems to be some sort of fest every week in fred.

Yeah I usually try to avoid Fredricksburg on weekends. I love the town, but weekends in the summer are always packed and traffic is slow and tight. weekdays are much better for sure.

NastySlot
04-27-2008, 10:28 PM
Originally posted by STANG RED
Yeah I usually try to avoid Fredricksburg on weekends. I love the town, but weekends in the summer are always packed and traffic is slow and tight. weekdays are much better for sure.

busy in the summer, spring break weeks and almost every weekend............I sometimes don't understand why so many people come.

44INAROW
04-27-2008, 10:41 PM
I bet the sauerkraut is to die for......... anyone ever get the kraut there?